Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2007, 10:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Looking for reviews on Isla de Pasion aka Passion Island

I would like to hear from anyone who has been to Passion Island off of Cozumel. It looks like a beautiful place. I think Carnival offers an excursion there and it looks like something we might enjoy. Can you do this on your own or would you suggest doing the ships excursion? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Also I would love to see any photos.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2007, 11:19 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Looking for reviews on Isla de Pasion aka Passion Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxibluz
I would like to hear from anyone who has been to Passion Island off of Cozumel. It looks like a beautiful place. I think Carnival offers an excursion there and it looks like something we might enjoy. Can you do this on your own or would you suggest doing the ships excursion? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Also I would love to see any photos.

Thanks!
My wife and I have been twice. I think this may only be available as a ship excursion. I've search the internet but haven't found where you can book it yourself. As far as photo's are concerned, just watch those Corona beer commercial's on TV. They are all filmed on Passion Island. I would book the Passion Island VIP tour. Food and a open bar are all included. BTW, this beach is not swarming with people. There was probably 40 people at most on our visit this past June. You will have a good time.
Old September 22nd, 2007, 11:34 AM
Admiral

We did the all inclusive once and thoroughly enjoyed it! The buffet lunch was very good and plentiful. The facilities were very, very clean. Not many people.

The one strange thing was that we were there shortly after Hurricane Wilma was there. The storm left at least 12" more sand on the island. All the fresh-water showers were better suited for midgets!

I would recommend it!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old September 22nd, 2007, 08:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you.!
I have since done a little research and have heard mostly positive comments and reviews. The ships excursion is 5 hours so I am hoping I can also fit some shopping somewhere in the day. We will be in Cozumel from 10am -7pm.
Old September 23rd, 2007, 09:15 AM
Admiral

I will also be doing that 5-hour Deluxe Beach Break in Cozumel in June.
Thanks for the info!
Old September 23rd, 2007, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Hi - we just went to the Deluxe VIP Isle Passion tour with Carnival last week. It was a 30 min. bus ride there and a 15 min ferry ride to the island. The island was beautiful. Not crowded at all!! This was nice! They do have little shops there and a lady goes around taking your picture which you can buy after (we didn't) but a lot did. The water was crystal clear aqua blue and absolutely beautiful. The had tables under palms, lounge chairs, hammocks, open bar, mexician buffet (not the greatest..but who can beat tampicos)?? The tour guide was EXCELLENT! We had a relaxing day on the beach. Everything was clean - no pushy people in the few stores they had (3 I think). It was a 5 hour tour and you had the option to be dropped off downtown to shop (had amost 2 hrs left). We chose to go back to the ship area as they had a bunch of stores there also. I would definitely do it again. The ONLY thing I didn't like was on the open bar, they had a tip container (as everyplace does), they brought the cook on the ferry back to the other side and he passed around his hat to put a tip in then they wanted you to tip the driver and the tour guide. It seems everywhere we went - they wanted tips. We did tip the tour guide. He was great - name was Alex. Go and enjoy the beach!! I would go back in a heartbeat!!
Old September 23rd, 2007, 06:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you all so much. It sounds like heaven! I think I will go ahead and book the excursion. I was just wondering about time for shopping after the excursion when we get back in Cozumel but looks like I will still have time for that (thanks cherylroy)...OMG now I'm all excited again! Does anyone know if there is a Margaritaville in Coz (I heard there was a new one there) and if so where is it located? Thanks again!
Old September 23rd, 2007, 10:36 PM
Admiral

There is one, but I don't know where. I just saw a few folks with Margarittavile bags
Old September 25th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Admiral

My wife and I have been to Passion Island twice and thoroughly enjoyed it. Passion Island is a fitting name for this exotic little place. With everything included in this excursion (drinks, lunch, use of beach items, etc) it is a good value.

As for tips, a dollar here or there is much cheaper than in the US or Canada for any touristy spot.

Manuel
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old September 25th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Admiral

This is true - I just feel like I have to give 5 or 10 dollars here or there. Guess a dollar here and there is ok too, huh?
Old September 25th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to territrob Send a message via Yahoo to territrob

I went to Passion Island a few weeks ago and it was so nice to be someplace so beautiful with so few people. I would definitely go back. Our guide was Hugo and he was great - very friendly and very funny. There is some shopping there but prices are cheaper in town. You have a couple of hours to shop in town after the excursion. I believe that Margaritaville is located across the street from the dock.

Old September 26th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Margaritaville

Yes there is a Margaritaville in Cozumel. We were just there 9-11-07 & that's where we spent almost the entire day! It's walking distance from the pier....when you walk to the end of the pier, through the shops located at the end, go right. Its about 3 - 4 blocks, yellow/orange colored building on the right (the entrance is like on the corner of the building not from the direction you are walking in, but you will see the sign). When you walk in, you enter the gift shop, then the restaurant....we opted to go to the outside to the deck. You have full sight of the ship, tables & bar out there. There are steps that lead you into the water where there are 2 large water trampoline's for your use. Fun but very exhausting after 1 margarita! There was also someone that came around & took pictures for $13.00. Tshirts ran about $20 and up. Food was OK, they had a DJ & people dancing in there....LOTS OF FUN....when we docked back in New Orleans, we headed straight for Margaritaville...but for a hurricane as it seems that Emberto hit the morning we returned!

Conquest, September, 2009
Fantasy, July, 2009
Fantasy, July, 2008
Fantasy, June, 2008
Fantasy, September, 2007
Ecstasy, September, 2006
Old September 26th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Margaritaville

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunCruiser
Yes there is a Margaritaville in Cozumel. We were just there 9-11-07 & that's where we spent almost the entire day! It's walking distance from the pier....when you walk to the end of the pier, through the shops located at the end, go right. Its about 3 - 4 blocks, yellow/orange colored building on the right (the entrance is like on the corner of the building not from the direction you are walking in, but you will see the sign). When you walk in, you enter the gift shop, then the restaurant....we opted to go to the outside to the deck. You have full sight of the ship, tables & bar out there. There are steps that lead you into the water where there are 2 large water trampoline's for your use. Fun but very exhausting after 1 margarita! There was also someone that came around & took pictures for $13.00. Tshirts ran about $20 and up. Food was OK, they had a DJ & people dancing in there....LOTS OF FUN....when we docked back in New Orleans, we headed straight for Margaritaville...but for a hurricane as it seems that Emberto hit the morning we returned!
Thanks! I have started collecting the Margaritaville pilsner glasses from each of their restraurants that I visit. I am hoping that besides Cozumel that we will also be rerouted to Key West (for Costa Maya) so I can get one from that Margaritaville as well. I know I can get these online from the Margaritaville site but it's not the same as bringing one home as a souvenir. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I can't wait! I searched online and found a street map of Cozumel so that, along with your directions , I think I know excatly where it is located!
Thanks again!
Old September 26th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default After Hurrican Wilma

I have heard that Wilma wiped out a lot of the trees here. For those of you who have visited post Wilma can you tell me if there was a lot of refurbishment as far as the lush tropical landscape. The pictures I have seen before the damage were just beautiful. How does it look now?

Thanks again!