Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Passenger

Default buying the Bon Voyage things

I started to buy the Bar coupons, big sleep shirt, and a Carnival bathrobe, then I remembered people saying wait to get on board and catch these items on sale. All of you multi-cruisers please let me know if you find this to be accurate.
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

What kind of cabin do you have? Oceanview cabins automatically come with a bathrobe you can wear for the duration of your cruise.

Don't know about the bar coupons.

And they put a ton of the shirts on sale the last couple of days on the ship, but you have to get there early (when they announce it) or you won't get one. I would not pay full price for one, they ask way too much.
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old September 10th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Passenger

Default Carnival shopping

On Carnivals website, they have this long sleep t-shirt, I need a pool cover-up, I try not to expose my 55+ body to innocent bystanders. I want the bathrobe as a souviner. Ps where is spell check on this
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I have not ordered the sleep shirts, but have ordered many other things. They do not discount the bathrobes on the cruise, as far as I remember.

Ordering from the Carnival web site is quick and easy, and completely trustworthy. You shouldn't have any trouble.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 10th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

You can buy the robes on the ship too - I have actually 3 at home. They are the best!!! I also have a collection of towels that I have and use that as bath towels!! They last FOREVER! The drink coupons.....Well, they are the same cost - just you buy them sooner and it doesn't seem like you spend so much at the time I guess, but no savings there. As far as shirts....not all shirts go on sale. They have the same old shirts that go on sale for each cruise. So, if you see a shirt you REALLY want, I suggest you get it.
Old September 10th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Captain

Hi

Just to add to what was already answered. When you order the drink coupons you get a message that they were ordered in your cabiin on embarcation. However, it doesn't tell you that you need to pick them up from the Hostess in the Dining room on the first night. We had to hunt them down.

Carol
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
Old September 10th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Admiral

Really? I knew there was a reason I never ordered them..
Old September 10th, 2007, 03:58 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffca
Hi

Just to add to what was already answered. When you order the drink coupons you get a message that they were ordered in your cabiin on embarcation. However, it doesn't tell you that you need to pick them up from the Hostess in the Dining room on the first night. We had to hunt them down.

Carol
Really? I have not ordered them but I did call and ask about them and I was told they would be delivered to you at your table in the dining room. I guess it is really no big deal, they just need to give you specific information about where to get your coupons.

Cathy

Free Cruise Clocks
Carnival Conquest - 12/4/2005
Old September 10th, 2007, 06:52 PM
First Mate

Funny story...

My friend bought the Carnival duffel bag (the one that folds to a small square) on the last sea day when it was reduced in price. I really wanted one but she convinced me to wait until the last sea day so I too could get the discount.

Well, I waited until the last sea day, went to the shop to buy it and guess what? They were all sold out!

I had to wait until my last cruise to buy it. This time I didn't take any chances and bought it on the first sea day!

Carnival - Spirit: Alaska (August 8, 2007)
Carnival - Miracle: Exotic Western Caribbean (April 9, 2006)
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean (January 2005)
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Admiral

Don't you just LOVE that bag? I do!! I bought it also -- but was lucky to get it on the last sea day. However, I would ask if they run out. You KNOW they have it stashed away for the next weeks cruise...lol
Old September 10th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I would like to buy the beach towel. It is big, soft, and fluffy..perfect for a bath towel!

I'll shop in the onboard shows quite a bit. I like picking up small stuff--keychains, magents, pens, spoons, etc. Most people are more receptive to small gifts than larger items....

4 days until I leave for Miami!!!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old September 10th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

I buy the drink coupons for the simple reason I know our liquor bill is always paid for in full, we buy the photo coupons for the same reason. I buy the gift certificates for my on board credit so everything is always paid for in full and I never have any bill at the end of the cruise. On the Inspiration 2004 the drink coupons were delivered right to our table at dinner. On the Inspiration 2005 we changed dining rooms and had the maitre bring the delivery hostess over to the table and she hunted down our coupons. On this past cruise on the Sensation 2007 they were waiting for us all $185.00 dollars worth on the vanity in the cabin before sailing so we able to use them right away before sailing. I have so far ordered four sets for 2008 Glory with a whole lot more to go.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Passenger

I think RO really has the plan for non-sticker shock cruising. I only have 27 days, 13 hours left.
Old September 11th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Admiral

Sail have a great and fun time!

Glory- 4/26/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old September 11th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwr322
Quote:
Hi

Carol
Really? I have not ordered them but I did call and ask about them and I was told they would be delivered to you at your table in the dining room. I guess it is really no big deal, they just need to give you specific information about where to get your coupons.

Cathy
Hi Cathy,

What we felt was that they knew how we would get them... but they didn't communicate that to us. I would have been so much easier to print that on the little notice they leave in the room. When they finally received them my friends did enjoy using them.

Carol
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
3-Carnival Glory
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:15 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi

Carol

Cathy
Hi Cathy,

What we felt was that they knew how we would get them... but they didn't communicate that to us. I would have been so much easier to print that on the little notice they leave in the room. When they finally received them my friends did enjoy using them.

Carol
So, the little notice just says that you have purchased drink coupons, but doesn't tell you where to get them? Sounds like that could be handled a little better! Thanks for the heads-up on this subject.

Cathy

Free Cruise Clocks
Carnival Conquest - 12/4/2005
Old September 11th, 2007, 03:23 PM
First Mate

The beach towel is great. We bought one a year ago. Whenever my son has a friend over and they go swimming, it's the beach towel that's most sought after. I'm going to have to pick up another one.

Carnival - Spirit: Alaska (August 8, 2007)
Carnival - Miracle: Exotic Western Caribbean (April 9, 2006)
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean (January 2005)
Old September 12th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi

Carol

Cathy
Hi Cathy,

Carol
So, the little notice just says that you have purchased drink coupons, but doesn't tell you where to get them? Sounds like that could be handled a little better! Thanks for the heads-up on this subject.

Cathy

Exactly! The little slip told my friends that I had ordered them. But didn't say how to get them. Sometimes communication is the key.

Have a wonderful day!
Carol
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
3-Carnival Glory
Old September 12th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedangel
I would like to buy the beach towel. It is big, soft, and fluffy..perfect for a bath towel!

I'll shop in the onboard shows quite a bit. I like picking up small stuff--keychains, magents, pens, spoons, etc. Most people are more receptive to small gifts than larger items....

4 days until I leave for Miami!!!
My DGF likes stuffed animals. I'm thinking of ordering a Funship Freddy before I go Has anyone ever gotten one and how was it?
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Old September 12th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Beginner

Every week on payday, I go to the Carnival website and order gift certificates. They will either deposit directly into your shipboard account or send you the paper ones and you can deposit them yourself onboard. Like Ro, I hate the sticker shock! It's very nice to get on the ship with a stack of gift certificates and be 800 to the positive!!

Chanin

CCL Destiny 1-6-08
CCL Victory 1/07
CCL Valor 1/06
CCL Legend 1/05
Old September 12th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Passenger

I know my husband would say put the money in an intrest savings acct. but I think what you are doing makes the excitement of the cruise more palpable. 8)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Old September 12th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Admiral

Right on Chanin!

Glory- 4/26/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old September 12th, 2007, 09:43 PM
First Mate

Default Bon Voyage things

We wait until the last day/night or the sales on ALL KINDS OF JUNK, at some good prices.Dont buy it the first day
Bob