Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Honeybear
Default Items necessary to get on the ship

Will our cruise tickets, fun pass, DL, and passports be all we need in hand to get onboard? Usually I have anything and everything, kitchen sink included,just in case they "might" ask for it. I'd sure like to travel lighter. Thanks.
the SENSATION

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

Cash/credit card for sail and sign account, I always have my flight information printed out with me just in case, the cruise booklet they give you, the luggage tags on the luggage...and everything you mentioned. You should be set, happy sailing!
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old September 15th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Admiral

If you have a passport a DL is not needed.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old September 15th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Shark
If you have a passport a DL is not needed.
Okay, thank you, I appreciate your reply. I never could understand "why" both were needed.
the SENSATION

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
Old September 15th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Admiral

also, make usre to bring a photocop of your passports - you'll wabnt to bring the photocopies when you leave the ship for excursions, but leave the original passports safely locked in your cabin safe. doesn't hurt to have photo copies of dl as well as other ids/medical/auto insurance cards. o you, leave originals in the safe. If you're driving on an excursion, dl should come with you of course and auto ins card. otherwise, carry copies.
Old September 15th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Administrator
Admiral

"Technically" you need nothing more than a credit card and a passport. You'll have to fill out the credit card info and a few other things but you will be on the ship in a few minutes.

You don't need documents as long as you are on the manifest. You can verify that at the pier when you drop off your luggage. The luggage handlers have copies of the manifest, with your cabin number and extra luggage tags.

The Funpass, clothes and all that other stuff are really nice to have but aren't really "needed".

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 15th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M
"Technically" you need nothing more than a credit card and a passport. You'll have to fill out the credit card info and a few other things but you will be on the ship in a few minutes.

You don't need documents as long as you are on the manifest. You can verify that at the pier when you drop off your luggage. The luggage handlers have copies of the manifest, with your cabin number and extra luggage tags.

The Funpass, clothes and all that other stuff are really nice to have but aren't really "needed".

Take care,
Mike
Thank you so much! My "stuff" was agravating to carry around.
the SENSATION

Old September 15th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

so a copy of all that will work? I thought you had to have the original (when you leave the ship). Never thought about making a copy and leaving original safely in safe!
Old September 15th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylroy
so a copy of all that will work? I thought you had to have the original (when you leave the ship). Never thought about making a copy and leaving original safely in safe!
This sure sounds safer doesn't it, Chery? Another idea just came to me, I carry mine and DH carries his. One of us needs to get back on that ship to get the origionals in case of theft!?
the SENSATION

Old September 15th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylroy
Copies are generally not accepted as **proof** of anything. You need the originals.

A copy of your passport will enable an American Embasy to get you a replacement quicker. However, you are not in port all that long, so it is kind of useless. If you staying in a foreign city for a couple of days, then that is a different story.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08