Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 16th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Post Cruise Blues

We've talked about this before, but let's "re-up it" as we say in my biz..

There's something about the day you book a cruise that puts a spring in your step and brightens your mood. I've been in a very good mood ever since I booked our latest cruise even though its not for a few months yet.

And in contrast, as soon as you step off the ship, there's this impending sense of doom that you have to go back to reality... (And you may already be a little down from seeing your drink n' sink card bill...)

focus: What do you do to break the post cruise blues? --The obvious is book another cruise but thats not always an option!!

I actually got so sick wit the flu that I didn't feel so bad about not being on the ship. I was grateful for my bed!! Until I went back to work.. Then I felt crappy for a good week.
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

I always look at my pictures and read my journal entries over and over. It makes me happy And then I tell everyone I know about my wonderful trip.
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old September 16th, 2007, 05:31 PM
First Mate

We always book an excursion on the departure day. This seems to help a little in extending our vacation.

BUT...

We did something extra on our last cruise. Because the cruise started and ended on Wednesday, we took a few extra days vacation. Instead of flying home on Wednesday, we flew home the following Sunday. Having the extra days of vacation really helped with the cruise blues. As a bonus, we have family who lives in Anchorage so we didn't have to pay extra for a hotel room.

On the day of departure, we did the Blackstone Glacier tour (fantastic). They dropped us off at the airport where we had a rental car reserved. We were now ready for the second part of our vacation. We explored Anchorage, ate some great food and drank some tasty bear, took a day trip up to Seward, and just had fun. We even saw a pod of Baloga Whales! My DH saw a mother moose and her baby (I was driving and missed it).

By the time Sunday rolled around, we were actually ready to go home.

When I first found out that our cruise left on a Wednesday, I was not very happy but now I think it's great!

12 days of vacation vs 9 days really made a huge difference!

Carnival - Spirit: Alaska (August 8, 2007)
Carnival - Miracle: Exotic Western Caribbean (April 9, 2006)
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean (January 2005)
Old September 16th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Post Cruise Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deakon
What do you do to break the post cruise blues?
Its called PCD, I hang out on these Cruise Forums and have fun till my next cruise.

Fred
Old September 16th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

I book another cruise as soon as we get back. Hang out on the boards, look and the pictures. Sometime, my DW and I will dress up for dinner just like on the ship.

Past Cruises
Carnival Ecstasy 97
Carnival Fantasy 98
Carnival Imagination 03
Carnival Glory 05
Carnival Elation 07
Carnvial Triumph 08
Old September 16th, 2007, 06:28 PM
First Mate

Okay, one year I made towel animals when we got home. Turned down my DS's bed, added a mint and towel animal. Made me feel better. He thought I was nuts.

Carnival - Spirit: Alaska (August 8, 2007)
Carnival - Miracle: Exotic Western Caribbean (April 9, 2006)
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean (January 2005)
Old September 16th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default PCD

I just reconnected twice this past year with my favorite band group on the Miracle. Once in April and then in August. Had a blast. These boards certainly help a lot to get it out of your system and meeting up with the new people that you met on the cruise that I'm keeping in touch with. I'm now I guess called a groupie and can't wait to join up with the band again on another cruise; hopefully next year or the year after. Mary49
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Passenger

RobRen you crack me up!!!!

My husband already thinks I am nuts so that would just confirm it for him!

Carnival Elation 2/07
Carnival Victory 10/07
Old September 17th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutiecat
I always look at my pictures and read my journal entries over and over. It makes me happy And then I tell everyone I know about my wonderful trip.

OoOoOoO That is a fantastic idea!!!! I think I will purchase a "cruise journal" for my daughter and myself. Each time she has a free moment, she can jot a few things about her day in it and when we get home and she gets nostalgic, she will have her "cruise journal"......Thanks for the idea!!! :-)
Old September 17th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Admiral

My 1st cruise was with my teenage son in July 2007. I was on such a high that I didn't think I'd get post-cruise blues. But I started to miss the huge ship, looking out at the beautiful blue ocean, and being away from home on vacation. We have not been able to vacation much in the past.

Top feel better, I look at my photos in a huge album (I printed them all out). I look at them on the pc at work (I always carry my 8 gig flash drive), I still have them on my digital camera (so I can watch the movies too!, wherever I am and I have my trip journal as well. We have the professional photos framed on our entertainment center. We also talk about the cruise from time to time.

I also booked a June 2008 cruise on Fascination (solo this time) within a few weeks of debarking Senstaion. Now there's that to look forward to. That really helped me from slipping into the blues.

After that one, it will be a few years before I cruise again so I don't know how I'll fill in that time.
Old September 17th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Passenger

I sort through all my pictures and odds & ends that I have saved from my cruise.....for instance, I asked the maitre'd to make copies of the menus for both formal nights.....he was happy to do it for me. Then I get started on my scrapbook. It's a wonderful reminder of the cruise and something you can share with your friends and family...much more interesting than just looking at a bunch of photo's. It takes me a while to do each page, so by the time I get it finished, it will be time for my next cruise.