Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Conquest dining room

I have 6:15 dinner on the Conquest. Does that time determine our dr? Is this the biggie or the wee one? Any other differences? Are they 2 story? I know I could probably find out some of this in the website, but I like Cruisemate imput;)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Captain

Does that time determine our dr?

Yeah, actually it does. The galley sits between the two dining rooms and serves food to one at 5:45 and the other at 6:15 with the same wait staff. I don't remember which is which though. Then they do the same for late seating. Both dining rooms are 2 story, but Im believe only one has the big windows, can't remember. How did you find your assigned dining time. We never found out till they handed us our sail-n-sign cards with the time, dr, and table nos. on the cards.
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old August 28th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

How did you find your assigned dining time. We never found out till they handed us our sail-n-sign cards with the time, dr, and table nos. on the cards.

If you go online into your documents, under booking summary, it lists dining request....mine stated 6:15

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 28th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Captain

it lists dining request....mine stated 6:15

OK, just be advised that's a request not an assignment. You won't actually find out your diner time, dining room, and table until you rx your sail-n-sign card. Most people want the early seating 5:45 or 6:15. If you get assigned to early and want late, it's never a problem having that changed. If you get late and wanted early, you'll find there's usually a couple hundred others wanting the same thing and it's not possible to accommodate everyone. Hope the early diner fairy blesses your cruise and I'm certain you'll enjoy Conquest.
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to cruzaddict

6:15pm seating is in the forward dining room...or the Renoir on the Conquest. It is the smaller of the two by the looks of the deck diagrams. We had 6:15 on our last cruise and have requested it for this one - requested it at 18 months out so I feel pretty confident, but you never know for sure until you check in.

I have read many times that the first late seating is the most popular time for Caribbean cruises; so that you don't have to rush in from port to get ready for dinner. My mom wanted that time along with 7 of the other cabins in our 11 cabin group. But, 3 cabins wanted 6:15 including me, and my mom gave in in order to eat with us. She says she always does the late seating and could try something different this time in order to be with us. The other 7 cabins kept their request for late seating. I hope we all get what we desire...including you!!

Carnival Ecstasy 4-06, Carnival Conquest 9-07
Mariner OTS 9-08, Carnival Conquest 2-09
Carnival Conquest 9-09, Carnival Fantasy 1-10
Carnival Triumph 5-11, Mariner OTS 11-11
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:07 PM
First Mate

Is there a way to request seating by the windows?
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:09 PM
First Mate

Also, I don't see my seating time on my docs. Where would I find it?

We want late seating, so hopefully it will be no problem to change if we actually are assigned early.
Old August 30th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Admiral

Tracy, go to the Carnival website and look at your cruise. Click on the on-line cruise documents and it is included on the 1st or 2nd page, about 1/2 way down.

We are scheduled for the 8:00 seating.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old August 30th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2gonow
Tracy, go to the Carnival website and look at your cruise. Click on the on-line cruise documents and it is included on the 1st or 2nd page, about 1/2 way down.

didnt you ask for early seating? i thought i remember you did..

So those of us on the 9/9 cruise seem to be all eating at 8pm if we had late.

I dont have my booking number so i cant check, but i did request late, so should get it.
Old August 30th, 2007, 01:06 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2gonow

didnt you ask for early seating? i thought i remember you did..

So those of us on the 9/9 cruise seem to be all eating at 8pm if we had late.

I dont have my booking number so i cant check, but i did request late, so should get it.
I can't find my booking number right now, either, and no docs yet! But we requested early dinner, so we'll see what happens!

Rhapsody of the Seas - long ago, in a galaxy far away!
Ecstasy - Jan. 2007
Conquest - Sept. 2007 cruisemates 4Bs
Ecstasy - Jan. 2008
Old August 30th, 2007, 01:31 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisschool
I can't find my booking number right now, either, and no docs yet! Sad But we requested early dinner, so we'll see what happens!

We are also going on the 4B's Cruise. It seems like almost everyone received their documents last week. I have been on a cruise before where we didn't receive the documents, but I checked with the TA and made sure we were on the ship's manifest. You may have already done that. If not, you might want to check with Nancy, the TA, to see why you haven't received your documents. They could have been sent to an incorrect address, etc. If you completed the Carnival Fun Pass, you should be able to view your documents online.

Sherrie
Ecstasy 12/12/09,Conquest 4/12/09, Conquest 4/19/09,Conquest 2/09, Pride 10/08, Ecstasy 1/08, Miracle 3/08, Miracle 4/08, Miracle 5/06, Conquest 12/08, Conquest 9/07, Conquest 4/07, Conquest 8/03, Destiny 5/05, Adv of Seas 5/05, Elation 12/04, Jubilee 4/03, Sensation 6/00, Celebration 5/93, Celebration 6/92,Holiday 5/92, Tropical 3/90, NCL--Windward, Skyward, Sunward
Old August 30th, 2007, 01:38 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegambler
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisschool
I can't find my booking number right now, either, and no docs yet! Sad But we requested early dinner, so we'll see what happens!

We are also going on the 4B's Cruise. It seems like almost everyone received their documents last week. I have been on a cruise before where we didn't receive the documents, but I checked with the TA and made sure we were on the ship's manifest. You may have already done that. If not, you might want to check with Nancy, the TA, to see why you haven't received your documents. They could have been sent to an incorrect address, etc. If you completed the Carnival Fun Pass, you should be able to view your documents online.

Sherrie
Thanks, Sherrie. I will call Nancy tomorrow. That's actually what I was trying to do, complete the Fun Pass online, and can only find the travel insurance papers.

Rhapsody of the Seas - long ago, in a galaxy far away!
Ecstasy - Jan. 2007
Conquest - Sept. 2007 cruisemates 4Bs
Ecstasy - Jan. 2008
Old August 30th, 2007, 04:48 AM
Captain

Nancys been out of town for 2 weeks but not sure if she goes back to work tomorrow. heads up
Old August 30th, 2007, 09:20 AM
First Mate

No, we requested the late seating. : ) 9 more days!!!!