Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to visusie
Default Soft Drink Question

I was wondering if it will be alright for me to bring cans of soda onbaord? Several six packs? I know I can get ice onboard and thought it would be nice to have a diet root beer or diet Sunkist or Tab or something.

Thanks for any help. Have a super weekend!
Old August 25th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Admiral

You can bring a "reasonable" amount of soda. Carnival does not say what is reasonable. It is left up to the folks who screen you before boarding.

I think you would OK with a case of soda.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old August 25th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Soft Drink Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by visusie
I was wondering if it will be alright for me to bring cans of soda onbaord? Several six packs? I know I can get ice onboard and thought it would be nice to have a diet root beer or diet Sunkist or Tab or something.

Thanks for any help. Have a super weekend!
They still make TAB?? I haven't seen that in years....
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old August 25th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Captain

I'm looking forward to bringing on my bottled water. They charge so much and it's not included in the prepaid beverage card.

Carol
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
Old August 25th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Passenger

And whatever you do DONT drink the beverages left in your cabin for you. I think they charge 6.00 for each soda or some outrageous amount.

Carnival Elation 2/07
Carnival Victory 10/07
Old August 25th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Familiar Face

Default Got my soft drinks on fine

Just got off the Ecstacy earlier today. I had packed 2 bottles of Dr Pepper and 6 bottles of Mountain Dew in my checked luggage. They got to the room o.k. On embarkation day, there was a person with a case of bottle water strapped onto their carry on luggage and no one stopped them.
Old August 26th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Captain

We are driving to the port this time. Before always flew in so never did this. But, this time I'm printing out the VIP luggage tag and taping it to a case of bottled water and checking it thourgh with my luggage. Wish they would have a discount card for bottled water.

Carol
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
Old August 26th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffca
We are driving to the port this time. Before always flew in so never did this. But, this time I'm printing out the VIP luggage tag and taping it to a case of bottled water and checking it thourgh with my luggage. Wish they would have a discount card for bottled water.

Carol
Fact is the ship's tap water is more pure than the bottled water. It's desalinated and purified on the ship. I never drink bottled water, except while in some ports of call, and I've lived to tell about it

The bottled water industry is one that blows me away with it's success. They have people clammering all over themselves for tap water.

That and Starbucks getting so many people to pay $6 for a cup of coffee that's $2 (at the most) anywhere else.

I remember when someone approached me about investing in a bottled water co. Being the genious I am...... I said... why would anyone here pay for water in a bottle. DUH!!! That was a ship I missed!!!!!!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 26th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Passenger

FYI, the soft drinks in the rooms are $1.75 each and the big bottle of water is $3.50.

I saw several people carrying 12 pks on the ship without a problem.
Old August 27th, 2007, 01:27 AM
First Mate

It seems like a lot of trouble to me to lug all those cases of soft drinks on board. I have heard that Carnival does allow a reasonable amount to be brought on board. The canned cokes in the fridge in the cabin are only like $1.75 + tip. We drink those all the time. I just figure we are on vacation, and it's convenient. Even on all the shore excursions, I have never not been able to buy a soft drink somewhere.
Ecstasy 12/12/09,Conquest 4/12/09, Conquest 4/19/09,Conquest 2/09, Pride 10/08, Ecstasy 1/08, Miracle 3/08, Miracle 4/08, Miracle 5/06, Conquest 12/08, Conquest 9/07, Conquest 4/07, Conquest 8/03, Destiny 5/05, Adv of Seas 5/05, Elation 12/04, Jubilee 4/03, Sensation 6/00, Celebration 5/93, Celebration 6/92,Holiday 5/92, Tropical 3/90, NCL--Windward, Skyward, Sunward
Old August 27th, 2007, 07:09 PM
First Mate

I took 24 cans of soda in a soft sided cooler. They checked it to make sure it was not beer and didn't say a word.

They filled the cooler with ice all week.

Brian

Sensation
Old August 28th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Beginner

Wow, I'm so glad I read this thread! I never would have thought to bring my own bottled water and soda! (plus, I can empty out a couple of the water bottles and put some rum and vodka in them!)
Old August 28th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by huffca

Carol
Fact is the ship's tap water is more pure than the bottled water. It's desalinated and purified on the ship. I never drink bottled water, except while in some ports of call, and I've lived to tell about it

The bottled water industry is one that blows me away with it's success. They have people clammering all over themselves for tap water.

That and Starbucks getting so many people to pay $6 for a cup of coffee that's $2 (at the most) anywhere else.

I remember when someone approached me about investing in a bottled water co. Being the genious I am...... I said... why would anyone here pay for water in a bottle. DUH!!! That was a ship I missed!!!!!!

You can say that again and again, Kuki...........
In my younger years I used to work on desilination plants designed/installed in yachts, you know the kind, the big fancy boats. Water from a desilination/reverse osmosis system is the purest kind of the clear liquid you can find.

I once also heard that a certain Dr. Perrier from Vergeze, France once had this idea: I KNOW, I WILL BOTTLE WATER AND SELL IT TO THOSE SUCKERS, THE AMERICAINES. LMAO

Captain