Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 5th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Comfort Bedding

Has anyone purchased the Carnival Comfort Bedding? I LOVED the duvet and want it badly. Every other one I've had is so heavy that I only use it a handful of times a year...and I live in CHICAGO!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Admiral

I haven't bought anything, but I want their mattress sets. They are the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. No back problems the whole cruise.

Carnival legend November 2009
Carnival Glory October 2007
Carnival Elation November 2006
Old September 6th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Yeoman

I want some pillows! They were a little on the small size but there were 4 of them on my bed. No problems at all with them "smooshing" down into a postage stamp size.
Old September 7th, 2007, 12:12 AM
First Mate

I want the pillows and the duvet. They were so comfortable!

Carnival - Spirit: Alaska (August 8, 2007)
Carnival - Miracle: Exotic Western Caribbean (April 9, 2006)
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean (January 2005)
Old September 7th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

I would love to have their bedding and bed set, but it's so expensive...

On the other hand, there's no place I sleep better than in Carnival's uber-awesome mattress/sheets...
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old September 7th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Well, now I am excited about sleeping on the Conquest!! Do you think anyone will notice if I drag a duvet off the ship, or slip 4 pillows in my carryon? I will report back, hopefully not from jail!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 7th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Admiral

We bought the sheets, duvet and duvet cover about a year ago and LOVE THEM.

We did not purchase the pillows, because I am very sensitive to the kind of pillow I use and I have MUST pick it out in person.

Just a word of warning...when you get the sheets in...they feel a little stiff.
It takes about 5 washings to "soften them up" the way you are used to them being on the cruise ship.

It only comes in white.

I know it is just cotton and I know there is no "magic" there...but there is just someting about this bed set...that makes you want to go on a cruise!

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old September 7th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Beginner

I already have 1000 count sheets and pillowcases for my house- and a down-top matteress, so sleeping on the "Carnival Comfort Bedding" was not a big deal (as even the sailboat has no less than 600-count sheets!) Sheet snob? YES I am. I swear the crappy sheets on the Inspiration were less than 200 count. Good bedding at home is definitely worth the $...You can go to Overstock.com or even your local Sams Club and buy bedding for a fraction of the cost of the Carnival Comfort bedding. If you scrimp on anything, NEVER scrimp on bedding, as this is the one area you must never scrimp in your life! Sure, the mattress was "okay" along with the duvet and pillows- if you think they were "great", it is time to reassess your bedding....

Chris
Old September 9th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Familiar Face

Since you are cruizing with Carnival, you should get the "Currents" Magazine. This months issue has the Carnival Comfort Collection listed for sale. Here is the number 1-800-922-1580. I am 323 days away from my next "GREAT" nights sleep. I have not called about the price, but I agree, don't skimp on linens.

Elation 2003
Celebration 2004
Conquest 2005
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2008
Conquest 2009
Conquest 2010
Magic 2012
Magic 2013
Old September 9th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Passenger

Hmmm, I haven't gotten a magazine yet. but that could be b/c I just cruised for the first time in August.

I just loved the duvet....I feel like I can use it year-round. Has anyone found anything similar to it at a store? I may just bite the bullet and buy the duvet.
Old September 9th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

8) hey chris,and all others,me and my wife are getting ready to purchase a new king size bed,are old one is a quenn,we are leaning towards carnival,what bed do you reccomend?Ididnt know the sheets make such a big diferance,I bought a set the other day 300 count,but after hearing you guys??i might upgrade,thanks greg
Old September 10th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Passenger

I agree - bedding and TP are two things not to go cheap on! I also think the movement of the ship helps ensure a good nights sleep...not to mention wonderful afternoon naps
Old September 10th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Passenger

I always go for 400 and above thread count and I have ones that are up to a 1000 which are very nice As I normally spend 7 -8 hours a day sleeping it might as well be in soft soft sheets and duvet covers, its the best.
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei
I already have 1000 count sheets and pillowcases for my house- and a down-top matteress, so sleeping on the "Carnival Comfort Bedding" was not a big deal (as even the sailboat has no less than 600-count sheets!) Sheet snob? YES I am. I swear the crappy sheets on the Inspiration were less than 200 count. Good bedding at home is definitely worth the $...You can go to Overstock.com or even your local Sams Club and buy bedding for a fraction of the cost of the Carnival Comfort bedding. If you scrimp on anything, NEVER scrimp on bedding, as this is the one area you must never scrimp in your life! Sure, the mattress was "okay" along with the duvet and pillows- if you think they were "great", it is time to reassess your bedding....

Chris
I, too, am a sheet and bedding snob. I have a feather bed, 800-1000 count sheets and a down comforter. For as rarely as I have to change my bedding, shelling out the extra money is reasonable. I love the CCL comforter, but the sheets and pillows I will purchase elsewhere.

My bed is my little piece of heaven in my home, and I will pay whatever it takes to make it inviting.

