Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Default questions re: past guest privileges

okay, I just did my first Carnival cruise and I have my past guest number.
what does that mean? I believe they only have a past guest party on the 5 day or longer cruises. So what can I expect to be different for my 2nd crusie in June? Do I get special deals when buying things in the ship shops? If I change my category 1a specific cabin number to a category 1a cabin category guarantee, am I more likely to get an upgrade when I board? Tell me what this means, please! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2007, 11:12 AM
First Mate

Default Re: questions re: past guest privileges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1959
okay, I just did my first Carnival cruise and I have my past guest number.
what does that mean? I believe they only have a past guest party on the 5 day or longer cruises. So what can I expect to be different for my 2nd crusie in June? Do I get special deals when buying things in the ship shops? If I change my category 1a specific cabin number to a category 1a cabin category guarantee, am I more likely to get an upgrade when I board? Tell me what this means, please! Thanks!
Michelle -

Don't expect very many specific benefits of being a past guest, although it is important to let whomever is booking your next Carnival cruise, be it a PVP or TA, that you are a past guest.

Generally, there is a slight discount on the fare for being a past guest, but there are times that other discounts are even better.

You do get the past guest's party on the five day and greater cruises - its not much, but it is something that the newbies don't get access to.

The one benefit that I, personally, believe that you get from being a past guest is that Carnival, IMO, looks to upgrade past guests before newbies - since our first cruise, I have only booked category guarantees and I have never failed to score a category upgrade. Not just a deck or two, but inside to outside, outside to balcony and outside to suite. I know there are some who do not believe this contention, but it is the truth.
05/03 Smokefree Paradise
08/04 Smokefree Paradise (8 days due to Francis)
01/07 Carnival Liberty
11/07 Carnival Freedom Transatlantic
05/08 Carnival Liberty
12/09 Carnival Pride
06/10 Carnival Glory
Old August 19th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

....and if you're lucky, you'll get a "past cruiser" pin that you could auction off on Ebay to fund your upcoming cruise.....
Old August 19th, 2007, 11:50 AM
First Mate

Don't forget. You also get a gold Sail and Sign, ( I call it "Sail and Sigh"), card. This means absolutely nada. Just identifies the old fish from the new fish.
Old August 19th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Captain

My rule of thumb is if I dont have a OV, then I go for the guarantee. I think Im the one who suggested the 1A guarantee in the first place a few nights back.

I have the 1A with the two windows on Conquest, but would have settled for a 1A port hole.

On the Fantasy class ships, I have two 1A guarantees and rolling the dice as I figure I cant do much worse, but will probably be upgraded to at least a 4A as most others reported.

On a Fantasy class ship Im gambling that I may wind up with the bunk bed configuration. They recently went up on both my 1A guarantees, so I cant rebook at the same price, so hanging onto what I have. Hopefully, I will get a higher deck, but if not, we can live with whatever they give us. Iv been monitoring the 1As to see how many are left. They raise the 1A price to be the same as the IS price now, so fewer 1A guarantees are being sold. The Ecstasy was booking hot hot hot my PVP said. Id have to pay $100 per person now to rebook the same cruise and its only a little 5 day.
Old August 19th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Captain

btw when you have 10 cruises with Carnival you become platinum and thats when you get the good stuff. Free laudry (not ironing I was told, just free wash), some kind of gift, stationary with your name, some nice stuff. You get into some gambling thing, no charge, they waive the $20 entry fee once you are platinum (I dont gamble, so dont know which one).

There is also a past guest cruise where they give you a whole big bag of gifts, hat, t shirt, a whole bunch of nice stuff if you like carnival logo stuff.
Old August 19th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Admiral

mostly you will get the pin, a welcome back invitation to the past guest party and dibs on upgrades; meaning you are further in line for an upgrade than a new first time ever cruiser; usually the upgrades take you a floor or two up from same type of room to same type of room just up on a higher deck and more center in the ship if you are booked extremely front.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old August 19th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Admiral

thanks everyone...!
Old August 19th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Admiral

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old August 20th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: questions re: past guest privileges

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSFP
You do get the past guest's party on the five day and greater cruises - its not much, but it is something that the newbies don't get access to.
The past guest party is all about the free drinks If you don't like alcohol then its a great time to try out all the smoothie flavors for free Carla
Old August 21st, 2007, 01:23 AM
Beginner

Our cruise was full and we got nothing for being past guests besides the little pin I threw away. We didn't go to the party--conflicted with our dinner seating.