Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2007, 01:05 AM
Passenger

Default Pool stuff for 4 yo and twin 17 mo olds

This is our first time cruising with our kids, and I'd love to hear your advice on what kind of pool stuff we need to bring (or what will be provided) for both on the ship and at the beach. We will be sailing on the Ecstasy in October, and plan to go to Chankanaab Park in Cozumel. So here are my specific questions:

1. My 4 year old DS hasn't learned how to swim. Do they provide kick boards or any other equipment on board? Do we need to bring floaties or something?

2. For the twins, we have lil' swimmers swim diapers, but I keep hearing conflicting opinions on whether or not to bring a kiddie pool for the deck, or just take them for a quick swim with us in the main pool (or just sit at the water's edge and do some splashing?). Should I bring a baby float (maybe for Chankanaab Park)?

Thanks so much!!!
Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2007, 02:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

Use of the pools :

Due to United States Public Health (USPH) Regulations, we do not allow children in diapers, in swimming diapers or those not toilet-trained in the pools.

Lifeguards are not on duty.

The pools are not designed for diving.

Use of the pools by guests under 13 without adult supervision is prohibited

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Age..._on_Board.aspx
Old September 1st, 2007, 07:53 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to MrPete

We never used the pools until DD was able to swim. And even then, I caught a kid holding her under water while I was right there in the pool with her.

And it is clear no one is allowed in ANY pool if they are not potty trained. Even if they have swiimies on.
Past Cruises: Explorer of the Seas 2008 Explorer of the Seas 2007 Carnival Victory 2007 Explorer of the Seas 2006 Legend 2005 Miracle 2004 Disney Wonder 2004; Pride 2003 Legend 2002 Disney Wonder 2002 Destiny 2001 Victory 2000 Triumph 1999 Jubilee 1998 Imagination 1997 Imagination 1996 Fascination 1995 Ecstasy 1993 Fantasy 1990 Jubilee 1990 NCL Seaward 1989 Jubilee 1988
Old September 1st, 2007, 08:12 PM
Passenger

My five year old had the best time pressing the shower button for the people as they needed it. There were two of them- one on either side of the pool. He did that for almost two hours. Everyone was kind and patient with him. I couldn't get him away from it.

The pool is a bit deep for the little ones. The kids would probably have to be held by you. Then again there's the diaper rule. Wish they had a kiddie pool.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 07:57 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to MrPete

There is a kiddie pool on the Ecstasy, if fact, all of them, but you still have to be potty trained, and still no swim diapers.
Old September 2nd, 2007, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Absolutely no swim diapers allowed. If your children are not potty trained, they are not allowed in any pool. (so bring your little blow up pool)
Have a great cruise!

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old September 2nd, 2007, 11:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I agree with the rest. I will tell you that the blow up pool is good for several reasons. The rooms, except the suite have only a shower. Us the pool in the bottom of the shower to bath the babies. Lots of kids are not use to a shower, and tend to freak out, so this will make it fun for them. No worries about splashing, because most of us adults tend to flood the bathroom, so they have a drain.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link