Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2007, 09:45 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd627
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo5
can imagine all they would do if they found it is confiscate it and have a party later in the crews quarters
another 18 beers which they carried on in a bag.
Sorry don't believe it.

I wouldn't bank on carrying on a bunch of beers.

Brian

Sensation
Old August 28th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Admiral

I agree

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old August 28th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Captain

BTW I work for goverment too

I pour my vodka/rum into a couple of small plastic water bottles (1 pint) stuff them in a zip lock bag and then into my shoes in the checked bags.
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpm
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd627
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo5
can imagine all they would do if they found it is confiscate it and have a party later in the crews quarters
another 18 beers which they carried on in a bag.
Sorry don't believe it.

I wouldn't bank on carrying on a bunch of beers.

Brian
Why would I lie?? The beer was consumed by 3 people. The vodka by 2.
Check with the Captain he will vouch for me!!
Believe what you want. That's what was taken onboard.
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

WELCOME BACK, KBD.......

How was your cruise? Come tell us about it, buddy!

Nice to see ya again, K.

Captain
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainEdwardJohnSmith
WELCOME BACK, KBD.......

How was your cruise? Come tell us about it, buddy!

Nice to see ya again, K.

Captain
Had a great time. Had a group of 10 (5 adults-5 Kids). Except for trip from Keywest to Nassau seas were smooth. As you see my above post we got alot of beer aboard so saved money, but still spent alot.
Old September 1st, 2007, 08:42 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jdfireman Send a message via Yahoo to jdfireman
Default Try this

Hello what I have seen done is Just place your liquor in a listerine bottle and die it blue looks great and its in a plastic bottle.This only work for clear liquor..

As for the drink prices I find them very good most of the drinks on a boat are 2 to 3 dollars cheaper than where I go out.

Sneak all the booze you want as long as the glass does not break and you dont get cought
11/04/2006 Fantasy
8/06/2006 Sensation Again
6/16/2006 Carnival Valor
12/15/2005 Inspration
5/29/2005 Carnival victory
4/24/2005 Carnival Pride
12/2004 Imagination
6/2004 Carnival Miracle
11/2003 Sensation
6/2003 Dawn
5/2003 Carnival Legend
6/2002 Sensation
7/2001 Sensation
5/2001 Carnival Destiny
72000 Sensation
4/2000 Carnival Triumph
5/1999 Carnival Destiny
5/1998 Imagination
5/1997 Sensation
Old September 1st, 2007, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

JD,
you're a fireman?
Old September 1st, 2007, 09:48 AM
Passenger

The past two years we have taken one bottle of Bailey's each time, wrapped in bubble wrap, packed in checked suitcase. Both arrived safely to our cabins.

Holiday - 1986
Festivale - 1987
Destiny - 2004, 2005, 2006
Victory - 2007

http://community.webshots.com/user/h...host=community - Destiny and Victory photos
on the Victory for our son's 21st bday!
Old September 1st, 2007, 07:15 PM
Admiral

I know people want to save money on the cruise with their own drinks, But, IMHO, buying them are part of the fun.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old September 1st, 2007, 09:14 PM
Captain

oh believe me i'll be buying them, esp if im lounging on the deck and dont feel like getting up to far to get a frozen foofoo drink.

I do however like a nice strong drink before i go out to "drink" , it gets the party started and i can sip my foo foo's and enjoy my predrink fuzz. hehe

I found a good idea, wierd but good. I'm packing a (pretty big...) bottle of peroxide......emptied and washed out, and i'm putting my rum in there (or what have you) prob half way. Then i'm using 2 water bottle for my vodka. The peroxide bottle is brown and cant be seen thru...only if they open it.

thats plenty of liquer for me tyvm.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 10:51 AM
Passenger

peroxide? Eek. Are you scared you might not get it completely clean? Why not try a 2 liter bottle of Nestea Ice Tea and empty that...its about the same color as rum. That's what i'm going to use for my crown royal.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 03:58 PM
Captain

well first, peroxide is kinda sterile , so its self cleaning, BUT i did wash it out and am airdrying it (you can rince your mouth with peroxide, its not gonna hurt you and has no taste really)

however, your tea idea is a great one! Might do that instead.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 04:11 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to hotmama115
Default Re: Try this

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfireman
Hello what I have seen done is Just place your liquor in a listerine bottle and die it blue looks great and its in a plastic bottle.This only work for clear liquor..

As for the drink prices I find them very good most of the drinks on a boat are 2 to 3 dollars cheaper than where I go out.

Sneak all the booze you want as long as the glass does not break and you dont get cought
that sounds good. Has anyone ever been caught with booze? did u get kicked off the boat??

