CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   passport recieved 14 days after application????!!!!!! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/339413-passport-recieved-14-days-after-application.html)

nurseypoo5 September 7th, 2007 01:27 AM

passport recieved 14 days after application????!!!!!!

can you believe this...

Applied for my passports on the 27 of August.....my sons arrived TODAY. omg i almost passed out!

Ours wont be here till the 10th it says, 1 day after we sail, but i have the proof i need should i need to fly in an emergency!

is 14 days some sort of record???? WE DID NOT EXPEDITE!

tcoach September 7th, 2007 05:49 AM

Oh Nursey

We applied Aug. 6th and wife got hers Sept. 4th so you have us beat!! It was wrong however (birthday date wrong) and has to go back. Still haven't gotten mine yet tho. We have time . Also, have a great time on your cruise, Please post when you get back!! I enjoy the humor.

Donna September 7th, 2007 06:44 AM

Sounds like passports are getting back on track....good for you.

dina September 7th, 2007 10:13 AM

Re: passport recieved 14 days after application????!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurseypoo5
can you believe this...

Applied for my passports on the 27 of August.....my sons arrived TODAY. omg i almost passed out!

Ours wont be here till the 10th it says, 1 day after we sail, but i have the proof i need should i need to fly in an emergency!

is 14 days some sort of record???? WE DID NOT EXPEDITE!

:shock: WOW!! Congrats and two thumbs up for this..

tcoach September 8th, 2007 04:45 AM

Recieved mine

Recieved my passport yesterday (sept. 7) fast!!! Sent for them Aug. 6th!! Wife's has to go back since birth date is wrong but pretty fast anyway!

Honeybear September 8th, 2007 11:17 AM

Re: passport recieved 14 days after application????!!!!!!

Quote:

can you believe this... Applied for my passports on the 27 of August.....my sons arrived TODAY. omg i almost passed out!
Ours wont be here till the 10th it says, 1 day after we sail, but i have the proof i need should i need to fly in an emergency! is 14 days some sort of record???? WE DID NOT EXPEDITE!

Congratulations!!! :D Now tell all, you either live an extremely good life, you "know" someone (same thing) LOL , or you paid somebody! Seriously, congratulations!

tcoach September 8th, 2007 01:29 PM

Report on World News

The report said that since they hired new agents the backlog is easing up!!

nurseypoo5 September 9th, 2007 12:35 AM

got an email saying hubby and my passports should arrive in 4-6 weeks..different then the other day, HOWEVER son did get his, perhaps background checks are easier on 10 yr olds hehehehe.

I went to the courthouse in southlake texas, uppity area (MEANING very nice area lol) no wait in passport center, think its the only thing i did different vs going to post office??

bye ya'll, im in galveston 12 hours till i go to ship LOL!

weeeeeeeeeee

Honeybear September 9th, 2007 12:39 AM

Quote:

got an email saying hubby and my passports should arrive in 4-6 weeks..different then the other day, HOWEVER son did get his, perhaps background checks are easier on 10 yr olds hehehehe. I went to the courthouse in southlake texas, uppity area (MEANING very nice area lol) no wait in passport center, think its the only thing i did different vs going to post office??

bye ya'll, im in galveston 12 hours till i go to ship LOL! weeeeeeeeeee

You all have a wonderful cruise!

hotmama115 September 9th, 2007 08:50 AM

Re: Report on World News

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcoach
The report said that since they hired new agents the backlog is easing up!!

that is what i heard on the news. that they hired new agents and things should start gonig faster. i think by the end of the month if you are flying out of the country you HAVE to have a pass port, but if by sea then the birthcertificate and photo ID still applies until the first of the year? who knows

Nothin but blue skies September 9th, 2007 09:55 AM

I saw a news ticker on the Saturday AM National News that said the passport office has caught up and is not back on it's normal schedule of processing the docs. It also stated that you must have the passport for flights to Mexico, Canada, Carribean, etc. Nothing was said about the cruises though. I assume the passports are still required as of Jan 1, 2007.

We already have our passports, but our adult children and our grandchildren do not have them yet. We are taking all of them on a cruise in April 2008 and this is a huge expense for passports for 13 more people. I guess we will send in a few apps at a time to stretch the expense, but I keep hoping that they will extend the requirement again.

oneplustwo September 9th, 2007 11:10 AM

we're in north texas too and my 1 year olds also received their passports in less than 2 weeks! happy sailing!