Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Admiral

Default Carnival Legend

I'm considering the Legend for our next cruise, whenever that might be. Does anyone know how "obstructed" the views are with the cat 7A balcony cabins, that would be the upper deck? Can you see out at all? Just curious, they are a little cheaper. Any opinions on the Legend? Thanks.

Need some cruise help?
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

When I was on the Legend in June, I was in an 8E balcony and the lifeboats were one deck down. From what I could see from up there, when they said the view was "obstructed" on that deck they weren't kidding. I don't know, if it was me, I'd pay the extra to get a good view of the sea and when visiting the ports.
Old September 19th, 2007, 07:48 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Carnival Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanamaw
I'm considering the Legend for our next cruise, whenever that might be. Does anyone know how "obstructed" the views are with the cat 7A balcony cabins, that would be the upper deck? Can you see out at all? Just curious, they are a little cheaper. Any opinions on the Legend? Thanks.
We were lucky....we booked 7A guarantee for our Nov 7th cruise on the Miracle (sister ship to the Legend) and got our cabin assignment....upgraded to 8F. When we booked our PVP told us that when you book a 7A guarantee you almost never end up in that category. For us, it paid off. I was fine with it if we had actually gotten an obstructed balcony.
5/'06 Celebrity Zenith
6/'06 Carnival Legend
9/25/06 Carnival Legend
10/29/06 11 nite NCL Spirit
2/4/2007 Carnival Legend
May 14-25th, Carnival Fascination...3 B2B's
9/24/07 Carnival Miracle
11/7/07 Carnival Miracle
1/14/08 Fascination
1/18/08 Carnival Miracle (Platinum on this one!)
2/25/08 Fascination
4/21 & 4/26/08 B2B on the Imagination
Future cruises:
9/7/08 Legend
11/16/08 Legend
1/26 & 1/31 Destiny B2B
Old September 19th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Admiral

I don't know much about the cabins, as we almost always book inside. (I like my afternoon naps in the nice, dark cabin, so I can be rested up to dance, and sing the night away), however, we absolutely love the Spirit class ships. IMO they are the perfect size, and have no decks that don't run all the way through. (Conquest class have the galley blocking the center of the ship on deck 3 and it makes it difficult, at times, to get to the dining rooms) I wouldn't hesitate to book any of the great Carnival ships, but the Legend, Miracle, Pride and Spirit are our absolute favorites.

Ken
Old September 19th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Admiral

Well, after further searches I have found actual photos from some of the cat 7A obstructed view. It looks like I would have to lay down on the balcony to see under the life boats or stand on a ladder to see over them. I don't know if I could take the chance on being upgraded from this to a better location if I booked guarantee 7A. It's something to think about. I'm not even sure when we will do this cruise, but I'm pretty sure this will be our next one. Thanks for the replies and if anyone comes up with a picture of the 7A please send me one, I would like to see it. Thanks again.

Need some cruise help?
Old September 19th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Captain

Also note the obstructed balcony cabins are recessed sooooooooo, if you get a corner unit, you wouldn't be able to see forward or aft depending on which corner. I'd like to cruise a Spirit-class ship, but IMO, I'd never book "balcony guarentee" on that class ship.
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009