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 12th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via ICQ to DIVE2CRUZE Send a message via AIM to DIVE2CRUZE

YEH, USE PLASTIC (H2O)BOTTLES ONLY FOR ALCOHOL & PUT EACH BOTTLE IN A SEPARATE ZIPLOC PLASTIC BAG-I ALWAYS USE THE BAGS LATER FOR EXCURSIONS FOR SWIMSUITS, TANNING LOTIONS, SNACKS FOR THE KIDS, ETC.
Old September 12th, 2007, 01:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

You know, I'm really not one to condone bringing your own liquor on the ship. BUT.. I am ROFLMAO at some of the lengths people will go through to "smuggle it".

Honestly, if you want to bring liquor onboard (in reasonable amounts) just pack it in your checked bags and it WILL be delivered to your cabins. All these girations and disguises are not necessary!!!

Many liquors are now sold in plastic bottles, and if your choice is not, just wrap it in bubble wrap. If it's in your checked luggage no one will take it from you!!!

BTW.. show some decorum and drink your own liquor IN YOUR CABIN. I don't think you'd carry your own drinks into a restaurant at home, not sure why people think it's an acceptable thing to do on a ship.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old September 12th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
You know, I'm really not one to condone bringing your own liquor on the ship. BUT.. I am ROFLMAO at some of the lengths people will go through to "smuggle it".

Honestly, if you want to bring liquor onboard (in reasonable amounts) just pack it in your checked bags and it WILL be delivered to your cabins. All these girations and disguises are not necessary!!!

Many liquors are now sold in plastic bottles, and if your choice is not, just wrap it in bubble wrap. If it's in your checked luggage no one will take it from you!!!

BTW.. show some decorum and drink your own liquor IN YOUR CABIN. I don't think you'd carry your own drinks into a restaurant at home, not sure why people think it's an acceptable thing to do on a ship.

Amen, Kuki, amen!

Old September 12th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Captain

No lecture from here. I agree it would be nice if the cruise lines would just have a policy that allowed you to bring on just a little bit your own instead of saying none allowed and playing the whole cat and mouse game. Either that, or let you purchase a bottle or so of your own on board for a half way reasonable price.

That said, the way some of the cruise lines are cutting corners, I think it is just a matter of time before they really crack down on this. If you've got a ship of almost 3,000 passengers and something like one out of every twenty sneak some of their own hooch on board, that is several thousand dollars they are losing per cruise. Times that by say 20 or so ships in a fleet and, I would guess, you are talking in the millions a year in lost revenue for the cruise line. You have to remember, also, that's hundreds of thousands, if not millions, in lost tips to some very hardworking folks onboard each year and the cruise lines depend on these tips like crazy so that they have to pay next to nothing for alot of these employees. I don't think the shareholders are going to have a sense of humor about it much longer but maybe I'm nuts. From my self-centered point of view, I would just hate it to become such an issue that they end up searching every bag that comes on board and getting on the ship ends up taking 2 hours....But I think they will if they have to. Remember, the cruise lines monitor these boards and know what's up!

As Kuki said, I wouldn't get too cute about trying to hide it. Do you really think they don't know all the tricks? Have a great time no matter where you purchase your booze!! Stay naughty for all us guys!
Old September 12th, 2007, 01:12 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki

Amen, Kuki, amen!
Amen from me too! I just did not find the drinks that expensive!

Free Cruise Clocks
Carnival Conquest - 12/4/2005
Old September 12th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Admiral

To expand a bit on Ready's post.....

If the cruise lines truly wanted to cpmpletely prevent people from bringing their own booze onboard they'd insist the cabin stewards break report ANY AND ALL sightings in cabins on penalty of dismissal.

They dont! The cabin stewards happily bring extra ice, glasses etc. when asked. As I said, if you do decide to bring some liquor with you, you really don't have to disguise it if you put it in your checked luggage.

Better than putting it in a peroxide bottle or something silly that could make you sick

I was in the bar business for 30+ years, and on a couple of instances we did have people walk in with a bottle hidden in their jacket. They didn't stay in the bar very long. 8)

In my view your cabin is like your home, or your hotel room, and you should be allowed to have your own liquor if you chose to... and in an obviously backhanded way the cruise lines do allow it.

HOWEVER, the ship's public areas are just like any bar, restaurant, resort, where bringing your own drinks to those area is simply tacky behavior. I honestly can't imagine running back to my cabin when I want a drink, but people do it.
Old September 12th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Yeoman

This has probably been said many times before but I'll say it again.....if you can afford a cruise then why be so cheap about bringing your own booze onboard? Spending a few extra dollars on the ship generated drinks as opposed to risking the consequences of rule breaking, to me, just isn't worth it. Besides, I like the looks of all of those daily speciality drinks....got a nice little collection of the paper umbrellas going on that my kids can fight over after I'm gone..... 8)
Old September 12th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

I always take the Travel $10 size of rum with me. Its just the right size although I usually end up taking it back home with me I still buy it for each and every cruise.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old September 13th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Captain

We don't drink a lot, but usually buy a few drinks on board a cruise and like a glass of champagne or wine with dinner. We are not very knowledgeable about ordering wine. We do have a favorite that we have found at home. It is the same wine that Olive Garden serves as it's house wine. We don't care for their red wine but love the blush and the white.

