CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Comfort Bedding (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/339353-carnival-comfort-bedding.html)

Toribear5 September 5th, 2007 10:56 PM

Carnival Comfort Bedding

Has anyone purchased the Carnival Comfort Bedding? I LOVED the duvet and want it badly. Every other one I've had is so heavy that I only use it a handful of times a year...and I live in CHICAGO!

Thanks!

Floridanamaw September 5th, 2007 11:36 PM

I haven't bought anything, but I want their mattress sets. They are the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. No back problems the whole cruise.

Inis46 September 6th, 2007 01:16 AM

I want some pillows! They were a little on the small size but there were 4 of them on my bed. No problems at all with them "smooshing" down into a postage stamp size.

RobRen September 7th, 2007 12:12 AM

I want the pillows and the duvet. They were so comfortable!

cutiecat September 7th, 2007 12:23 AM

I would love to have their bedding and bed set, but it's so expensive...

On the other hand, there's no place I sleep better than in Carnival's uber-awesome mattress/sheets... :D

Trip September 7th, 2007 07:40 AM

Well, now I am excited about sleeping on the Conquest!! Do you think anyone will notice if I drag a duvet off the ship, or slip 4 pillows in my carryon? I will report back, hopefully not from jail!

lhp September 7th, 2007 09:53 AM

We bought the sheets, duvet and duvet cover about a year ago and LOVE THEM.

We did not purchase the pillows, because I am very sensitive to the kind of pillow I use and I have MUST pick it out in person.

Just a word of warning...when you get the sheets in...they feel a little stiff.
It takes about 5 washings to "soften them up" the way you are used to them being on the cruise ship.

It only comes in white.

I know it is just cotton and I know there is no "magic" there...but there is just someting about this bed set...that makes you want to go on a cruise!

WuWei September 7th, 2007 07:39 PM

I already have 1000 count sheets and pillowcases for my house- and a down-top matteress, so sleeping on the "Carnival Comfort Bedding" was not a big deal (as even the sailboat has no less than 600-count sheets!) Sheet snob? YES I am. I swear the crappy sheets on the Inspiration were less than 200 count. Good bedding at home is definitely worth the $...You can go to Overstock.com or even your local Sams Club and buy bedding for a fraction of the cost of the Carnival Comfort bedding. If you scrimp on anything, NEVER scrimp on bedding, as this is the one area you must never scrimp in your life! Sure, the mattress was "okay" along with the duvet and pillows- if you think they were "great", it is time to reassess your bedding....

Chris :)

NancyB September 9th, 2007 08:59 AM

Since you are cruizing with Carnival, you should get the "Currents" Magazine. This months issue has the Carnival Comfort Collection listed for sale. Here is the number 1-800-922-1580. I am 323 days away from my next "GREAT" nights sleep. I have not called about the price, but I agree, don't skimp on linens.

Toribear5 September 9th, 2007 08:38 PM

Hmmm, I haven't gotten a magazine yet. but that could be b/c I just cruised for the first time in August.

I just loved the duvet....I feel like I can use it year-round. Has anyone found anything similar to it at a store? I may just bite the bullet and buy the duvet.

HIPPIE KILLER September 9th, 2007 10:28 PM

8) hey chris,and all others,me and my wife are getting ready to purchase a new king size bed,are old one is a quenn,we are leaning towards carnival,what bed do you reccomend?Ididnt know the sheets make such a big diferance,I bought a set the other day 300 count,but after hearing you guys??i might upgrade,thanks greg

KarinM September 10th, 2007 09:06 AM

I agree - bedding and TP are two things not to go cheap on! I also think the movement of the ship helps ensure a good nights sleep...not to mention wonderful afternoon naps LOL

Matlily September 10th, 2007 02:01 PM

I always go for 400 and above thread count and I have ones that are up to a 1000 which are very nice :D As I normally spend 7 -8 hours a day sleeping it might as well be in soft soft sheets and duvet covers, its the best.

UConn1 September 10th, 2007 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WuWei
I already have 1000 count sheets and pillowcases for my house- and a down-top matteress, so sleeping on the "Carnival Comfort Bedding" was not a big deal (as even the sailboat has no less than 600-count sheets!) Sheet snob? YES I am. I swear the crappy sheets on the Inspiration were less than 200 count. Good bedding at home is definitely worth the $...You can go to Overstock.com or even your local Sams Club and buy bedding for a fraction of the cost of the Carnival Comfort bedding. If you scrimp on anything, NEVER scrimp on bedding, as this is the one area you must never scrimp in your life! Sure, the mattress was "okay" along with the duvet and pillows- if you think they were "great", it is time to reassess your bedding....

I, too, am a sheet and bedding snob. I have a feather bed, 800-1000 count sheets and a down comforter. For as rarely as I have to change my bedding, shelling out the extra money is reasonable. I love the CCL comforter, but the sheets and pillows I will purchase elsewhere.

My bed is my little piece of heaven in my home, and I will pay whatever it takes to make it inviting.

