Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Glory for the Western Caribbean cruise next year

I am a single woman in my mid forties. I would like to take a Western Caribbean cruise on Glory. Ports would include Cozumel, Belize and Costa Maya. What is the best month to go? I would like good weather (no hurricane season) and hopefully more singles on the cruise.

I am very flexible. Also, are there many activities for singles?
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Captain

Sil, Glory western's a great cruise, however, I think Costa Maya is OUT due to hurricane damage for at least a year or so. You don't mention what part of the country you're from. We're from Ohio and like to break up the long cold winters. Also, the cruises are usually cheap that time of year and the kids are in school. Find yourself a TA, online or otherwise, and choose a date that's cheapest. The price is almost 3 times as high during the peak summer season as it is during select winter dates like just before Xmas. Don't worry bout the weather in the Caribbean, it's tropical all year round. Might be a little cool first nite leavin port, but you'll awake to warm tropical air for the remainder of the trip.
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Passenger

I live in Southern California so I don't really need to escape the cold weather. Do you know which month would have more single people cruising on Glory ?
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Passenger

I decided to either go March 8, 2008 or May 3, 2008. What do you think is the better date to go for weather? I would think that March 8, 2008 is too early for Spring Break as I don't want to be there with a bunch of children and teenagers.
Old September 19th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Captain

I decided to either go March 8, 2008 or May 3, 2008. What do you think is the better date to go for weather? I would think that March 8, 2008 is too early for Spring Break as I don't want to be there with a bunch of children and teenagers.

I think either date would be good weather-wise, though as I mentioned, the first nite could be a little cool like sweatshirt or windbreaker weather on deck. Not sure about the spring break dates, maybe someone else can help you. NORMALLY, the price goes WAY up for spring break. Here'a a couple links to a weather site which show the monthly average temps in Cozumel and Belize. If you look at the bottom of the pages it also has average rainfall.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...omnav_business

http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...omnav_business

Glory in Cozumel

Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old September 19th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Hi Sil
I think you've selected excellent dates for your cruise. As you stated, March 8th might be better because of Spring Break. I really doubt that there would be much difference in reference to how many singles are aboard. That's probably "luck of the draw". I'm not single, and don't pay too much attention to that, however we've had quite a number of singles at our dining room table, and they ALL seem to have a great time aboard. I'm sure you too, will totally enjoy your cruise.

Ken
Old September 19th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

The first two weeks of March are when Spring Break on ships are in full swing. I went March 5 last year and had a blast. Plenty of people, single and coupled, that you will meet and have a great time with. Happy sailing and I am so jealous as I want to sail the Glory but have yet to
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old September 19th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Admiral

We have cruised the first week of May many times...very few children (mostly pre-school children), perfect weather, and good prices. As far as cruising to the Caribbean (eastern or western itinerary), the months of May and October are ideal, low humidity and rainfall. March is a little risky if you don't want to sail with a ship full of spring breakers and the weather can be a little chilly. I would definitely prefer a cruise in May.

To answer your second question, on the first night of our cruise in June on the Liberty there was a Speed Dating event. There are so many entertainment venues on the ship that are very conducive to meeting other people...you just have to get out there and participate. On different nights, the disco plays music from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's...there is also jazz, sing-a-long party, piano music in the lobby, classical music, karaoke, live music on the Lido deck, fun activities all over the ship...lots of choices and opportunities to meet people.