So, I should be able to just carry two bottles in my carry-on, right? I have read that Carnival charges a corkage fee to serve you the wine with dinner, but some have said they never charge it. If I bring my own wine, do I just take it to the dining room and leave it prior to dinner or what?
Old September 13th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Iwas on 2 Carnival cruises from 2 different ports.

NY - one fifth in carryon and one fifth in checked plus 2 bottles of wine (can't remember where I put the wine).

TX - 2 bottles of wine, one fifth one 1/2 gal liqour all on carryon

In TX they said - "not allowed" and I said just wine and kept walking never said another word. In NY never said anything

Alcohol not an issue - but Carnival won't say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryrr
Just went on a cruise in June and we packed four bottles, just wrapped them in our cloths... put them in the checked bags and on our way we went. We put one bottle in each bag. We didn't have any problems and we will be doing it again in November!! It's a MUST!
Old September 13th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

I was charged the corkage in the "nice" specialty restaurant $14.

They never charged me in the dining room, but the policy says $10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothin but blue skies
We don't drink a lot, but usually buy a few drinks on board a cruise and like a glass of champagne or wine with dinner. We are not very knowledgeable about ordering wine. We do have a favorite that we have found at home. It is the same wine that Olive Garden serves as it's house wine. We don't care for their red wine but love the blush and the white.

So, I should be able to just carry two bottles in my carry-on, right? I have read that Carnival charges a corkage fee to serve you the wine with dinner, but some have said they never charge it. If I bring my own wine, do I just take it to the dining room and leave it prior to dinner or what?
Old September 14th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Passenger

naughty girls make the world a much happier place
Old September 14th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Beginner

Default Best thing for Booze

I learned a few months ago about the "RumRunnerFlasks" which can be gotten from their website by adding the www and the com. They are awesome and I tested well on the Conquest along with other friends. I have never found a mail order company as efficient as they are either. Priced right and to be used over and over. IMO no traveler of any kind should leave home without some. No I don't work for them, just a happy customer that likes to take an adult beverage on a cruise.

Al
Old March 25th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via ICQ to DIVE2CRUZE Send a message via AIM to DIVE2CRUZE

I did have my bottle wrapped in a bag in my suitcase..it was not there when I unpacked! No "girations" just ziploc bags!
Old March 25th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Admiral

Just a note that this thread, almost 4 years old, has been resurrected from the dusty archives, and much of the information should be considered dated. They have been much stricter in their search for alcohol in luggage and carry ons.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 03:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2board View Post
No lecture from here. I agree it would be nice if the cruise lines would just have a policy that allowed you to bring on just a little bit your own instead of saying none allowed and playing the whole cat and mouse game. Either that, or let you purchase a bottle or so of your own on board for a half way reasonable price.

That said, the way some of the cruise lines are cutting corners, I think it is just a matter of time before they really crack down on this. If you've got a ship of almost 3,000 passengers and something like one out of every twenty sneak some of their own hooch on board, that is several thousand dollars they are losing per cruise. Times that by say 20 or so ships in a fleet and, I would guess, you are talking in the millions a year in lost revenue for the cruise line. You have to remember, also, that's hundreds of thousands, if not millions, in lost tips to some very hardworking folks onboard each year and the cruise lines depend on these tips like crazy so that they have to pay next to nothing for alot of these employees. I don't think the shareholders are going to have a sense of humor about it much longer but maybe I'm nuts. From my self-centered point of view, I would just hate it to become such an issue that they end up searching every bag that comes on board and getting on the ship ends up taking 2 hours....But I think they will if they have to. Remember, the cruise lines monitor these boards and know what's up!

As Kuki said, I wouldn't get too cute about trying to hide it. Do you really think they don't know all the tricks? Have a great time no matter where you purchase your booze!! Stay naughty for all us guys!

There was a time long, long, ago when cruiselines did not care what you brought on board, drink-wise. And they would also happily sell you bottles in the duty free shop you could take to your cabin. But in these PC and litigious times, the lines insurance risk management people have put a stop to any consideration of unlimited booze. They have to put on a show of maintaining some control of alcohol consumption, even tho they want us to drink the ship DRY! That said, I think it is beyond childish to sneak alcohol on board, and an automatic failure of Vacation 101. The drinks are normal resort prices and can be ordered in the room. Also Bon Voyage will sell you bottles for consumption in your room. So the only excuse for smuggling is childishness. And children shouldn't be drinking.