Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2007, 10:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Honeybear
Default Suggest a hotel in Tampa?

To those that live in Tampa ... what hotel do you suggest? I'd like close/on the beach but the main thing I need is transportation
from the airport to the hotel
from the hotel to the ship.port
then from the shipport back to the airport
I have a booking (Doubletree) but I just found out they don't transport to and from the ship port.

Thanks in advance.
the SENSATION

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2007, 10:34 AM
Captain

We stayed at a Days Inn on Dale Mabry. It's just down the road from the airport and provides (or did, better check) transportation to/from airport + port. Had a nice pool, frig, micro, coffee pot, in the room, and a Chilis across the street for dinner. Best of all, it was cheap like me.
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old September 22nd, 2007, 10:36 AM
Captain

BTW, we were there to sail Sensation which was replaced bu Inspiration. INCREDIBLE cruise, simply the BEST!!!
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old September 22nd, 2007, 12:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Honeybear

Thank you so much ClevelandRocks! This sounds good I'll check it out. I have a reservation at Doubletree and I just found out how they are really slack in the transportation area. And they are so much higher than the rest. I don't know where my mind was that day! .
the SENSATION

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
Old September 23rd, 2007, 05:09 AM
Captain

Try the Tampa Marriott

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...port-marriott/

This is where I stayed on my first cruise. I got to Tampa and asked for assistance to the transportation area. The skycap said he would take me there. I didn't realize he would take me to the hotel. It is actually in the airport. Nice concorse restaurants right outside the lobby area too. And, at that time the Carnival shuttles picked up there so you just had to call a bellman to take your luggage down when you are ready to head to the ship. My room looked out onto the tarmack. I enjoyed watching the planes come in and take off. I was afraid about noise but their was non.

Carol
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
Old September 23rd, 2007, 04:04 PM
First Mate

We stayed at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore hotel and really enjoyed our stay. They picked us up from the airport for free. We arranged for their shuttle to take us to the port the next morning when we checked in. I believe it cost us $5 per person. Our driver was great. The ride from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port was like a city tour.

The hotel itself was very nice. We would stay there again. Also, the hotel is walking distance (like a half block) from a great BBQ restaurant called Selmons. We ate dinner there the night we arrived and the food was really good. It's a very popular place because it was a 45 minute wait to get seated. How did we find out about it? Our hotel bus driver told us.

Great Service, Beautiful Accomodations & Friendly People...what a great way to start a vacation!

Carnival - Spirit: Alaska (August 8, 2007)
Carnival - Miracle: Exotic Western Caribbean (April 9, 2006)
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean (January 2005)
Old September 24th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Passenger

In August, we stayed at the Embassy Suites Downtown Tampa. It was less than a 1/2 mile from where the ship docks. They recommended we use Blue One Transportation to get us to the ship in the morning. It was only $5 per person and very nice. Highly recommended by me! We paid
$129.00 for the hotel and of course Embassy Suites has the great breakfast in the morning....
Old September 25th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer41
In August, we stayed at the Embassy Suites Downtown Tampa. It was less than a 1/2 mile from where the ship docks. They recommended we use Blue One Transportation to get us to the ship in the morning. It was only $5 per person and very nice. Highly recommended by me! We paid
$129.00 for the hotel and of course Embassy Suites has the great breakfast in the morning....
We are actually thinking about staying at the Howard Johnson in downtown Tampa if we reschedule the cruise. It has free shuttle to/from airport and to/from the cruise pier. Its about $100-110 a night but no free food like Embassy. Carla
Old September 26th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Beginner

Mmm... LeRoy Selmon's... The bar-b-q is sooo delicious... Mmm... I actually am going to a going-away luncheon there for a coworker tomorrow... I have been drooling since the invite was e-mailed out in anticipation...

Since I live in Tampa, I have no personal experience with hotels here. However, we do get a lot of people TDY here, and they love the area. Still have yet to hear a hotel complaint- but they're usually just happy to be away from snow in the winter! I have heard the Ho-Jo (Howard Johnson) in downtown Tampa is actually pretty nice. Me personally, though, I ALWAYS stay at Embassy Suites when I travel. I LOVE the free drinks from 5:30-7:30PM (it sure is a happy hour!) and breakfast (omelets cooked to order).

Whatever you decide, have a blast on your vacation!

Chris