Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2007, 06:28 PM
Passenger

Default Miami airport to Carnival Cruise ship

Suggestions on where to stay and how to get to termnial. Party of 15-17 people. What economical????????? Any hotels reasonable provide airport and port shuttles free?
Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2007, 07:29 PM
First Mate

I always stay at the Holiday Inn downtown across from Bayside Marketplace. They don't have a shuttle, but taxi's cost a flat rate of $24 from airport to downtown hotels. Taxi from the hotel to the port are around $8. We usually cruise with a group of 60+ and always use taxi's.

I don't think many of the downtown hotels have free shuttles. You might try the Intercontinental Hotel or the Marriott Biscayne Bay. From what I've read, the hotels out by the airport have free shuttles to the port. But there's nothing to do out there.

Bayside Marketplace has lots of restaurants, shopping, music, tours of millionaires row by boat, etc.

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old October 6th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Passenger

Where ever you stay, DO NOT STAY AT THE DAYS INN near the port. We stayed here because our travel agent said they had a shuttle we could take to the port. The rooms were very dirty and loaded with roaches. I have heard good things (postings) about the Holiday Inn. We will be staying there next time we cruise out of Miami.
Good Luck and Happy Cruising. 8)
Old October 6th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Passenger

Default Days Inn

Do you know anything about Days Inn Miami airport north or Days Inn Westland Mall?
Old October 7th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Familiar Face

We just booked the Marriott Courtyard That is opening in Nov. Used our points but they have shuttle to and from the airport and should also have shuttle to the peer. Worth a call . We thought it was great to have all shuttles right there. Also brand new hotel !
Old October 7th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

PlanB, that sounds good. The wife and I will be sailing on the Liberty Aug.23'rd.
In May 2006, we stayed at the Down Town Holiday Inn. Wonderful service, clean rooms, and as Irish Girl stated, The Bayside Market Place is just across the street. We had a wonderful time there @ Forest Gump's Seafood Place.

You want have any problems getting a taxi to the port, from the hotel.

Happy Sailing to all;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old October 7th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Admiral

We stayed at the Radisson on Biscayne Blvd. last week and it does have a great view of the port and it is exciting to see the ships come in and leave... BUT, it is not up to snuff if the cleanliness department. The first room they put us in was pretty gross, it smelled musty, had someone's hair and schmutz in the tub. The kids found the most disgusting pair of socks under the bed and so I went down and explained that I would not be staying in that room and was hoping they might possibly have another room that was cleaner. Luckily they did. It wasn't great, but it was tolerable. I was wishing we had stayed at the Marriott instead or stayed in Naples an extra day and just drove in the morning of the cruise. Oh well live and learn, right?

Read and post cruise reviews