Jodi

RobRen September 10th, 2007 07:25 PM

I'm more into the pillows. Finding good pillows is a hard thing to do at any price. I've been using the Select Comfort pillows but I think that the Carnival ones are more comfortable. Problem is, we had two different types of pillows on our cruise, one softer then the other. We liked the combo but can't figure out how to order them. On the Carnival site I only saw King and Queen pillows. Is that what we had on the cruise?

Wennfred September 10th, 2007 10:40 PM

Re: Carnival Comfort Bedding

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toribear5
Has anyone purchased the Carnival Comfort Bedding? I LOVED the duvet and want it badly. Every other one I've had is so heavy that I only use it a handful of times a year...and I live in CHICAGO!

Thanks!

I got the Stateroom set, totally love it, best way to go to bed now.

Fred

mosiegirl September 11th, 2007 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inis46
I want some pillows! They were a little on the small size but there were 4 of them on my bed. No problems at all with them "smooshing" down into a postage stamp size.

Are we able to request extra pillows from the stewards? I always want as many pillows on my bed as I can have, within reason.. ;)

UConn1 September 11th, 2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosiegirl
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inis46

Are we able to request extra pillows from the stewards? I always want as many pillows on my bed as I can have, within reason.. ;)

I always request more pillows...no problem. They are always there at turndown that evening.

Jodi

WuWei September 12th, 2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIPPIE KILLER
8) hey chris,and all others,me and my wife are getting ready to purchase a new king size bed,are old one is a quenn,we are leaning towards carnival,what bed do you reccomend?Ididnt know the sheets make such a big diferance,I bought a set the other day 300 count,but after hearing you guys??i might upgrade,thanks greg

Greg! Upgrade that bedding right away! Actually, I have a Simmons Beautyrest with the down-pillow top. It's a firmer support (I like a firm bed), but the pillow top is soft enough for the hubby (he would prefer his bed to be made of soft marshmallows!) After his last trip to Germany, he insisted WE needed to go out and buy the $10,000 matress his hotel had. I told him that was too excessive.... My best advice to try out what would best fit you guys, mattress-wise. I believe in going to a furniture store and laying on them. Some people swear by the Memory Foam ones, and some even LOVE their Craftmatic adjustable beds (they are in their early 30s, too...) Always go with a quality brand (they're better and last longer) and look for them on sale! Best of luck in your bedroom upgrades- nothing is better than getting into your own bed and finding a little piece of heaven! (Unless there was Chocolate Melting cake on the nightstand...)

mehawk September 13th, 2007 02:36 AM

I have a queen bed that is a post type with a canopy. It is 30" from the floor to the top of the mattress. The mattress is a Beautyrest with a pillow top on it. I also have a down mattress pad on top of it. Then, the sheets are 1000 thread count and the pillows are Beautyrest also.

Comfortable???? Ooooo yeesssssss :!: :!: :wink:

My ex always wanted to sleep in it and has even offered to buy it from me. My sqeeze also enjoys it. It is soooooooo comfy! :D

It took me 14 months to find what I wanted and it was expensive but, it is worth it!

WuWei September 13th, 2007 06:37 PM

Michael,

What are you and your lady-friend doing sleeping in my bed?! He he he.... Mine is also the queen-size... You have impeccable taste. The bad thing about the bed is that I find it difficult to leave it when I have to go to work in the morning.

I am going on a business trip tomorrow, and will be staying in Embassy Suites. They, too, have switched to the "comfort beds & bedding", but I still don't understand the sheets. Everyone is upgrading the bedding, but they still use subpar sheets! I always write that on the comment card- it's my only complaint. But, it does make coming home and sleeping in my own bed even better!

hotmama115 September 13th, 2007 08:06 PM

do all the rooms have the duvet covers? white ones? cuz some of the pictures show that hotel room looking bedspread that is always like sandpaper...hmph

HIPPIE KILLER September 13th, 2007 08:29 PM

LOL WE JUST ORDERED ARE KING SIZE CARNIVAL COMFORT BE AND BOX SPRING AND TWO OF THE FEATHER SUITE PILLOWS,WITH DELIVERY,AROUND 1700,WE MAY ORDER SOME OF THOSE REGULAR PILLOWS ALSO THE STATROOM ONES,THE COMFORTER MY MOM GOT IT FOR ME,OUT OF A SERRIA TRADING POST CAT.BUT THE SHEETS ARE ONLY 300 COUNT,IM GONNA TRY SOME OF THOSE FANCIER SHEETS,HIGHER COUNT,NEXT TIME,GREG[/img]

Konrad July 13th, 2009 03:32 PM

Re:

Manufactured in Europe, the Carnival Comfort Bed features an eight-inch spring mattress designed exclusively for Carnival Cruise Lines. Completing the custom sleep system is a duvet made from 100 percent hypoallergenic down and sheets made of a high-quality cotton blend. The duvet covers and pillowcases are of an ultra-fine, ring-spun, satin-striped cotton blend, creating a luxurious and comfortable sleep environment. The material is also highly durable for long-lasting use and attractiveness.

Kunal February 8th, 2013 01:49 AM

I also heard that Carnival comfort mattresses and after reading such a good reviews of users , i also want to buy one.