CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Miami airport to Carnival Cruise ship (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/340687-miami-airport-carnival-cruise-ship.html)

AKtoFL October 3rd, 2007 06:28 PM

Miami airport to Carnival Cruise ship

Suggestions on where to stay and how to get to termnial. Party of 15-17 people. What economical????????? Any hotels reasonable provide airport and port shuttles free?

Irish Girl October 4th, 2007 07:29 PM

I always stay at the Holiday Inn downtown across from Bayside Marketplace. They don't have a shuttle, but taxi's cost a flat rate of $24 from airport to downtown hotels. Taxi from the hotel to the port are around $8. We usually cruise with a group of 60+ and always use taxi's.

I don't think many of the downtown hotels have free shuttles. You might try the Intercontinental Hotel or the Marriott Biscayne Bay. From what I've read, the hotels out by the airport have free shuttles to the port. But there's nothing to do out there.

Bayside Marketplace has lots of restaurants, shopping, music, tours of millionaires row by boat, etc.

Scott C October 6th, 2007 08:36 AM

Where ever you stay, DO NOT STAY AT THE DAYS INN near the port. We stayed here because our travel agent said they had a shuttle we could take to the port. The rooms were very dirty and loaded with roaches. I have heard good things (postings) about the Holiday Inn. We will be staying there next time we cruise out of Miami.
Good Luck and Happy Cruising. 8)

AKtoFL October 6th, 2007 09:10 AM

Days Inn

Do you know anything about Days Inn Miami airport north or Days Inn Westland Mall?

planb October 7th, 2007 06:40 PM

We just booked the Marriott Courtyard That is opening in Nov. Used our points but they have shuttle to and from the airport and should also have shuttle to the peer. Worth a call . We thought it was great to have all shuttles right there. Also brand new hotel !

David West October 7th, 2007 07:11 PM

PlanB, that sounds good. The wife and I will be sailing on the Liberty Aug.23'rd.
In May 2006, we stayed at the Down Town Holiday Inn. Wonderful service, clean rooms, and as Irish Girl stated, The Bayside Market Place is just across the street. We had a wonderful time there @ Forest Gump's Seafood Place. :)

You want have any problems getting a taxi to the port, from the hotel.

Happy Sailing to all; :D
David

beenie weenie October 7th, 2007 08:47 PM

We stayed at the Radisson on Biscayne Blvd. last week and it does have a great view of the port and it is exciting to see the ships come in and leave... BUT, it is not up to snuff if the cleanliness department. The first room they put us in was pretty gross, it smelled musty, had someone's hair and schmutz in the tub. The kids found the most disgusting pair of socks under the bed and so I went down and explained that I would not be staying in that room and was hoping they might possibly have another room that was cleaner. Luckily they did. It wasn't great, but it was tolerable. I was wishing we had stayed at the Marriott instead or stayed in Naples an extra day and just drove in the morning of the cruise. Oh well live and learn, right?