Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 5th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Beginner

Default First time cruiser with a few Questions

My DH , our 3 children and I have booked a cruise for Dec 17/2007 on the Inspriration.

My children are 11,13,16 my first question is... When we booked we we told that we could have to rooms right next to each other with the children in the one room. Does anyone know if this is alright or will we have problems when boarding?

Also

All my children are in diffrent age groups for CC. Does anyone know if all CC do around the same activities.

Thank
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Admiral

That should be fine

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 6th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Captain

I have booked a cruise for Dec 17/2007 on the Inspriration.

Somebody did their homework, you couldn't have picked a better first cruise! Make sure to be on deck when the ship sails away under the Sunshine Skyway bridge. And, go out the back door on either side of the lido buffet to find a great little secluded patio for your morning coffee of evening sunsets. This was our first cruise when Sensation had the route, it just DON'T get no better!!!
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old September 6th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Beginner

Thanks for the information

I did quite a bit of researching before we booked. But there is always some new question you need to ask.

Can't wait to Cruise the kids wish it was like yesterday!!!
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Captain

did quite a bit of researching before we booked.

Yah done GOOD! Don't know what you have planned in these ports, but Stingray City is popular in GC or you could just go to Seven Mile Beach and hang out. Same in Coz, Paradise Beach is nice or Chankanaab Park. No need for expensive excursions. MAKE SURE you sample the Tortuga Rumcakes in GC. Every shop has free samples out front. Well at least they used to, might have changed since somebody (in my shirt) made a pig outta himself.
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Beginner

have you ever went to Hell city when you were in the Caymans. My oldest one has mentioned that is where he wants to check out. I hope he is Joking? if so is it worth the time and money? The Rum cake was on the top of my list and my DH and my DS's have Stingray City on there list shopping is on the top of my list and my daughters.
Old September 6th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Passenger

As far as Camp Carnival/Club O2 the kids will all be in different groups. They space the age ranges out. We sailed in June with a 13, 14 & 17 year old and the younger boys were not allowed in Club O2 but felt too old for the oldest camp carnival. They still found plenty to do.

Put a limit for the game room on their sail and signs if they are gamers. Ours also packed their x-box and hooked it up in their cabin.

As far as your cabins........you may have to go to the pursers desk and switch around some sail and sign cards. We always do because they usually book one adult in each room. We have never had an issue with getting it exchanged.

In Grand Cayman: Hell is just a little outcropping of rocks with some shops, takes about 15 minutes to see, shop and mail postcards! I would not pay for an excursion, however if you want to explore, rent a car. Drive on the left hand side of the road, go see Hell, Rum Point, 7 mile beach and the turtle farm. GC is one of the safest islands. Stingray city might be a terrific ship based excursion with your age group of children.

Above all, relax and have fun!

Two way radios are a great way of keeping in touch with your younger two kidlets on the ship. We also use a dry erase board on our door so our heathens know where we are going to be on the ship.
Old September 6th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Beginner

Thanks for the great information.

My boys are what i would call x-box junkies. We argue all the time about hte time they sp0end on the xbox. What woiuld be a good limit to set on video games. I wouldn't of thought that they would be game junkiws on the cruise with so much more to do. But I will bring their xbox with us.

DO you know can I set it up that my 11 year old is not allowed to sigh herself out of CC. I'm not sure if I feel comfortable with her roaming around the ship on her own.

The Dry erase board and 3 way radio are 2 thing I would never of thought to bring.

I book the cruise through carnival with one of their vacation planners and she put the 3 kids names in one room and my husband anc myself in the other room. But i was reading up on somethings and it states that minor under 21 have to have and adult in the room with them. And when i call her on this matter she said it was ok because we were right beside each other. or you can even be across the hall . I hope she was right.

Thanks again

I'm glad I joined Cruisemates it is been really helpful so far.
Old September 6th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Captain

have you ever went to Hell

NO, but I'm an Irish ex-Marine sooooo, it won't be long now!