Jodi
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:25 PM
First Mate

I'm more into the pillows. Finding good pillows is a hard thing to do at any price. I've been using the Select Comfort pillows but I think that the Carnival ones are more comfortable. Problem is, we had two different types of pillows on our cruise, one softer then the other. We liked the combo but can't figure out how to order them. On the Carnival site I only saw King and Queen pillows. Is that what we had on the cruise?

Carnival - Spirit: Alaska (August 8, 2007)
Carnival - Miracle: Exotic Western Caribbean (April 9, 2006)
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean (January 2005)
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Carnival Comfort Bedding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toribear5
Has anyone purchased the Carnival Comfort Bedding? I LOVED the duvet and want it badly. Every other one I've had is so heavy that I only use it a handful of times a year...and I live in CHICAGO!

Thanks!
I got the Stateroom set, totally love it, best way to go to bed now.

Fred
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inis46
I want some pillows! They were a little on the small size but there were 4 of them on my bed. No problems at all with them "smooshing" down into a postage stamp size.
Are we able to request extra pillows from the stewards? I always want as many pillows on my bed as I can have, within reason..
Old September 11th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosiegirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inis46
Are we able to request extra pillows from the stewards? I always want as many pillows on my bed as I can have, within reason..
I always request more pillows...no problem. They are always there at turndown that evening.

Jodi
Old September 12th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPPIE KILLER
8) hey chris,and all others,me and my wife are getting ready to purchase a new king size bed,are old one is a quenn,we are leaning towards carnival,what bed do you reccomend?Ididnt know the sheets make such a big diferance,I bought a set the other day 300 count,but after hearing you guys??i might upgrade,thanks greg
Greg! Upgrade that bedding right away! Actually, I have a Simmons Beautyrest with the down-pillow top. It's a firmer support (I like a firm bed), but the pillow top is soft enough for the hubby (he would prefer his bed to be made of soft marshmallows!) After his last trip to Germany, he insisted WE needed to go out and buy the $10,000 matress his hotel had. I told him that was too excessive.... My best advice to try out what would best fit you guys, mattress-wise. I believe in going to a furniture store and laying on them. Some people swear by the Memory Foam ones, and some even LOVE their Craftmatic adjustable beds (they are in their early 30s, too...) Always go with a quality brand (they're better and last longer) and look for them on sale! Best of luck in your bedroom upgrades- nothing is better than getting into your own bed and finding a little piece of heaven! (Unless there was Chocolate Melting cake on the nightstand...)

Chris
Old September 13th, 2007, 02:36 AM
Admiral

I have a queen bed that is a post type with a canopy. It is 30" from the floor to the top of the mattress. The mattress is a Beautyrest with a pillow top on it. I also have a down mattress pad on top of it. Then, the sheets are 1000 thread count and the pillows are Beautyrest also.

Comfortable???? Ooooo yeesssssss

My ex always wanted to sleep in it and has even offered to buy it from me. My sqeeze also enjoys it. It is soooooooo comfy!

It took me 14 months to find what I wanted and it was expensive but, it is worth it!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old September 13th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Beginner

Michael,

What are you and your lady-friend doing sleeping in my bed?! He he he.... Mine is also the queen-size... You have impeccable taste. The bad thing about the bed is that I find it difficult to leave it when I have to go to work in the morning.

I am going on a business trip tomorrow, and will be staying in Embassy Suites. They, too, have switched to the "comfort beds & bedding", but I still don't understand the sheets. Everyone is upgrading the bedding, but they still use subpar sheets! I always write that on the comment card- it's my only complaint. But, it does make coming home and sleeping in my own bed even better!

Chris
Old September 13th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to hotmama115

do all the rooms have the duvet covers? white ones? cuz some of the pictures show that hotel room looking bedspread that is always like sandpaper...hmph

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 13th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

WE JUST ORDERED ARE KING SIZE CARNIVAL COMFORT BE AND BOX SPRING AND TWO OF THE FEATHER SUITE PILLOWS,WITH DELIVERY,AROUND 1700,WE MAY ORDER SOME OF THOSE REGULAR PILLOWS ALSO THE STATROOM ONES,THE COMFORTER MY MOM GOT IT FOR ME,OUT OF A SERRIA TRADING POST CAT.BUT THE SHEETS ARE ONLY 300 COUNT,IM GONNA TRY SOME OF THOSE FANCIER SHEETS,HIGHER COUNT,NEXT TIME,GREG[/img]
Old July 13th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Beginner

Default Re:

Manufactured in Europe, the Carnival Comfort Bed features an eight-inch spring mattress designed exclusively for Carnival Cruise Lines. Completing the custom sleep system is a duvet made from 100 percent hypoallergenic down and sheets made of a high-quality cotton blend. The duvet covers and pillowcases are of an ultra-fine, ring-spun, satin-striped cotton blend, creating a luxurious and comfortable sleep environment. The material is also highly durable for long-lasting use and attractiveness.
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Familiar Face

Smile

I also heard that Carnival comfort mattresses and after reading such a good reviews of users , i also want to buy one.