Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Passenger

Default Add me to the list of cruise addicts

Ya'll all I can think about is my cruise and how much fun I had. Back at work today and I find myself thinking how I would wake up at 7:00 on the ship and take my coffee and book to the balcony and it was sooo nice and easy. Believe me I am not a morning person. This morning getting up at 6:30 for work was so hard. I find myself at times thinking about what I would be doing on the ship. I have been surfing the net for more cruises instead of doing the work that needs to be done. Unfortunately, when I am out no one does my work. I can honestly say that as a Type A-driven individual who is uptight, slightly anal about things, and somewhat picky I was so relaxed. I have not felt that relaxed is so long. It was such a nice feeling. So what do I do to break this addiction? Book another cruise sounds like a way to get my fix.
Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Yeoman

THERE'S A LIST?!?!

Oh pleeeaassssee how do I get on it
Old August 20th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Cejay - we will be on our 17th cruise this January on the Freedom. Believe me when I say the excitement never dies down. We are as addicted now ( if not more so ) as when we started 15 years ago :-)
Old August 20th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Booking another cruise is definitely the way to get over the post cruise blues.

I am like you personality wise and no one does my work for me either. This November when I go I will actually be having some one do some stuff for me for the 1st time. I hope it goes well. That is one thing about being the controller of a company, it is so hard to find someone to help out and to know what to do.

I am glad you had a good time!

Carnival Spirit 11/07
Carnival Paradise 12/01
Carnival Elation 12/99
Old August 20th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Admiral

You are now officially hooked!!

Welcome to cruise world
Old August 20th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I had a tough time going back to work after my western cruise in January. I didn't have a problem getting up considering I was usually up by 6:30am (which would be 4:30 am back home time) everyday. I was usually on deck eating breakfast by 7:30 am, and that is after a leisurely wake up (go potty and then go sit on the balcony for 15 minute or so to let the sea air wake me up and then jump in the shower). I didn't have a hard time getting up at 5:30 am, but I had a hard time concentrating on what I had to do and trying to get my land legs back, which was hard when I would do work on the computer....

I am stoked for September, no matter what happens, I will have fun and Line ups won't bug me, no deck chair time won't bug me (I can't seem to lay on a deck chair for more than 30 minutes without needing SOMETHING to do, which usually means getting up and going for a cruise around the decks....

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old August 20th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Captain

Cejay,

We are adding you to our VERY LONG list of cruise addicts. I just wish I had started cruising earlier. I'm doing my best to make up for lost time. (17 cruises in three years)

Libragirl
Old August 21st, 2007, 12:04 AM
Passenger

Libragirl:
If you don't mind my asking how do you swing that many cruises in three years? I feel that our bank account is depleted and started a fund and told hubby that my bonuses were going in the cruise fund. Plus the time off from work?
Marvlgir- that is what I do I am the plant controller and no one can do my job but me. My boss can only do so much so I get to go back to a pile of work. I was so tired that I worked till 4:45 and then left, we close at 4:30. The pile is still there till tomorrow. Oh well, I guess it will get done.
Old August 21st, 2007, 12:20 AM
Admiral

Welcome fellow addicts. you will find support here. We all feel your pain. Withdrawal can be a bummer.

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">
Old August 21st, 2007, 04:24 AM
Admiral

The list starts behind me!!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old August 21st, 2007, 12:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

We have been chartered members of FOC (Friends of Cruising) since getting back from our first cruise, Aug 98!

Since then, we have had about 200 friends and families take cruises from our talking about them and showing our pictures!

Past Cruises
Carnival Ecstasy 97
Carnival Fantasy 98
Carnival Imagination 03
Carnival Glory 05
Carnival Elation 07
Carnvial Triumph 08
Old August 21st, 2007, 03:06 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cejay
Libragirl:
If you don't mind my asking how do you swing that many cruises in three years? I feel that our bank account is depleted and started a fund and told hubby that my bonuses were going in the cruise fund. Plus the time off from work?
Marvlgir- that is what I do I am the plant controller and no one can do my job but me. My boss can only do so much so I get to go back to a pile of work. I was so tired that I worked till 4:45 and then left, we close at 4:30. The pile is still there till tomorrow. Oh well, I guess it will get done.
Cejay,

My husband and I are retired teachers. We saved as much money as we could the last few years we taught. We also get retirement pay. As you know, teachers don't make much money, and the retirement pay is even less. It helps that my husband was in the military, and we get the military rate on at least some of the Carnival cruises. We are both totally addicted to cruising. I can't think of a better way to relax and to travel to places I would never have seen, otherwise. Our children have gone on several cruises with us, so they understand why we love to cruise. I plan to cruise til the day I die!!!

I hope you have many more wonderful cruises in your future!!

Libragirl
Old August 21st, 2007, 10:52 PM
Passenger

Cejay,
I was on the Inspiration with you! I'm having withdrawls myself! Just yesterday afternoon, I finally stopped feeling like i was still on the ship. I never had any problems on the ship with dizziness, etc. but when I got off, I was dizzy for two and a half days. What's that tell me? GET BACK ON THE SHIP!!!!!

I don't remember how many you said you had in your room...? We had two teenage girls and the ONLY thing I wasn't satisfied with was the little baby mattress looking thing that had to lay on the floor for a bed. I thought we were going to have two bunks but instead had two twin beds, one bunk and one tiny, thin mattress that was stored under one of the beds. NOT COMFORTABLE AT ALL!!! Is this standard for four people? Next time I hope we can change that.

I guess if that's the worst thing about the 5 nights, it's ok by me.
Old August 21st, 2007, 11:13 PM
First Mate

Cejay,

So glad you enjoyed your cruise. The only cure that works for me is booking another cruise.

Welcome back and happy cruising in the future,

Sherrie
Ecstasy 12/12/09,Conquest 4/12/09, Conquest 4/19/09,Conquest 2/09, Pride 10/08, Ecstasy 1/08, Miracle 3/08, Miracle 4/08, Miracle 5/06, Conquest 12/08, Conquest 9/07, Conquest 4/07, Conquest 8/03, Destiny 5/05, Adv of Seas 5/05, Elation 12/04, Jubilee 4/03, Sensation 6/00, Celebration 5/93, Celebration 6/92,Holiday 5/92, Tropical 3/90, NCL--Windward, Skyward, Sunward
Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:24 AM
Admiral

I haven't gotten the blues yet after my recent Sensation cruise with my teenage son. We're enjoying having 483 photos and 20-30 videos of our trip!

But I did book my next cruise, solo, for June 2008 and am already looking with my son for the next cruise we'll take together, which will probably be when he graduates high school in 2011. It may be Alaska, which would be incredible!

I can't afford more than that however, I know that one day, when my dad passes, he will be leaving us kids a lot of money and I know I will immediately book a 9-day southern caribbean cruise for myself! The rest will be invested. He's 84 and in pretty good health, so I hope that's many years from now.

Cruising is definitely addicting and I'm hopelessly hooked!