CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Door Decorations (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/338151-door-decorations.html)

brettsmom August 17th, 2007 01:56 AM

Door Decorations

Carnival doesn't mind you putting a decoration on the outside of your cabin door? :)

ferrangi August 17th, 2007 02:24 AM

I haven't been on my cruise yet, but from what i hear on this board, people do it all the time, and get lots of great comments on their door decor.
In fact, I plan on doing somthing, I'm just not sure yet. 8)

wakedreams August 17th, 2007 08:51 AM

they don't mind at all, as long as you don't use glue or anything that would leave damage to the door it will be fine.

we hang up a poster or pictures or something. Makes it so much easier to find the right door. The doors all look alike and are in a very very very loooonnnng hall.

Of course you can just look at the door numbers...but sometimes that is difficult at 3am.

adias.angel August 17th, 2007 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakedreams
we hang up a poster or pictures or something. Makes it so much easier to find the right door. The doors all look alike and are in a very very very loooonnnng hall.

What do you use to hung then up with? I wanted to put my scrap booking creativity to work as decorations for our doors ;) Carla

marym933 August 18th, 2007 12:46 PM

Glue dots

I got some glue dots at the office supply store. They worked well for light items. I brought foam cut-outs from the craft store. They are usually available there for less than $1. I had a frog, sun, palm tree and mermaids. Don't put anything on the door that you wouldn't mind being stolen. The frog disappeared for a while, but was eventually recovered.

luckycruzer August 19th, 2007 01:33 AM

Affixing Door dec

Quote:

Originally Posted by adias.angel
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakedreams

What do you use to hung then up with? I wanted to put my scrap booking creativity to work as d

ecorations for our doors ;) Carla

in a pinch I used my eyelash glue..peeled right off...but I take wide tape, and double back it...my scrap book page is on its 7th cruise next week...I taped magnetic-cut up biz card..but it didnt work..too heavy..so I just put the rolled tape on the 4 corners, and it pulls off..and I still have my page in tact

Michelle1959 August 19th, 2007 10:15 AM

I just sailed on Sensation and I didn't see a single other door decoration other than mine on my whole deck or the deck above me. If you want to, do it. I think now it just takes up valuable suitcase space, especially as I only travel with one carry-on, a totebag and my purse, nothing else.

Potter August 19th, 2007 11:13 AM

I just put a little flower magnet (dollar store) high on our door, high enough that it would be hard to take, but we could see it. I forgot it and left it there. Next cruise I will do the same, nothing real big or that stands out just somthing cute so I have a idea this is my door. Had extra in case that one was gone. Just ck every so often as people move them to be funny. In fact I almost moved ours to trick my husband Ha Ha. Have great fun on your cruise Lynn