Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 21st, 2007, 08:28 PM
Passenger

Default Fantasy 10/1 taxes, fees, tips etc.

We are planning a cruise for 10/1/ out of New Orleans on the Fantasy. We were wondering about how much we shuld expect in taxes port fees tips and other charges not covered in the fare? We have gotten so much great info here already. Thanks for any further help.
Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2007, 09:28 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Fantasy 10/1 taxes, fees, tips etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennsheila
We are planning a cruise for 10/1/ out of New Orleans on the Fantasy. We were wondering about how much we shuld expect in taxes port fees tips and other charges not covered in the fare? We have gotten so much great info here already. Thanks for any further help.
Go to a "travel site" and pretend to book a cruise, most of them will show you your final price, Carnvial we included port fees, but not taxes, should run an extr $60 per person.
Old August 21st, 2007, 10:38 PM
Passenger

Tips you should plan $10 per person per day.. You can also pre pay them!

NCL Crown 2005 - South America
Carnival Conquest 2007 - W. Caribbean
Holland America Oosterdam 2008 - Alaska
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:04 AM
Captain

Default Re: Fantasy 10/1 taxes, fees, tips etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennsheila
If you are looking at the price on Carnival.com an dmost online sites, the price shown includes port fees. It just does not include "taxes and fees" which on a short cruise are minimal. $35 approx Id guess, depending on how many days the short cruise is.

Tips are $10 per day per person...2 people for 5 days = $100, 4 people thats $200 tips they will add to your sea pass card.

Bring some $1 for porters and shuttles and such, you will want to tip others too.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 10:55 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the help that clears the water for us newbies.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 01:18 PM
Passenger

We are on that exact cruise and I pulled out our paperwork; here's what it says on our carnival confirmation:
Cruise $340
N/Com $238.00 (I think this is the port charges)
Taxes $59.36

Does that help any? I'm a first timer, too, so I'm not even sure if I'm being helpful!
Old August 22nd, 2007, 02:46 PM
Passenger

Thanks goLc. I wonder what the cruise will be like in the wake of Dean?
Old August 22nd, 2007, 03:06 PM
Passenger

Glennsheila, from what I've read here and elsewhere, Cozumel will be fine and as expected; Costa Maya is another story. Evidently the pier will be unusable for maybe 8 months. Carnival has supposedly said most ships will go to either Belize City or Roatan as an alternative to Costa Maya. But from what I've heard, ALL Carnival ships can't divert to those 2 ports; some may go to Calico, Progresso, or Playa Del Carmen. (I'm sure I butchered up some of those; trying to do it from memory!) We already had excursions booked for both places, I guess Carnival will credit us the one from Costa Maya. As soon as we hear what the other port will be, we'll be checking into those. We thought we had done all of our homework, but now we will have to do some quick studying on our new port. Are you all driving to New Orleans?
Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:54 AM
Passenger

GoLc , Thanks for the great info. We had not heard about any of those possible ports. Belize sounds great to me. Yes we are driving to New Orleans. Thinking about trying to get there 9/29.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:09 PM
Passenger

The next couple of Fantasy cruises are going to Progreso, according to cruise sites. Don't know if ours will, but it would make sense that they wouldn't change the alternate port every time she sails. I'm fixing to do some checking on Progreso; don't know a dang thing about it right now!
Old August 24th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Passenger

GoLC We are just hoping it is somewhere really neat. As someone else said on another thread "we'll go where the big boat takes us".
Old August 24th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Passenger

I recently had surgery, so I've got lots of "down time" to lay here and look up stuff, so I've read up on the boards about all of the "most likely" ports; they ALL look really neat to me! I'm like you, I'd be happy just riding around in a big circle! Any stops are just bonuses as far as I'm concerned!
Old August 24th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Passenger

That's pretty much us. Hope to see yall on board. By the way my wife is from KY.
Old August 24th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Passenger

We're in Russellville, KY, about 50 miles north of Nashville. Are you in our neck of the woods? We've rented a huge van for the drive to New Orleans; 6 of us who teach together are driving and "girls cruise" together. The drive doesn't look too bad; we're planning to leave from Bowling Green on the 30th and drive it straight through, get there early evening on Sunday.
Old August 26th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Passenger

we are about 50 miles west of Nashville.