CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   HELP!! Box or No Box?? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/339127-help-box-no-box.html)

ferrangi September 2nd, 2007 11:58 AM

HELP!! Box or No Box??

Hello, I only one day from my cruise...

For those of you who bring beer or soda on board...

Do you leave it in the box or take the cans out and put them in your suitcase individually?

I want to bring a 12-pack and I'm not sure how to pack it... :wink: :wink:

FlowerMom September 2nd, 2007 12:13 PM

We left our sodas in the box and carried it onboard. My son looped the handles of the plastic grocery bag over his wheeled carryon.
Our first cruise we packed it in the suitcase inside an XXL ziploc bag. One can burst, but the bag contained it. After that experience, I would not pack anything breakable in checked luggage.
If you try to take beer in a carryon, it will be taken and thrown away. We saw piles of beer cans next to the first security entrance.

SACRUISER September 2nd, 2007 12:15 PM

I printed out a luggage tag and taped it to a 12 pack of soda I brought. I gave it to the porter and it showed up in my room with my luggage.

flowers September 2nd, 2007 01:13 PM

We put the 12 pack we brought once in the checked luggage. The next time we brought fewer so just brought them loose. The 12 pack fit nicely in the checked suitcase, but because of the weight had to put all clothes to fill up that suitcase and put the things that weighed more in the carry on.

ferrangi September 2nd, 2007 08:08 PM

Thanks everyone, all packed and ready to go... see ya in about a week.
8) 8) 8) 8)

Fraumort September 2nd, 2007 08:15 PM

Tell you what.... keep out the 12 pack! pack me instead and I will buy you all the beer and soda you want!!

Have a great cruise!! :D :D :D :D

chascougs September 2nd, 2007 08:37 PM

We've always packed soda in either a carry on bag or one time actually put it in a soft sided cooler and I carried it on by the shoulder strap. When the steward came to service the cabin, he would refill the cooler with ice so I always had a cold diet coke waiting for me.

Nothin but blue skies September 2nd, 2007 11:47 PM

We have only carried on soda once since there is usually just the two of us. We used a soft-side cooler on wheels to carry it on (no ice) and put it on our balcony. I looped the handle of my tote-bag over the handle of the cooler and just rolled it all onto the ship. I kept a few cans at a time iced down on the balcony, but decided it was really too much trouble to do it again. If I were traveling with children, I would probably do this, but not just for the two of us.

We don't have any problem drinking the ship's water. I usually add lemon or a crystal light pack for a change of pace.