Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 5th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Passenger

Are hashers swingers? I thought hashers were those people that run and drink beer based on that old English chase the rabbit game?

Any who Ihp would you mind PMing me as well? I'm with IB, I like to be prepared and know that on an upcoming cruise we have 3 groups that will be sailing with us but I think I can handle them!
d
Old September 5th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDivaMom
Are hashers swingers? I thought hashers were those people that run and drink beer based on that old English chase the rabbit game?

Any who Ihp would you mind PMing me as well? I'm with IB, I like to be prepared and know that on an upcoming cruise we have 3 groups that will be sailing with us but I think I can handle them!
d
Generally, no. In the past, (as best as I understand it...I am not a member) it is just a running club that are big partiers and do outlandish things.

However, each "charter" is independent and (just my personal opinion) some "charters" are "doing their own thing" and pushing the "outlandish" envelope as the years go by.

There is one "hasher" group from Alabama that caused some problems. The only reason I know is because a friend of mine was on staff on their cruise. And there was inappropriate sexual behavior around children.

This was a couple of years ago. The only reason the name stands out in my mind is because (at the time, when he was telling me this) I did not know what a hasher was.

We certainly should not label hashers "swingers". But unfortunately the actions of a few can taint the general name. Just like the 5% of kids who are brats on a cruise, can taint the image of the rest of the children onboard.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old September 5th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Passenger

I would also like a pm, Ihp. I normally don't mind being around other groups as long as they are considerate. I do my best to be polite to all kinds of people, however, I don't like being disrespected (couldn't think of a better word) for no good reason or for someone else's pleasure :evil: . If I can save myself a headache.....then why not! I spend my money to go relax and have fun just like anyone else

Happy Cruising!
Old September 5th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhp
Quote:
I would think that when these large organizations (CM, VTG, SC, etc.) book a cruiseship, they have some idea or way of knowing whether or not the ship will have another large group onboard.

Regardless of the nature of the group, it is when a group's member believe that they do not have to be mindful and considerate of other passengers that the problems arising. It is more unbearable when the group is of significant number.

I appreciate both lists of future cruises. I am quite liberal but there are certain things I want to leave this Earth without witnessing. I too have heard horror stories. There is one group whose name has not resurfaced since a cruise from heck approximately a little over a year ago. I don't know if I should name this group but they are named after a forest animal and the stories that came out were not to be imagined, less come believed.
This "forest animal" group will be on a Princess cruise in October.
Wow!!! If it is who I think it is, all I can say is wow!!!!!! How do you obtain a list of Princess cruises and their groups?

You know as passengers get wiser on ways to find out which group/which cruise, the cruiselines will have to address this issue. Otherwise, they will be faced with half empty ships or forced to slash prices to ridiculous rates just to try to fill the ship. Then these large and disturbing groups will not be so attractive.

It is not rocket science which groups (not interests, but specific groups) are the problem groups. Anything over 750-1000 members should be placed with other large groups and given a ship of their own. Any individual cruisers who previously book this ship, should be given the opportunity (warning??) to change their ship/week.

There has got to be somewhere a running list of the large groups that do not mix well with the general population. How can Carnival not know when I know about a number of large organizations that will turn a cruise into a nightmare for the average passenger. Come on. Carnival cannot claim to be ignorant to what is going on and how their passengers feel about being put on a ship with so many ___________.
It is the Forest group you are thinking of. I was booked on this cruise with my DH and kids. I was looking for the ships that were in port the same times as the cb and found out by accident.
Old September 5th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Admiral

Just a heads up.

On the Carnival list for January 12, 2008 on the Glory...there is an LDS Single cruise listed.

Call me naive..... to me LDS means Mormons. So I thought it was a Mormon's Single's cruise.

Wrong. It is a Swingers Cruise.

Here is their website: (ok to open..no pictures)

http://www.swinglifestyle.com/swinge...?eventid=21720

Personally, I think there is a huge difference between a "Singles" cruise and a "Swingers" cruise. I think it should be labeled properly!

OK Fred....what did I do wrong. This link thing STILL did not work!!
I highlighted and clicked URL and nothing... I am so computer challenged!

20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
Old September 6th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Interesting . . . .

I went to a travel website to check on the pricing for the Princess cruise that will be visited by the Forest Animals on October 21, 2007. Interesting enough, the cruise is no longer available.

Don't know if that is because it is sold out or just not available to the open (and unsuspecting public).

Also looked into that Swinger's website. I have added them to my list of no-no fellow cruisers because their activities are a bit over the top. They are claiming to have an all day topless deck available to them throughout the cruise. I don't understand how these cruiselines can make these promises to these groups knowing full well that it will negatively impact the enjoyment of the other passengers. I can understand closing a bar or lounge for a few hours in the early evening but to shut off an entire popular venue for the sake of a faction of their passenger load.

I just don't get it.

Hey LHP, my list is growing steadily.

I hope we keep this thread alive for a bit. I will also look at the other cruiselines to see if there is anything like this mentioned.

Forewarned is forearmed.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old September 6th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Interesting . . . .

I went to a travel website to check on the pricing for the Princess cruise that will be visited by the Forest Animals on October 21, 2007. Interesting enough, the cruise is no longer available.

Don't know if that is because it is sold out or just not available to the open (and unsuspecting public).

Also looked into that Swinger's website. I have added them to my list of no-no fellow cruisers because their activities are a bit over the top. They are claiming to have an all day topless deck available to them throughout the cruise. I don't understand how these cruiselines can make these promises to these groups knowing full well that it will negatively impact the enjoyment of the other passengers. I can understand closing a bar or lounge for a few hours in the early evening but to shut off an entire popular venue for the sake of a faction of their passenger load.

I just don't get it.

Hey LHP, my list is growing steadily.

I hope we keep this thread alive for a bit. I will also look at the other cruiselines to see if there is anything like this mentioned.

Forewarned is forearmed.
I sent you a PM.

(I always tell people when I send them a message, but I never check mine. I forget this site has the silly thing!)

Old September 6th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I must admit I thought a hasher was a pot smoker:):) Guess that dates me. I kept one eye open as I opened this site, and read along with "the rules."

If they do what they say, and the group did look small from last cruise's pictures, MAYBE, there would be no problem. BUT, if I had a cabin in their area, I would be mighty upset, from the loud partying, it seems that goes on.

And I do agree, that "LARGE" groups, would change the way I would enjoy my cruise.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 6th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
I must admit I thought a hasher was a pot smoker Guess that dates me.
That is tooo funny. But come to think of it...that is what should have come to mind. I guess I am to old to even "remember" that this is what it should have meant!!