Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2007, 02:28 AM
First Mate

Default What's the craziest thing that you did or happened to you?

I was doing so well on the ship that I stopped taking my Dramaine.

Then we went on an excursion. After about 30 minutes of skipping through the water in a small boat, on our way to our snorkeling destination in St. Maarten, I got really sick. I was turning green, felt really dizzy and sick to my stomach.

I was thankful that our snorkeling spot was right off shore from a private beach so I could get off the boat. I wadded to shore where I rested until I started to feel a little better. I took a few pictures and then my DH suggested that we take a little walk down the beach, which we did.

The trip back was horrible but I lived.

So now we're back home and talking about the excursion and the walk down the beach. My DH looks at me and asks, "So what did you think about the large party of nude people on the beach?" Nude people...what nude people? I didn't see any nude people. He couldn't believe that I didn't see them...said that we walked right past them. I actually thought he was kidding until I enlarged one of the pictures I took and saw the whole nude party on the right side of the picture. Apparently we did walk right past them but I was too sick to notice...(don't get excited...this picture is G rated...you can't make out any details).

So what's your story?

Carnival - Spirit: Alaska (August 8, 2007)
Carnival - Miracle: Exotic Western Caribbean (April 9, 2006)
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean (January 2005)
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2007, 06:08 AM
First Mate

It is funny now but not then... My very first cruise, I slipped in water, in the pool area, went flying airborn ( or so it felt), and landed right on top of some guy, who was asleep in his chair, I came face to face, while on top of him. I looked into his face and said hello

My husband on our first visit to St.Martin thought we were on orient beach , becasue we told the taxi driver to take us their, but after stripping, and entering the water we found out we were not at the right place.

The women next to us, dam near dropped their false teeth with their mouths open so wide.
Destiny
Norwegian Majesty
Legend
Legend
Valor
Valor again Yahoo!
Old September 27th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Passenger

In Barbados, we took the safari tour. Eight tourists each in the back of 4-wheel drive truck, blasting through the fields and forests around the island. One of the trucks in our convoy of 5 ran off the trail and got stuck in a ditch. We all had to get out and help pull the stuck truck out. One of our passengers was a French Canadian that spoke no English, so his wife translated for him. He was the 'bartender' for our vehicle, dispensing rum punch from a gallon jug, provided by the tour company. By the end of the tour, everyone was falling down drunk, soaking wet from the rainstorms we encountered, and the best of friends! I ended up ruining my $300 camera from the rain, but I got some pics that are priceless. I also dropped my sail and sign card on the gangway leading to the ship, and it missed going into the water by mere inches. The next day I felt like crap and we were touring Martinique, one of the stops being a rum factory. I almost lost my lunch smelling the rum being processed. Uhhhhh.

That was about as wild as I've been on a cruise at least.
Old September 27th, 2007, 05:17 PM
First Mate

I was in Japan. I was very sick of the food so I was trying to catch a cab to McDonalds.

I tried over and over to explain where I wanted to go. We tried Mcdonalds, Hamburger, Golden Arches, no luck.

I took out a pencil and drew what I though look like golden arches. To the cab driver it looked like a butt. He smiled shaking his head up and down and said Ho House...

I eat more raw fish that night

Brian

Sensation
Old September 29th, 2007, 12:19 AM
First Mate

Brian

Rhapsody of the Seas - long ago, in a galaxy far away!
Ecstasy - Jan. 2007
Conquest - Sept. 2007 cruisemates 4Bs
Ecstasy - Jan. 2008
Old September 29th, 2007, 12:22 AM
First Mate

Does walking through the men's locker room thinking it's an exit count (being a woman?!) I had the spa attendant chasing after me saying..."ma'am, uh, ma'am, that's the men's room!"

Rhapsody of the Seas - long ago, in a galaxy far away!
Ecstasy - Jan. 2007
Conquest - Sept. 2007 cruisemates 4Bs
Ecstasy - Jan. 2008
Old September 29th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Solo_Cruiser79

Well this embarrassing as well as funny in february I cruised on the regal empress for a two day two night cruise I really did not what to expect because I have never been on a boat before in my life.

Well to make a long story short wehn me and my mom got two Nassau we decided to do the glass bottom boat tour which in my opinons sucks for the price that we paid but anyway getting to the point while on the boat I almost fell into the water god thing the man grabbed me.
Old September 29th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpm
I was in Japan. I was very sick of the food so I was trying to catch a cab to McDonalds.

I tried over and over to explain where I wanted to go. We tried Mcdonalds, Hamburger, Golden Arches, no luck.

I took out a pencil and drew what I though look like golden arches. To the cab driver it looked like a butt. He smiled shaking his head up and down and said Ho House...

I eat more raw fish that night

Brian
What a riot!