Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default I love Knowing who is Reading The Boards!!!

Tell us a little about yourself. What are you looking for, and how many cruises have you taken, and how did you find Cruisemates?

Hi, I am Luanne, and hubby is Jim, and we have two boys.

I have been on 5 cruises, with number 6 booked for next summer.

I found Cruisemates, by typing in Cruises. So glad I found my way here.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Captain

Hi, Im Jane, I cant remember how I found CMs. I took some cruises about 13 years ago or so, and just got started again a year ago. Im not exactly sure how many cruises I have total. Iv done 4 cruises in the last year and have 6 booked, so Im kinda gung ho.

I live in Texas now, in the Dallas area.

I dont have friends who cruise or who even want to cruise, so the answer to what Im looking for is folks who want to discuss cruises.
Old September 17th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Admiral

I'm Ken, and the lovely Mrs. Jones is Vita. We reside in Lakeland, Florida, close to 5 ports, so it's much easier for us to cruise than many of you. (no airfare involved!) I've been cruising since the late "60's or early "70's, not sure exactly when the first cruise was, but we have something over 100 cruises under our belts. We NEVER tire of the pampering, and great food, enjoyment, entertainment and great value of a cruise. We currently have three cruises booked, and have already done three this year.
Old September 17th, 2007, 10:14 AM
First Mate

I am Pat, DH is Mike and we live in San Diego. We have been on 6 cruises, and have 2 more planned.
We have a deaf son and a deaf D-I-Law who have lived with us for 2 1/2 years.
They are moving in Jan. !!!
I found Cruisemates by looking for cruise info online. I found several "newsletter" sites, but Cruisemates is the best.
I have only been a member for 6 mo's, but am starting to feel like I do have an extended family.

RCL Radiance
CCL Splendor
HAL Zaandam
CCL Elation
CCL Spirit
HAL Statendam 2x
HAL Ryndam 2x
Old September 17th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Location: On the Lido deck of any ship taking shots of Kamakazi's with Partyanimal & Co.

Hi I am Kelly from sunny CA and I will be taking my 5th cruise for Thanksgiving (with family & friends) and I just planned my 6th next year (had to have something else to look forward to. ). I have posted a few times but now I am getting the hang of it. The person who planned our cruise (partyanimal as she is known here) told me to check out this site and I have never looked back. Thanks for all the great info and I look forward to meeting all the Turkeys for the Freedom from Turkeys Cruise! Happy cruising to everyone!

Old September 17th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Familiar Face

Hi, I'm Debbie and my DH is Earl. We will be going on our 4th cruise on Oct. 21st along with DS and SIL celebrating our 30th anniversary and their 1st anniversary. DH is finally getting with the program, he has got his calendar marked off.

DH is the one that found this site.
Old September 17th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Passenger

I'm Joan and husband is Joe from the Fort Worth, Texas area. We are taking our 9th Carnival cruise in November for Thanksgiving. I am on several different cruise boards and found these boards about a year or so ago but actually signed in back in January. We are totally addicted to cruising!! We have a son and daughter-in-law who love cruising, too. Cruisegirl
S/S Yarmouth-7/62; Celebration - 9/99; Inspiration - 12/00; Jubilee - 10/02; Elation Thanksgiving cruise - 11/03; Elation again - 12/04; Carnival Conquest - 2/06; Carnival Glory Super Bowl cruise - 2/07; Ecstasy - 6/07; Ecstasy - 11/07; Carnival Conquest - 10/08; Conquest inaugural cruise to the Bahamas - 2/15/09; Triumph cruise to Western Caribbean Jan. 16, 2010, Ecstasy cruise to nowhere, July 4 weekend 2010. Carnival Magic, 10-28-2011, Barcelona to Galveston.
WE'RE PLATINUM!!
Old September 17th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Admiral

Hi, my name is Manny and my wife is Rosanna; we reside in Connecticut and love to cruise. We have completed 8 cruises with the first one being our honeymoon cruise and we have three booked. Our next one coming up is for New Year's eve leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale on 12/30. One of the things we love about cruising is the fantastic people we meet on board. We have several "cruisemates" from all over the US and Canada that we stay in touch with, including ones from our own state.

HAPPY CRUISING!
Manuel
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old September 17th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi! I 'm Terri and DH is Jon, and we live in Virginia Beach, VA. We haven't cruised out of our new Norfok cruise terminal, but hope to sometime in the future, when they get some more ships and itineraries. I have been on 3 cruises and he has been on 2 - not counting the two "med cruises" and the 2-month sail around South America he did with the Navy. For some reason he says they don't count! We have 2 DDs (14 & 9 next Monday) and 2 DSs (10 & 7) who we took on the Disney cruise 2/2006. We are all going on the Freedom for Turkeys, so we are counting down! CAN'T WAIT!

