Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Captain

Default yes I'm a naughty girl....sneaking booze on board?

I only really drink vodka, so i figured it might be easy, besides it not like i need a 5th to my self lol.

Do you all suggest the old emptying out one of the water bottles in my case of water?

no one scold me, i'll still buy foofoo drinks, but i like to make my own also..esp with the free juice on board (cranberry...yummo)
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Nursey pack as many as you want in your check in baggage....would you like to bet me that you will STILL!! have a huge booze bill at the end of your cruise
Old August 25th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Admiral

One of the best suggestions I have gotten along these lines and it worked wonderfully was to buy some of those airline size plastic bottles. I liked this a lot for several reasons. I didn't worry too much about them breaking in my checked baggage (plastic bottles in a ziploc), I can mix and match. I had a few bottles of Malibu coconut, Malibu pineapple, light rum, dark rum, Bailey's, Grand Marnier etc... that handful of plastic bottles weigh alot less than a big glass litre too.
The cruise line (not Carnival) has a notorious booze policy and we had no problems getting through the booze police with the small bottles since they were in a cosmetic bag. We don't drink that much, but it is nice not to have to run to the bar if you just want to sit in your room and have a cocktail. I probably only used 1/2 of what I brought.

Also, I still buy drinks and wine from the cruiseline as well so I don't feel too bad.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 25th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
Nursey pack as many as you want in your check in baggage....would you like to bet me that you will STILL!! have a huge booze bill at the end of your cruise
so like pack a real bottle of booze, not a hidden one, ohhh your such a rebel, i'd be scared

i'll take that bet, i dont drink wine, and dont drink at dinner (usually) but will enjoy a couple of drinks a day...while at sea...prob not while in ports unless im drinking htem there!

tis why i want the vodka, nice head start to my day !
Old August 25th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenie weenie
One of the best suggestions I have gotten along these lines and it worked wonderfully was to buy some of those airline size plastic bottles. I liked this a lot for several reasons. I didn't worry too much about them breaking in my checked baggage (plastic bottles in a ziploc), I can mix and match. I had a few bottles of Malibu coconut, Malibu pineapple, light rum, dark rum, Bailey's, Grand Marnier etc... that handful of plastic bottles weigh alot less than a big glass litre too.
The cruise line (not Carnival) has a notorious booze policy and we had no problems getting through the booze police with the small bottles since they were in a cosmetic bag. We don't drink that much, but it is nice not to have to run to the bar if you just want to sit in your room and have a cocktail. I probably only used 1/2 of what I brought.

Also, I still buy drinks and wine from the cruiseline as well so I don't feel too bad.
cuz the bottles are clear, dont htey check the makeup bags? great idea tho! thanks...still a vodka girl, what the heck did you use as a mixer for those things! i'm not a huge drinker in "real life) but can mix vodka with almost anything, orange juice or cranberry with some sprite works great lol
Old August 25th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Baileys and Grand Marnier in Coffee...yum!

The rum is great with coke, or flavored rum with pineapple juice and orange juice.

I do know from personal experience that the bottles, plastic or glass do show up on xray. (we got caught once bringing rum back from St. Thomas) but they still let us keep it. I think they just wanted us to know, that they knew lol!

Old August 25th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Does anyone else think that if they included a decent amount of Bar credit to the price of the cruise that less people would sneak on Alcohol?
It was just a thought.... (as I pack my bags with my 5th of Long Island Iced Tea....) Whoo hoo, gonna have a great time.
Now how am I going to get this keg of Bud Light on board?
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old August 25th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Admiral

IMO, if it were easier to have a mixed drink (or two) in your cabin, it may make a difference. I want to be able to enjoy a drink while getting ready for dinner or while relaxing on the balcony.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old August 25th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Captain

Oh some Kahlua for my coffee in the cabin sounds good. Small cosmetic bottles hummm.
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
Old August 25th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Admiral

NurseyPoo, say it ain't so! A naughty girl!!?

And all the other naughty ladies (?) chiming in with their nickel's worth!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old August 25th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Admiral

have you seen the price of drinks on the ship? its more than a nickels worth! make sure your bottles are plastic. you could all always wear a coat with big pockets and just walk on board with it. its my understanding that you just go through a metal detector right?

Old August 25th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
NurseyPoo, say it ain't so! A naughty girl!!?

And all the other naughty ladies (?) chiming in with their nickel's worth!
C'mon Michael, You know you love us!

I will probably take a 1/2 pt of rum and DH will take a 1/2 pt of scotch for consumption in the cabin. Maybe a couple bottles of wine, possible some vodka, maybe some tequila .... and Kahlua sounds good.... and....
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old August 25th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Admiral

I could do the same but I understand the macro-economics of the world. I don't mind spending money on goods or services because that puts money into their pockets which comes back to my pockets down the road.

For instance... I am a government employee. I get paid by the tax payers. So, I purchase something and I pay taxes. The money goes into that person's pockets who then buys something and pays a tax on it. That tax goes to the government who then pays me. That's how it goes from my pocket to theirs and back to mine.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old August 25th, 2007, 06:38 PM
First Mate

I work for the government too, which is why I am bringing alcohol on board! Seriously, I am worried about my final bill. I don't think it will be much, but this is my first cruise and I don't want any sticker shock.

