Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:30 PM
Passenger

Default How do you guarantee a table for two?

I'm very picky about being at a table for two at dinner. I know some people think I'm crazy, but when I'm on vacation I just want it to be me and my wife.
I went to the dinning room immediately after boarding the ship on our last cruise and got a table for two.
However, is there anyway to guarantee getting that before leaving?
Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:32 PM
Captain

Are you platinum? I hear if you are that they give you priority. I dont know of any way beforehand to guarantee a table for you. You can request it, but not guarantee one.

Other than that the only way I know, some went to eat in the speciality restaurant almost every night.
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith
Default Re: How do you guarantee a table for two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin
I'm very picky about being at a table for two at dinner. I know some people think I'm crazy, but when I'm on vacation I just want it to be me and my wife.
I went to the dinning room immediately after boarding the ship on our last cruise and got a table for two.
However, is there anyway to guarantee getting that before leaving?
McLovin, about the only way I know how to do that is the same thing you did, visit the Maitre d' immediately after boarding. 9 out of 10 times, that has worked for us. I may be proven wrong, it wouldn't be the first time but I think that with Carnival, you cannot even request a table for 2 at the time of booking, some other cruiselines do give you the option to request, (again ONLY ON A REQUEST BASIS), a table for 2 at the time of booking.
Happy cruising

Captain
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:35 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the info. This will be a huge bummer and will probably keep from eating in the dinning room if we can't get one.
Oh, we're sailing on the Miracle BTW (if that helps).

Old August 21st, 2007, 07:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi McL,
Its true, you can only request a table for 2, but hopefully you'll get what you want. Just in case it doesn't work out, I'd suggest trying out a larger table with others, there is something to be said about interesting tablemates. You can still find plenty of time for just you and your wife. You can even order room service and eat on your balcony if you are fortunate enough to have one, thats also special.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 21st, 2007, 08:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

mm room service.... --a sandwich whoo whoo! haha... I probably would have had room service a lot more if the in room menu on the Triumph didn't suck so much!

I wish they had a decent breakfast that I didn't have to go get on the Lido for.. Does anyone know if the room service differs from ship to ship?
Old August 21st, 2007, 09:41 PM
Admiral

Even Platinum members cannot request table size...they are only guaranteed dining time. I never had a problem being assigned a table for 2 when requested from the Maitre d'...just make sure you're one of the first ones in line as soon as he is available.
Old August 21st, 2007, 10:25 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin
Thanks for the info. This will be a huge bummer and will probably keep from eating in the dinning room if we can't get one.
Oh, we're sailing on the Miracle BTW (if that helps).
I'll be sailing on Miracle just a month after you will be and I too would like a table with just my wife and I. Let me know how you make out with getting your requested table, as I'll be sure to be doing the same thing when I get onboard!
Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:56 AM
Admiral

Yep, your best bet is to be "first in line" at the maitre d' when you board to check and see what type of a table you're assigned to, and request a table for two, if that's not what they gave you. The problem is, that there are a very limited number of small tables in the dining room, because most folks like being seated at a larger table, and seeing the same dinner partners each night. (plus, it's much easier, and more effecient for the wait staff!) Good luck, and enjoy your cruise!

Ken