Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Passenger

Default Did you lose money on Alaska cruise?

We found a substantial amount of money whilst on our Alaska cruise earlier this year. Would like to find the rightful owner. More information will be given to the person who can give us the correct details as to the amount lost, where, etc. Have been in touch with Carnival on numerous occasions regarding this issue and have not been able to get anywhere.
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:13 PM
First Mate

Kudos for your honesty!

Carnival - Spirit: Alaska (August 8, 2007)
Carnival - Miracle: Exotic Western Caribbean (April 9, 2006)
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean (January 2005)
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Well, I was going to say "I wish it were me" but then again I'm glad its not me. I would be most upset if I would have lost a substantial amount of money. There are not to many honest people like you and you should be commended for the effort to find the rightful owner. I wish you success -- and if you don't have success in finding the owner, don't hesitate to share it with me! I'd love to know where you found this but know you can't say anything here. Thats one reason I don't carry $$ around! Best of luck!
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Passenger

I would like to add one more thing. We found the money while we were on our cruise to Alaska, but the person who left it behind would have been on a previous cruise, maybe to Hawaii. I don't know how long the money had been there, so can't say for sure. I know this sounds confusing, sorry....but for obvious reasons I can't get too specific.
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Admiral

If you don't find the owner (which I doubt you will) consider it Gods way of giving you a gift you may need. Now or for the future. He works in mysterious ways you know. Use it wisely - or give to your favorite charity. I'm surprised the cabin stewards didn't find it!
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Captain

So nice to hear that there are still honest people out there!! I hope you find the owner and no matter how it turns out, you will be blessed for your efforts.

AKcruiser
Old September 10th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylroy
If you don't find the owner (which I doubt you will) consider it Gods way of giving you a gift you may need. Now or for the future. He works in mysterious ways you know. Use it wisely - or give to your favorite charity. I'm surprised the cabin stewards didn't find it!
Hi Cherylroy, Actually, we don't have the money. We handed it in to the pursers desk the day we found it. (which was the day we got off the ship) He filled out a form with all the relevant information, stapled the money to it and told us that they would find out who the owner was. When we got home, we called Carnival several times to see if they had managed to find the owner. They told us first that they couldn't give us any information about it. Later they said that there was no way they could trace it. Then we called our PVP and asked him to help. He did his best, but couldn't get any information either. They told him that it was hopeless to try to find it. I spoke to him today and he agreed that I should try to pursue it through Cruisemates and see where that would lead. Now we realise that it would have been better to bring the money home with us and then contact Carnival. I don't believe that if the guy in the pursers office actually reported it, that there would be no way of tracing it. I'm sure that they have proper procedures for this type of thing. Anyway, if this doesn't work, there's nothing else I can do about it, we've done our best and we'll know better if it ever happens again. Beejo.
Old September 10th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Admiral

You are right - you should have brought the $$ home yourself because now I doubt you or the rightful owner will see it. Sad thought - but true thought I am sure. You are a wonderful person - and God will takes care of the good. I do hope you find your answers! Keep us informed. This is an interesting story that I pray has a good outcome.