Just remembered, Inspiration is in dry dock now isn't it? You'll be one of the first to cruise the Fantasy-class ship with the new pool area retrofit. Don't worry bout the cabin assignments. Carnival has that rule for obvious reasons, but since they assigned the cabins, that's what you'll get. Here's some sample dining room menus that might interest you, it's the same on all Carnival ships. We usually take breakfast and lunch in the lido buffet, but NEVER miss dinner in the dining room. And make the kids try the goat's milk cheese pizza (da chevre) out-of-this-world.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Sam...ing_Room).aspx

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Sam...ning_Room.aspx

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Sam...ay_Cruise.aspx
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old September 6th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Honeybear

[quote="ClevelandRocks"]I have booked a cruise for Dec 17/2007 on the Inspriration. quote]

The INSPIRATION is in dry dock this month getting a big make-over. We are going on her Oct 13, I'll post lots of pics and tell all of the new stuff when I get back. This is goibg to be just like a new ship!
You chose right! We can hardly wait!
the SENSATION

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
Old September 6th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Admiral

Default Re: First time cruiser with a few Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom_44_07
My DH , our 3 children and I have booked a cruise for Dec 17/2007 on the Inspriration.

My children are 11,13,16 my first question is... When we booked we we told that we could have to rooms right next to each other with the children in the one room. Does anyone know if this is alright or will we have problems when boarding?

Also

All my children are in diffrent age groups for CC. Does anyone know if all CC do around the same activities.

Thank
Your cabin numbers should be on your booking number. So you should already know where you cabins are.

One adult will be listed in each cabin (for liability reasons) just swap keys after boarding and go to the Purser's desk to get one additional key for the children's cabin. no problem

If you will go on Webshots and search "Capers" or "Camp Carnival Capers" you should get a picture of some of the Capers. They don't change a lot.

My 16 year old loves Clob 02 and both my boys have loved Camp Carnival as they have grown up through the different age groups.

You will have a wonderful time. Just remind the kids that safety on board the ship is key. The 11 and 13 year old should never be alone at night, if they are not with Camp Carnival.

All staff get screened, but sadly there are to many child molestors out there with cruise pictures on their computers from past cruises they have been on. (with picture of them and kids...buying kids drinks etc) You never know who your neighbor is...so use common sense. Even though it is a ship..it is still a small town with the number of people on board...so be aware.

Give the kids "the safety talk". 99.9% of the time there is no problem...we just won't want that .1% to be a problem with y'all!

Have a great cruise.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old September 6th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Passenger

Thought of something else.........many times the children might not be attracted to the menu in the main dining room. Keep in mind that the chef will prepare them Mac and cheese or grilled chicken breast or tenders. Sometimes when the more exotic stuff was offered our 13 year old went with the above.
Old September 6th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Captain

We have cruised a lot, but last year was our first experience with kids when we took our adult kids and the grandkids. The 5 children were ages 5 - 13 and they all loved it. They enjoyed Camp Carnival a lot, but really wanted to hang out in the pools and game rooms more. I know that we were asked to sign a statement as to whether or not the 9 year old could sign herself in and out of CC on her own and we did not allow that. We did not get this option with the two 13 year old boys, so I don't know at what age they stop asking for the parental permission on having the children sign themselves in and out.

We did use the slumber party for a babysitter on the late night. This is not an all night event, and we picked them up at a set time, probably around 1:00 or 2:00 a.m. This allowed the parents and us to spend a little more time without worrying about the kids.

I did book an adult in each room, but once we boarded we put the two 13 year old boys in a cabin by themselves, and just traded out keys. I kept a key to their cabin as well so I could check on them. I did not get them sail and sign cards, but did buy them a soda card and this worked just as well, without me worrying about them running up a huge tab on the sail and sign cards. The younger children were always with a parent or grandparent so they did not need a sail and sign card.

We are all going again in April (15 of us this time) and we have booked 5 cabins with at least one adult in each cabin. I will put three boys, ages 14-15 in a cabin by themselves between two cabins that their parents will occupy.