Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 21st, 2007, 02:28 PM
Admiral

Default Make a MOVIE of your cruise for FREE!

If you're REALLY ambitious, you can use Windows Movie Maker (free!) to make a movie that includes your photos and videos, you can add titles, credits, and even add music. There are transitions (such as fade in, etc.) that you can apply to each photo or video...cool program. You can put screens of information before a group of photos or videos to separate days on a trip, or to explain things (i.e. Nassau photos, Atlantis Resort photos, formal night, et...)

I just discovered it this week and Ian and I are in the middle of doing that now. We'll burn a cd when we're done and send it to our family. I'm considering using Holiday by Madonna for the music (as it's lively, upbeat and always puts me in a good weekend or holiday mood.)

If I can, I'll also upload it to Youtube.com

If you have Windows XP make sure you have Service Pack 2 as it's included with it. You probably won't have it on your Start menu. The program will be located in c:\programfiles\Movie Maker - the program file is called moviemk.exe
Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2007, 12:31 AM
Beginner

Yes, this is a great program!

I used it to make a video for the in-law's 40th wedding anniversary that we played at a reception for friends and family, and they absolutely loved it. I included pictures from the time they got married until now. It works with video as well as pictures, and you can add special effects, music, fade-ins/outs, titles, credits, and make a very professional looking video. It is very intuitive and fun as well.

Be sure and post your YouTube link when you get yours finished.
I need to work on one as well of our July cruise!
Old September 23rd, 2007, 05:38 AM
Captain

Default Re: Make a MOVIE of your cruise for FREE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1959
If you're REALLY ambitious, you can use Windows Movie Maker (free!) to make a movie that includes your photos and videos, you can add titles, credits, and even add music. There are transitions (such as fade in, etc.) that you can apply to each photo or video...cool program. You can put screens of information before a group of photos or videos to separate days on a trip, or to explain things (i.e. Nassau photos, Atlantis Resort photos, formal night, et...)

I just discovered it this week and Ian and I are in the middle of doing that now. We'll burn a cd when we're done and send it to our family. I'm considering using Holiday by Madonna for the music (as it's lively, upbeat and always puts me in a good weekend or holiday mood.)

If I can, I'll also upload it to Youtube.com

If you have Windows XP make sure you have Service Pack 2 as it's included with it. You probably won't have it on your Start menu. The program will be located in c:\programfiles\Movie Maker - the program file is called moviemk.exe
This is cool... If found it. Never knew it was there. Thank you bunches.

Carol
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
Old September 23rd, 2007, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Michelle that is cool. All that time it was there and I didn't have a clue! Since we just got a new digital camera with an underwater case...we're leaving Tuesday to start our vacation and cruising on the Triumph Saturday, so I see lot's of potential for this new tool! I'll see if I can get creative.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 23rd, 2007, 11:29 AM
Admiral

I've used that one and another one that I think is easier than Movie Maker. It was part of my Photo Explosion software called Picture to TV. I love it and have now made about 5 different movies with it. You can add the music, different transitions, etc. I love it.

Need some cruise help?
Old September 23rd, 2007, 02:53 PM
First Mate

If you ever want to go beyond the limited boundries of Movie Maker and invest some learning time (okay, a lot of learning time), there are many programs out there that can bring out your creativity.

I make some awsome DVD movies using:

Sony Vegas 7 Professional
Sony DVD Architect
Adobe After Effects
Particle Illusion
BluffTitler &
Photoshop

Some of these programs are very expensive but if you are the parent of a student (K-12 & college) you can get an academic discount price on many programs..You can save almost $700 on some programs!
All you need is your student's school ID or a recent report card. Although these are called academic versions, they contain everything (and I mean everything) that the full program offers. The only downside is that you can't purchase an upgrade but for a $500 savings, who cares!

Carnival - Spirit: Alaska (August 8, 2007)
Carnival - Miracle: Exotic Western Caribbean (April 9, 2006)
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean (January 2005)
Old September 23rd, 2007, 09:05 PM
Admiral

I don't want to spend money for programs when there's a free one that pretty much does what I need. Rather save the money for my next cruise I hope Bill Gates puts some more freebies out there!

When my movie's done, I hope I can load it on you tube it will be 7 gigs or so with the music added. I'll post a link when it's up there, probably later this week. I may have to remove some of the photos to shrink it down.
Old September 23rd, 2007, 10:03 PM
Admiral

This is one that I made from our cruise last year. It's not perfect and it is over nine minutes long it gives you an idea of what can be done. I can't seem to get rid of the very last photo, it's out of place and I have tried deleting it and it still is there.

I have two on youtube, the rest are just dvd's I watch at home.[/youtube]

Need some cruise help?
Old September 23rd, 2007, 10:17 PM
Admiral

Oh Michelle, wow! I put a collection of our family photos to the Eagles Tune "No More Cloudy Days" today after reading your post and it is powerful. Everytime anyone in our family watches it, we start bawling. Can't help it. It is moving. I just sent it to Melody (mstill) we'll see what she thinks) Thanks!

Read and post cruise reviews