Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Passenger

Default could anyone possibly help me out??

Here's the need..... I am telling DH about a cruise on his birthday 10/15 of this year that we will take next July to celebrate early his 50th (early due to kids in school). If he doesn't like the idea, I will cancel & get my deposit back. He really needs the chance to get away from his job w/o phone, laptop, etc., and he was able to do that when we went on our first cruise (legend 7/3-10/07)

Anyway, I'm looking for a way to tell him. Since he's into Blackjack, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to pick up a few chips - Maybe a $1, $5, $10 for me. I'd be more than willing to pay postage, the chips & a bit extra for your help. I assume they would still be usable next 7/27 - 8/3/08 on Legend. I'm not willing, however, to go on Ebay & pay $9.95 for 1 $1 chip + $7.99 shipping. Good if you could sell $1 for almost $20, but not good to buy.

I'm also open to any other suggestions anyone may have. I also thought about drink coupons, but they won't mail them to me & I wanted something he could open.

If anyone might be able/willing, let me know & I'll give you my email so we can work out the details.

Many thanks......

Julie
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2007, 07:48 PM
First Mate

For a surprise I gave my husband a 12 pack of beer with a carnival gift certificate.

He knew the gift certificate with the beer meant this is for your bar tab, for our next cruise that is booked.
Destiny
Norwegian Majesty
Legend
Legend
Valor
Valor again Yahoo!
Old August 26th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Admiral

Julie, the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I are sailing on "Legend", but not until December of this year. I have no doubt that I'll forget it by then, and also that somebody will probably help you out before then. If nobody does, why don't you print this out, and remind me sometime in November or so, and I'll take care of that for you. Just send me a PM at that time if you still need my help. I think you probably need these chips for his birthday, and that'll be too late, but once again, if I can help you in December, just let me know.

Good luck,

Ken