I plan on bringing vodka, tequila, peach schnapps and coconut rum. We will also bring two bottles of wine. Those will only last us 4 nights tops at dinner, so we will be buying drinks at dinner definately. Also will probably buy beers on deck.
Old August 25th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by trarecar
I work for the government too, which is why I am bringing alcohol on board! Seriously, I am worried about my final bill. I don't think it will be much, but this is my first cruise and I don't want any sticker shock.

I plan on bringing vodka, tequila, peach schnapps and coconut rum. We will also bring two bottles of wine. Those will only last us 4 nights tops at dinner, so we will be buying drinks at dinner definately. Also will probably buy beers on deck.
Where and when is the cabin party??

Old August 25th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Passenger

Someone on another board suggested rum runner flasks-- they are plastic and apparently screw very tight, so no leakage. here's the link. I think i am probably going to buy some for my cruise.

http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/
Old August 25th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Admiral

No need just wrap your booze in bubble wrap in the original container(s)
and put it in your check in luggage...it will waiting on you by your door when you return from lido lunch,or the muster drill
Old August 25th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

nurse,
You ARE a naughty girl sneaking booze on board!
There ain't many things in life better than a naughty nurse
You deserve a spanking........
..........Better leave it at that............

Captain
Old August 26th, 2007, 08:29 PM
First Mate

well said captain
Old August 27th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Admiral

I get strange pictures in my mind of naughty nurses...

Old August 27th, 2007, 02:52 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainEdwardJohnSmith
nurse,
You ARE a naughty girl sneaking booze on board!
There ain't many things in life better than a naughty nurse
You deserve a spanking........
..........Better leave it at that............

Captain

omg LMAO!
Old August 27th, 2007, 06:39 PM
First Mate

I re-read my post, and I think I need to clarify - we will drink all the WINE by 4 dinners! Not all of the liquor.

I don't think I would remember a thing about my vacation if that were the case!

So putting the liquor in carry-on is the best route?
Old August 27th, 2007, 08:06 PM
First Mate

I wouldn't take it as carry on. They claim that they can turn you away if you get caught.

They didn't look like they could take a joke to me. Getting on the boat was a very similar experience to getting on a plane. Lots of security and screeners.

Not worth the gamble to me. I would gamble my cruise on the checked luggage if I needed to drink that bad and couldn't afford the ships prices.

Brian

Sensation
Old August 27th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Captain

can imagine all they would do if they found it is confiscate it and have a party later in the crews quarters
Old August 27th, 2007, 09:09 PM
First Mate

So wine in the carry on (since those are okay) and liquor in the checked bags? We are driving in, so I won't be too worried about them.
Old August 27th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Passenger

Just went on a cruise in June and we packed four bottles, just wrapped them in our cloths... put them in the checked bags and on our way we went. We put one bottle in each bag. We didn't have any problems and we will be doing it again in November!! It's a MUST!
Old August 27th, 2007, 10:46 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo5
can imagine all they would do if they found it is confiscate it and have a party later in the crews quarters
Maybe, maybe not. They were pretty serious when I went through.

I am not much of a gambler.

Brian

Sensation
Old August 28th, 2007, 01:45 AM
Passenger

Quote:
I heard of someone who just got off the Legend 8/26 and apparently they packed a liter of Vodka in their checked luggage. They had purchased binoculars for son online and as luck would have it the package containted 2 bubble wrap bags. The bottle fit nicely and was buried in luggage. Another bag contained a case of water (say what you want they tried the ships water and poland spring water is much better). And yet another bag contained a case (24) diet pepsi. A rolling cooler was also checked by them that contained 36 beers ($180. onboard). Their first stop was Key West and I believe they purchased some Tonic water with lime and another 18 beers which they carried on in a bag. Beer was exhausted on Sat afternoon from what I've been told. Vodka was finished Sat evening. Oh and by the way a + $1,000.00 s & s balance.
Old August 28th, 2007, 02:50 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd627
Quote:
I heard of someone who just got off the Legend 8/26 and apparently they packed a liter of Vodka in their checked luggage. They had purchased binoculars for son online and as luck would have it the package containted 2 bubble wrap bags. The bottle fit nicely and was buried in luggage. Another bag contained a case of water (say what you want they tried the ships water and poland spring water is much better). And yet another bag contained a case (24) diet pepsi. A rolling cooler was also checked by them that contained 36 beers ($180. onboard). Their first stop was Key West and I believe they purchased some Tonic water with lime and another 18 beers which they carried on in a bag. Beer was exhausted on Sat afternoon from what I've been told. Vodka was finished Sat evening. Oh and by the way a + $1,000.00 s & s balance.
OMG!!! Alcohol poisoning...

Old August 28th, 2007, 10:22 AM
First Mate

Wow. That's crazy. Hopefully that wasn't just by one couple.