Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 21st, 2007, 04:01 PM
Admiral

Default questions about singles activities/excursions

Do any cruiselines organize activities for solo travelers? I know Carnival does a meet and greet, but what else? Is there a sign up sheet for solo travelers to sign up to do an excursion with other solo travelers?

I think it would be great if solo travelers who want to , let's say, do a group walk-about of the shopping area near the port. No need to pay for an excursion for that, and you kow everyone else in the group is travelling solo like you are. Or, all take a cab/van together to the port to a beach, museum, garden, zoo, or other attraction and back again.

Does ANY cruiselines do this?

Is there a message board on the shops where a passenger can post a message like this? I don't recall seeing one on Carnival Sensation.
Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2007, 05:09 PM
Admiral

Carnival doesn't do any single activities are most cruises but they will put all solo cruisers at the same dining room table. This way they meet and usually end up kind of buddying up for the duration of the cruise.
Very informal but I have found that it always works out well.

As for the excursions, there is no reason not to find non-solos/singles to buddy up with. Many women are cruise widows in that their mates are only interested in eating, sleeping, drink beer and sit in the sports bar and watch the same stupid sports game that they could have watched at home for free :evil: It leaves the mrs. with no one to enjoy the ports and shows with. Those are usually my hangout buddies on the ships. Likewise for men, this is when a single male comes in handy. Someone to care and get excited when watching an old tape of an old football/basketball game when you already know the outcome but pretend to be excited just the same. . . . .

Anyway, I digress. You get my drift.

Solo on a cruise is usually anything but.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old August 21st, 2007, 06:41 PM
Captain

Sometimes if you look in your daily activities there will be a singles get together. Iv never gone but Iv seen them on some ships.
Old August 26th, 2007, 01:23 AM
First Mate

Im not aware of a cruiseline that does just a cruise for all singles. Certain cruiselines such as Carnival do offer solo passenger rates and there is a singles "meet and greet" the first night. I would try surfing the web for singles cruises.

MAY 2011 - CARNIVAL GLORY
MAY 2010 - CARNIVAL DREAM
MAY 2009 CARNIVAL FASCINATION
APR 2008 CARNIVAL INSPIRATION
JUN-2007 CARNIVAL SENSATION
NOV-2006 CARNIVAL LEGEND
APR-2006 CARNIVAL INSPIRATION
JAN -2000 CARNIVAL IMAGINATION
Old August 26th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Admiral

I crashed a singles meet and greet by accident on my last cruise. Actually it was a lot of fun. I met some real nice people.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old August 26th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Michelle yes they do offer singles Meet and Greets,I attend to just say hi
Old August 26th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Admiral

thanks everyone, I will make sure to attend the meet & greet
Old September 14th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Passenger

I'm going on a first cruise outa miami for halloween on the fascination. I booked through a singles thing "cruisingforlove" it probably cost more but hopefullly it'll be worth it. she's pretty much takin care of everything I hope.It's a short first time cruise, my dilema is what costume to take for the costume party(halloween).
Old September 14th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie44
I'm going on a first cruise outa miami for halloween on the fascination. I booked through a singles thing "cruisingforlove" it probably cost more but hopefullly it'll be worth it. she's pretty much takin care of everything I hope.It's a short first time cruise, my dilema is what costume to take for the costume party(halloween).
sounds like fun, I can't wait to hear all about it! well, check out the halloween shops and see what appeals to you!
Old September 14th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Yeoman

Hey Michelle! Go to CruiseMates Home Page and you'll see that this thread is today's "Hot Topic"!! Kewl beans!
Old September 14th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Admiral

wow, that IS cool! Thanks for pointing it out!
Old September 15th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Yeoman

Most cruise ships DO have a get-acquainted party for singles on the first night. Some have them on the second night. Be sure to check the activities schedule. And I always tell people that if there isn't a singles gathering planned to find the Cruise Director and offer to help organize one. That way you will meet even more people traveling alone.

And be sure to go to Cruisemates' Singles section and check out the singles cruise calendar. I always advise people to go on an organized singles cruise. That way they are assured of having other solo cruisers to hang out with.

Pat Hagan
Cruisemates Singles Editor
Old September 16th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Hagan Singles Editor
Most cruise ships DO have a get-acquainted party for singles on the first night. Some have them on the second night. Be sure to check the activities schedule. And I always tell people that if there isn't a singles gathering planned to find the Cruise Director and offer to help organize one. That way you will meet even more people traveling alone.

And be sure to go to Cruisemates' Singles section and check out the singles cruise calendar. I always advise people to go on an organized singles cruise. That way they are assured of having other solo cruisers to hang out with.

Pat Hagan
Cruisemates Singles Editor
Thanks Pat - I actually did check out some singles cruises sites, but they did not offer the time frame I needed or the itinerary I wanted.
I ran a singles group a few years ago and would not be interested in organizing singles on a cruise ship - unless it was my full-time job. I want to relax, not be responsible for ANYTHING - on my vacation
Old September 17th, 2007, 05:04 AM
Beginner

I'm going on my first Cruise (Carnival Elation - San Diego/Cabo/etc) this weekend. It's nice to know that they seat other single people together at dinner.

Can I just tell you how EXCITED I am to be going on this cruise? I'm loading up my Ipod; I went shopping for some new clothes and can't wait to see all that the ship has to offer. Lounge chairs for one...

I'm doing the last of 4 music gigs on Friday night - then driving to San Diego in the morning. Sorry fans, there will be no long encores on Friday night's set...

Cheers,
~ Joey
Old September 17th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Admiral

yeah, I'm also excited that they sit singles/solo cruisers. there's bound to be at least one or two people to have an inteiligent conversation with! And, hopefully, some cute guys for me to flirt with! :0