Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2007, 01:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Spirit Class Cabin 4241 AFT Balcony Cabin Review (Pictures)

The pictures and description of this cabin was on the Carnival Pride but its pretty much the same cabin on all Spirit class ships.

This is the first time we booked an Aft Balcony cabin, Cat 8C and its also the first time we had a 3rd person with us in a cabin. This cabin is a standard sized balcony cabin but with a very small balcony deck. This is one is located behind the flag pole on deck 4.

The sofa is converted into a bed for our Sister in-law. She slept well on it every night. There was still a lot of space under the bed for all of our luggage, we took 4 luggage pieces with us.

The Aft Cabins tend to stay warm. I was told this by another person that had one and its true. I would say average room temp 76 to 78 degrees. No need for covers at night.

There is an over hang above of the balcony but there is still a lot of sun light that comes in for suntaning, also there is no wind in this balcony since its directly behind the ship.

This cabin has a full fridge with Sodas, Water, Beer and Liquors. This cabin also has a Blow Dryer and a Safe that you can swipe a credit card or any card with a magnetic strip to open and close it.

A remote controlled T.V. but no VCR or DVD players.

We had 2 full size beds that were pushed together, you couldn't feel the line or separation in the middle of the bed. It also had the New Carnival Bedding system, Shaylas sofa bed had the sheets and pillows but not the new comforter.

The bathroom was normal size for this type of cabin and the with the same amounts of cabinets to put our stuff away in. There are 3 closets which I just had Wendy and Shayla use to hang their dresses and stow their 20 or so sets of shoes. I just lived out of my Suit Case, when I needed something I would just pull it from under the bed.

In all, not a bad cabin for 3 people. It didn't seem cramp and we had enough room to walk around each other. I moved the coffee table next to the balcony door to make more room, that helped a lot. There were no weird odors from this cabin and it was maintained very well and kept cleaned every day.

Since its an Aft Cabin, as you will see from the pictures below, you will see the white foamy water as the props pushes the ship through the water, from deck 4 you can hear a loud but soothing sound like a waterfall crashing against the rocks. You can sit out there and just fall asleep from that sound. But when you close the balcony door you can not hear a thing from inside, these doors are sealed pretty tight.

If we have a 3rd person with us again, I will try to book a Cat.9a just to have a little more space.

One plus about this specific cabin, there is a laundry room right across from it with an iron and board, one washer and 2 dryers.

Sponsored Links