CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Fantasy - Key Question & Muster Drill (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/338498-fantasy-key-question-muster-drill.html)

CajunCruiser August 22nd, 2007 03:26 PM

Fantasy - Key Question & Muster Drill

I have read posts regarding keys for your cabin door being the same as your sail/sign card & other posts that state separate key for the door from sail/sign...and then confusion about the way the safe opens...

In NO on Fantasy, do they do muster drill & allow everyone time to return on deck for the sail away or do they start moving while you are in muster drill? Is there any sort of sail away party when we leave the port...this is a 5 day cruise....(last year, the Ecstasy was leaving while still in drill & we didn't hear or see any sign of a sail away party)

I'm sure some recent passenger can help me!

Thanks in advance!

dina August 22nd, 2007 03:37 PM

keys: it depends on how old your ship is. If its an older ship then the room key is separate from your sail and sign key.

safe: It unlocks with a magnetic card swipe. Do not use your sail and Sign card. Use something else with a magnetic strip.

Muster drill : both of my cruises had them prior to sailing.

sail away party: On the Lido deck at sailing.. Its not organized and nothing is free but there is music. Grab a Caper at the pursers desk when you board and there should be one in your cabin when you can get into it.

rrobertson August 22nd, 2007 03:48 PM

Fantasy Sept. 8, 2007

I will be sailing with you. It's my first cruise. My husband and some fireman couples are all going together. Have you heard anything about what will happen now since Hurricane Dean?

CajunCruiser August 22nd, 2007 06:03 PM

I think I just replied to you on another thread.

No official news at all from Carnival, I'd venture to say that we won't be visiting Costa Maya...wonder what other journey we will have?

David West August 22nd, 2007 06:25 PM

I'm wondering the same thing. I feel like we'll still keep Cozumel, but Costa Maya will be out for sometime to come.
Some have said Key West. Or we'll stop at another port close by.

The wife and I are sailing on the Fantasy on Sept. 22 for a B2B cruise.

cherylroy August 22nd, 2007 10:11 PM

As you get off, I'll be getting on. :-)

Montycruiser August 23rd, 2007 09:19 PM

We will be sailing October 29th for the Halloween Cruise. I think Progresso will be replacing Costa Maya. We were sent to Progresso in October 2005 after Wilma hit, not much there at that time. Well I guess we will see what a difference 2 yrs will make :-?

mehawk August 24th, 2007 12:22 AM

In my past experiences, the card to the door has been different from the S&S card. The muster drill was held as the ship was leaving port but you still had time to get to your cabin and back out later.

SelucreyII August 24th, 2007 12:16 PM

On the Fantasy, the room key is separate from your S&S card.
The Muster drill was before leaving the dock and we had plenty of time to return our life-preservers to the room and reach the upper decks before sail-away. We had a fantastic time on our last cruise and have booked two more on her. There is no organized sail-away on any Carnival ship that I am aware of.