Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 21st, 2007, 08:34 PM
Passenger

Default Nassau Carriage Rides - How Much?

Does anyone know how much it costs for a carriage ride, and how long they are? Can you negotiate the price? It sounds like fun; I haven't been on a carriage ride since NY in 1984!

We're planning on walking around by ourselves in Nassau - any tips on what we should definitely try to see?

Thanks for any info, and thanks to all who have answered questions for me thus far...I am in the midst of packing, as we leave for our cruise in 13 HOURS!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2007, 09:07 PM
Yeoman

Don't know the prices now but be advised, after you're asked if you "want a ride in the carriage", for the upteenth time, and tell them "No thanks", for the upteenth time, you may possibly be called, a "Bohemian", like we were.... ! Of course, that was on a cruise over 15 years ago and the horse now is probably in a can of dog food and the carriage driver living the high-life in Miami....

Have fun on your cruise!!
Old September 22nd, 2007, 04:39 PM
Passenger

I'm sure you're well on your way now but I'll post...

My husband and I took a carriage ride and I believe it was 20us for a 25-30min ride. It went quite fast and you boarded the carriage in a location with some major horse poo funk (stinky) but we enjoyed it.

Happy Cruising
Old September 22nd, 2007, 05:53 PM
Captain

Hello from a fellow hoosier!

We were there last month. Don't worry you'll get plenty of offers for carriage rides. They'll agree to take you to (or at least by) several tourist spots including Atlantis. Yes, you can easily talk them down in price. If they don' t offer to reduce it, just make them an offer if your serious about going. 40 bucks or so for both of you (twenty each) should be about right. You'll probably want to tip for good service.

We actually thougt about doing it. But one of the things that make this appealing to me is a good looking, healthy horse. Most of the horses just look tired and underfed. I'm sure the heat isn't easy on them either. It just kind of turned us off to the whole thing. Enjoy if you decide to do it.

We didn't do any excursions in Nassau but everyone who went to Paradise island and/or Atlantis carried on about how great they were if you want to check those out. Atlantis has a deal where you can come in and use the entire facility for the day including their famous water park...Not super cheap, but fun from what everyone was saying.
Old September 22nd, 2007, 10:37 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Nassau Carriage Rides - How Much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierMom
Does anyone know how much it costs for a carriage ride, and how long they are? Can you negotiate the price? It sounds like fun; I haven't been on a carriage ride since NY in 1984!

We're planning on walking around by ourselves in Nassau - any tips on what we should definitely try to see?

Thanks for any info, and thanks to all who have answered questions for me thus far...I am in the midst of packing, as we leave for our cruise in 13 HOURS!!!!!!
Since you're already on your way I'll answer for those others who might be wondering. We went to Nassau in May. I just found the people there very pushy abt how much they expected for a tip, etc. I think we negotiated down to $25 for the both of us for abt 20-30 min. ride. Our horse was quite chunky and in good weight, unlike alot of others you see pulling the carriages. The best carriage ride we took was in Cozumel. We saw alot more for the same price.
5/'06 Celebrity Zenith
6/'06 Carnival Legend
9/25/06 Carnival Legend
10/29/06 11 nite NCL Spirit
2/4/2007 Carnival Legend
May 14-25th, Carnival Fascination...3 B2B's
9/24/07 Carnival Miracle
11/7/07 Carnival Miracle
1/14/08 Fascination
1/18/08 Carnival Miracle (Platinum on this one!)
2/25/08 Fascination
4/21 & 4/26/08 B2B on the Imagination
Future cruises:
9/7/08 Legend
11/16/08 Legend
1/26 & 1/31 Destiny B2B