Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Familiar Face

Default COSTA MAYA SUBSTITUTE

I have contacted Carnival twice since Hurricane Dean. Last week someone there told me that unless Costa Maya was up and running 11-25 when we leave we would go to Progresso. Well as we know it will be closed unilt sept 08 and so yesterday i called Carnival again to ask them a question about some Progresso shore excursions. Well i guess the service rep i spoke to doesnt read her own company s press releases because according to her we are still going to a port that wont be open

Hmmm
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Passenger

Carnival has released info that they will not be going to Costa Maya until April 09. that article link has been posted on this site a few times now. Today i got an official notice from Carnival that they will be replacing Costa Maya with Cozumel on all the Western Caribean cruises starting 9/16, every other week, until April 2009. I am heading out this Sunday, so i finally have my final destination.
Old September 13th, 2007, 07:53 PM
First Mate

It sounds like you will be going to Progresso then. I know the Legend is substituting Roatan for Costa Maya next Halloween (08).

If you want to know the shore excursions for Progresso, here they are:

http://tinyurl.com/ytasc6[/url]

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old September 13th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Familiar Face

You will enjoy Cozumel more than Costa Maya but I am sorry for all the people there who will be without jobs for quite awhile. We sail on Carnival Glory 12/1 and still do not know where we will be going. Is anyone out there taking that cruise and know anything about where we will be going???????? Have a great trip.
Old September 13th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

For Dec 1st on Glory I vote for another sea day as a replacement port since we are already visiting 3.
Old September 13th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Familiar Face

I would definitely vote for another sea day as long as we get to go to Belieze (spelling?) Have heard the rumor that Key West and Progresso are being added or at least the ship went there when there were Hurricanes in the area. I lived in the Keys for three years so going to Key West is not going to be special.
Old September 13th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Captain

Our Halloween cruise to Cozumel and Costa Maya has also been in Limbo since Hurricane Dean and I had assumed Carnival would replace Costa Maya with Progreso. I have going to the Carnival website daily to check my cruise itinerary and today it showed Progreso as our replacement for Costa Maya. It does not yet give me the ability to book Progreso excursions, but I hope that changes soon.

Someone wrote "you will like Cozumel better than Costa Maya." I love both places, but my favorite thing to do in Costa Maya was the beach in Majahual (sp). I am relly sorry to miss it this time.
Old September 13th, 2007, 10:51 PM
First Mate

Just received a letter from Carnival today for our itinerary change for our cruise on the Victory on November 18.

Dear Carnival Guest:
Due to the impact from Hurricane Dean, we will replace the scheduled call in Costa Maya with a visit to Cozumel on the Carnival Victory 7 day Western Caribbean cruises of November 4, 2007 to May 18, 2008 (every 2 weeks).
Old September 13th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

We leave Monday on the Fantasy out of New Orleans. I was told that the Fantasy will visit Progresso until?????? with the exception of one date in November and she couldn't tell me that port. Progresso from 7-4 and Cozumel from 9-5. This is fine with me however I will miss Costa Maya.