Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Passenger

Default Shore Excursion for Two...Maybe

My husband and I are booked on the "Discover Scuba Diving" shore excursion on 9/24 in Freeport.

Before I booked the excursion online(several months ago), I called Carnival's excursion 800# and was told that there were only 2 tickets available for the Sensation and 2 available for "the other Carnival ship that will be in port that day". I immediately went online and booked the excursion for my husband and myself, as I was happy we would have such undivided attention during the excursion, especially since I have never scuba/snorkeled, and am afraid!

Yesterday I thought, would Carnival really only sell 4 tickets for an excursion? I called back, and was told there were only 2 tickets for the excursion and they were sold, and the Carnival Liberty would have the other 2 tickets.

According to cruisecal.com, the Liberty will be in Key West on Monday, not Freeport. My husband thinks the 2 tickets only, another ship, etc. is very odd, and there must be some mistake.

Does anyone else find this weird?
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Admiral

I cannot say whether it is correct or not, but often the Discover Scuba classes are generally small groups because there is classroom instruction and practice exercises before you actually scuba dive and then the Instructor has to keep a close eye on all participants while diving and so it would not surprise me to find out that they only take out 4 people at a time. Plus if it is a boat dive they are limited to how many people their boat can handle and all the equipment as well. We have done discover scuba several times and I don't recall evergoing with a group larger than 4 people. Hope that helps.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 14th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Passenger

Thanks, that does make me feel more at ease. The excursion info I have does state there is a pool class first, so it must be just like the excursions you were on. Now I can go back to my other hundred worries, packing, lists everywhere, things I need to buy, my daughter having to stay at my in-laws (goths and grandmas don't mix), etc, etc...