I found CM when I was looking to book another cruise for all of us. I've really enjoyed learning from all of you. Now I'm helping a friend oplan her honeymoon cruise, and of course I told her when to go to ask any questions!
Old September 17th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Passenger

Hi I'm Angie and my dh is Rob. We have not take a cruise yet. We are just in the planning stages. Due to our budget and the fact that I can not wait to go or a cruise, we are looking at the Holiday,Fantasty or the Ecstacy. Most likely it will be either the Holiday on Fantasy. The ports for both are driveable in one day for us. We currently live in St Louis. Hope to have travel plans sooner than later.
Old September 17th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Admiral

Hello, I am Michael from Houston. I am a huge cruise fan who has done 6 already since '99 and want to do many, many more. I'm going to Miami for Thanksgiving to cruise on the Carnival Freedom... YYyyaaaaaa!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old September 18th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Carnival Vincent

Hello,

I’m Vincent 30 years old from the Netherlands, a huge Carnival fan.
In 40 day’s I’ll be on the Freedom transatlantic, my 9th Carnival Cruise since 1990.
My first Carnival cruise was on the Mardi Gras.
I cruised twice with John Heald as the CD, And I know that he is the cruise director again on my upcoming cruise, YEAH !!!.

I advise everybody to go on a cruise with the best cruise director there is. It makes a cruise so much more FUN !!

No matter what I read on this board. Carnival is the best there is, although I can afford to go on the higher class ships, I stay with Carnival, because I like it very much .

Vincent
Cruise History: 1990 Mardi Gras, 1993 Jubilee, 1998 Imagination, 2002 Fantasy, 2003 Carnival Spirit (panama canal), 2004 Carnival Triumph, 2005 Carnival Liberty (transatlantic) 2006 Carnival Liberty (Mediterranean)
Old September 18th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Admiral

Hi, I am from montreal. My first cruise was in 1988 on the carnival Mardi gras. 10 years later went on my second cruise and haven`t stop since.
sometimes i can`t find somebody to go with me so I cruise solo often now. I love seadays the most of all and love looking at the ocean at night.
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

I am Jessica, 25 years old, single, Registered Nurse.

Five cruises, four with Carnival, 6th one booked for March and then booking a European with Royal Caribbean for next summer sometime (it's for my sister-her high school graduation present.)

Found Cruisemates looking for excursions for the cruise I took in April. Love this website-people are so helpful and you can find answers to anything!
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old September 18th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to cruzaddict

Hello, my name is Kerry and I'm a cruise-aholic!
DH is Aaron. We are both 39 and just got back from cruise #2.

We have a large group booking in the works for Mardi Gras 2009 but hope to book a couple cruises for 2008. This last week on Conquest was definitely the best vacation either of us have ever had...and I have travelled quite a bit since I was a child. I have actually dreamt about the trip since we've been home. It was GREAT!

We live in Lafayette, Louisiana which is not far from Galveston, New Orleans, or even Mobile when we want to set sail. I just wish we had gone on our first one before we were 38...we have a lot of time to make up for :o

Carnival Ecstasy 4-06, Carnival Conquest 9-07
Mariner OTS 9-08, Carnival Conquest 2-09
Carnival Conquest 9-09, Carnival Fantasy 1-10
Carnival Triumph 5-11, Mariner OTS 11-11
Old September 19th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Passenger

I'm am Linda from Atlanta, this will be our third cruise. The Conquest, and Sensation. I found it CM by typing in cruises also. I have regestered with other cruise chat sites, but I think CM is the best. It is so easy to navigate, and has the best memeber reply's so cheers to all CM members.
It needs spell check more than font options, I have become so dependant on it, that I misspell 5th grade words, so I guess I am not smarter than a fifth grader.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Old September 19th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotte
Hi, I'm Debbie and my DH is Earl. We will be going on our 4th cruise on Oct. 21st along with DS and SIL celebrating our 30th anniversary and their 1st anniversary. DH is finally getting with the program, he has got his calendar marked off.

DH is the one that found this site.
Just wanted to correct...DD and SIL will be cruising with us.
Old September 19th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Fred and Wendy from San Diego, Ca. 10th cruise with Carnival Nov.8th on the Elation, also have the Freedom booked on April 5th 08 and the Splendor for March 23rd 2009 out of Long Beach Ca.. Come join us.

Sailed on Princess and RCCL in the past also.

Fred
Old September 19th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Passenger

Hello. My name is Cindy and I'm going on my very first cruise during the Thanksgiving holiday. I'm soooo excited that I have to make myself not think about the cruise, or I get too goofy to function in school. I'm a teacher and my kids at school are starting to get excited for me. I'm going with my best friend of 35+ years and we're going on the Conquest. Thank God, we live in Louisiana and Galveston is within driving distance. I don't fly!!!! I've been reading the message board since we booked in February and have learned a lot of things to look forward to. 60 Days And Counting
Old September 19th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Admiral

Default Re: I love Knowing who is Reading The Boards!!!

