Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Passenger

Default best Cozumel Beach/Snorkel place

We are not planning to do a ship excursion. Any advice on a good beach snorkel place to hang out. Hubby wants to restful day at beach, I would like to do some snorkeling from the beach (no boats). Would prefer one that included lunch and drinks.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2007, 09:59 AM
First Mate

By included, do you mean with the price?

We did Chankanaab. The water is gorgeous there and the snorkeling was good. A lot of coral was still not built up after Wilma, but they have interesting things to find the water.

Friends did Paradise Beach (i think that is what it is called) and they had a great time, too. Both places had food and mas cervesas.
Old September 30th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I second the park (Chankanaab) It has a little bit of something, for everyone.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 30th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Passenger

We did Paradise Beach in August. BEAUTIFUL PLACE!!!! The water was gorgeous, there's snorkeling, kayaking, food, drinks, etc. It's only $9.00 per person if you want to use the water activities. The cab ride from where the ship docks was only $12 for the four of us. I would have loved to spend MORE time there.
Old September 30th, 2007, 11:01 PM
First Mate

Either Chankanaab or Paradise Beach are great choices. We have been to Chankanaab many times and like it there. A few weeks ago we went to Paradise because friends of ours loved it. We had such a great time there.
The cab drive from town in Cozumel was $13 plus tip for 1-4 people. There was no entrance fee at Paradise, but the owner just wants everyone to spend at least $9 per person on food, drinks, or water activities, etc. Like the previous poster mentioned if you are interested, for $9 you have use of all their water activities like snorkeling, kayaking, the climbing ice cube, trampolines, floating mats, etc. There are also shops there and places to get a massage. They have a nice restaurant and bar area. On the beach you will find lots of lounge chairs with umbrellas and tables (no charge). They have nice restroom facilities and lockers. They will serve you drinks and food on the beach if you prefer. We had some of their frozen drinks which were really good. We also ordered their nachos which were wonderful! There is a website for both Chankannab and Paradise where you can get a general idea of what both places are like. It wasn't very crowded there are few weeks ago, but that is because the kids are all back in school.

We liked Paradise so much, my husband booked a 5-day cruise for us in January just so we could go back there.

I know you will have fun at either place.

Happy Cruising,

Sherrie
Ecstasy 12/12/09,Conquest 4/12/09, Conquest 4/19/09,Conquest 2/09, Pride 10/08, Ecstasy 1/08, Miracle 3/08, Miracle 4/08, Miracle 5/06, Conquest 12/08, Conquest 9/07, Conquest 4/07, Conquest 8/03, Destiny 5/05, Adv of Seas 5/05, Elation 12/04, Jubilee 4/03, Sensation 6/00, Celebration 5/93, Celebration 6/92,Holiday 5/92, Tropical 3/90, NCL--Windward, Skyward, Sunward
Old October 1st, 2007, 08:13 AM
Beginner

Here is a link for beaches on Cozumel. My husband and I were going to go to Chankanaub last Dec. and the cabbie suggested Mr. Sanchos. The cab ride was $15. each way, but no entry fee. It was a beautiful place with changing rooms, bathrooms, showers, lockers a covered restaurant area, lounge chairs(no charge) and a sandy bottom beach. We loved it and would never pay to go to Chankanaub again. I do think Chank is worth going to once. You can share cab rides. We did it with one or two other people and split the cost by half or thirds. You might not want to advertise it to the cabbie. Just make you groups and get your money together. Mr. Sanchos was very clean and we felt very safe. It is just one or two stops past Chank.http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html