Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Passenger

Default room assignment on Valor

We finally received our room assignment for our Oct. 20th cruise on the Valor. I have read on here that it could still change but I am excited anyway since I ahve never cruised and I am looking so forward to it. We booked a gurantee 8A balcany room and now have a 8E balcany room is there any difference in the 2 rooms? It is room 1062 on the panarma deck
does anyone know if thes is a good room? It seems awfull high up on the ship

Chris
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Captain

Looks awesome to me. You are right across from the elevator. Unless you have some unruly neighbors, that deck is usually pretty quiet.

I personally love to be high up, the higher the better. You are about as mid ship as you can be on that deck, what's not to like?

Just run down one flight of steps, easy, to get to the Lido for that morning cup of coffee. Iv been on Lido, but never above, good going.

The letters next to the letter just show which deck you are on. 8-E, the E is the highest deck of balconys.
Old August 27th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Captain

We booked a gurantee 8A balcany room and now have a 8E balcany room is there any difference in the 2 rooms?

WOW, kewl cabin!!! You booked a Cat8 guarantee, meaning Cat 8A is the lowest cabin you could receive. Instead you got upgraded 4 decks to an 8E. That's awesome! There's no difference in the cabin layout, but the view is SPECTACULAR. There'a also very few cabins on Panorama, so less noise/traffic and only one deck above w/cabins (spa deck). We were in #1102 spa deck on Glory. It does rock-n-roll up there but the view is BREATHTAKING You did GOOD, have a great cruise. BTW, there's little chance that assignment would change.
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009