Dave - Auditor, Researcher, Dive Pro, Life Guard, Scout Leader, Dad. Looking for adventure. Over 100 days sailing. Have a tween kiddo who has over 50 days sailing and is an advanced diver. Been cruising since my late 20's and doing boards for travel logistics since the early '80's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
Tell us a little about yourself. What are you looking for, and how many cruises have you taken, and how did you find Cruisemates?
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old September 20th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Passenger

Hi, I'm Jackie and DH is Don. We live in Myrtle Beach, SC., transplanted from Northern VA. Cruising is the one vacation I can get DH to go on without a lot of complaining.

We are planning our third but definitely not our last. My dream cruise is one in Alaska to see the humpback whales! Cruise Mates really helped when planning my last cruise, although my family got tired of hearing "well, on the message board they said to .......". But hey, good advice is hard to ignore!

Big Red Boat 1996
Carnival Sensation 2006
Old September 20th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Yeoman

I'm Carla and my BF is the one who go me hooked cruising.

Our second cruise will either be this January or March. With the 3 *crossing fingers* still scheduled for Europe in the summer of '08. Carla
Old September 20th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Passenger

My name is Patricia (aka Tish) and I have my 3rd cruise book on the Miracle 12/24-1/2. I'm Full Time Student (RN) and Mom and my DH is currently working in Iraq as a Gov't Contractor. We have 2 children, 11yo girl and 7yo boy, and we live in Central Florida.

So far I've cruised with RCI and Disney and we're hoping to try NCL or Princess w/in the next year. We've lived in HI so we're hoping to cruise "home" soon to visit the islands and I'm hoping to book a Alaska cruise 0n 7/13/09 for our 13th wedding anniversary.

I found CM while searching for Cruise Reviews and LOVE IT. Great people, Great advice and got to love the Kuki!!!
Old September 20th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi from Randy & Tami. We found cruisemates about 4 year ago and found it the best way to get information on our up coming cruises. We love this site and are waiting to go on our next cruise. Sometime this site help you get that cruise fix you need while waiting for the next one. I read all your posts from your last cruise and it was great. Still waiting to see pictures from your cruise. Thank you so much. Randy & Tami Las Vegas NV
2006 Carnival Pride / Mexican Riviera
2008 Carnival Conquest / Western Caribbean
2009 Sapphire Princess / Mexican Riv

Need some cruise help?
Old September 20th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainEdwardJohnSmith

the Captain is checking-in Luanne!

but then you know I AM ALWAYS reading thse boards!

Captain & the Mrs booked 2 crusies the day b4 yesterday, we leave Sun 9/23 Vancouver to LA 6-day sailing on the Golden Princess and then 10/9 we leave San Diego thru Panama Canal to Miami 18-day sailing on the NCL Sun. Offically we are now at 50 cruises wth these 2 booked.

always a pleasure to read these boards and help out when/where I can.

Captain
Old September 20th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Passenger

Hi Luanne, Linda from Atlanta, we are leaving in 18d 11h, on the Holiday. I have been on the Conquest, and the Sensation. The Sensation has been my favorite. I just found CM 2 weeks ago and love it. There is a spirit of comraderie and joy from brother and sister cruise lovers. Ps anyone know how to do spell check?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Old September 21st, 2007, 01:07 PM
Passenger

Pointyhead here from middle Georgia (100 miles south of Atlanta). Just booked the Miracle for an 8 day trip to Panama on 3 Feb. So far, we've been on the SS Atlantic (big red boat) two times, the Legend for a southern caribbean tour, and the Celebration twice. The Celebration 5 day out of Jacksonville is our favorite. It's a charming ship, we love Key West, and Jaxport is close and is very easy to get to and away from.
Old September 24th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Lyn_N
Default 34 days and counting

My name is Lynette 43, RN,living single in Maryland. Oct 28th I set sail on cruise number 9 with my cousin(her 3rd). This will be my longest cruise yet. They have all been with CCL. I found CM by accident, just looking for cruise messageboards.

BOOKED CRUISES
Carnival Freedom 10/2007 (14-day TransAtlantic)

PAST CRUISES
Carnival Carnivale
Carnival Jubilee
Carnival Fantasy(x3)
Carnival Pride
Carnival Ecstacy
Carnival Victory
Old September 24th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

The names Jeanette and I turned 38 on the Triumph! I got a song and a dance from the waiter/bus people and a piece of DIET pumkin pie with a candle in it...

I got booted off on Saturday morning and wish I was back on the ship still. We have another cruise booked for Feb 08 on the Conquest. I had a great time cruising solo and would do it again anytime.....

Good news is while I was away the Canadian dollar was at par with the US dollar late last week. This is good news because it means if it stays that high I can cruise for less because our buck will be the same as yours!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old September 24th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Hi,
I'm Mike and I'm a moderator and Community Leader (I do windows) here on Cruisemates.

I am an avid cruiser with a few under my belt. I love talking, researching and most of all being on cruises.

I love our long time readers and really enjoy seeing new people come onboard. I also encourage people to participate in the discussions and don't be afraid to ask or answer questions and don't be intimidated by the long time cruisers. We all can learn things from those with new perspectives.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me