CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Wedding on Cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/340735-wedding-cruise.html)

JLI219 October 4th, 2007 05:48 PM

Wedding on Cruise

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has got married on a cruise ship or witnessed a wedding on a ship. What were your thoughts on it? I've been on the Valor and Inspiration but don't recall seeing a chapel on the ships. Are the weddings performed in a chapel on the ships? Any info passed on is much appreciated.

lumofny October 4th, 2007 06:08 PM

I just got off Miracle on Tuesday from an 8 day cruise and atleast two couples got married while onboard. The ceremony takes place in the chapel and as far as I could see, the reception took place in a private room off from the dining room.

Check out this forum for tips and advice in planning a wedding at sea:http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=56

ocbeachgirl October 5th, 2007 09:55 PM

My niece got married during our 8 day cruise on Miracle. There was a group of about 30 of us - all family and friends. We cruised to St. Thomas (Stopped at San Juan first) where she got married on the beach. It was so beautiful and what a wonderful time we all had. I would recommend it for my daughter and son.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

jlauntz October 6th, 2007 09:55 PM

My son got married in ST. Thomas while on an 8 day cruise on the Liberty. All arrangements we through Carnival and their associates. They were married at Bluebeards Castle, everything was more than I could have expected. I would recommend it to anyone.

adias.angel October 8th, 2007 10:00 AM

I know a couple that renewed thier vows, it was very beautiful.

You can book a wedding off ship at a port through carnival. The secret is that they actually book through another coordinator at the port. If you Google coordinators for that port you will find some great deals plus the ones that carnival use usually list it right on their website.

Are you looking at a specific port? Carla ;)

JLI219 October 8th, 2007 10:31 AM

Thank you all who've responded so far. The one thing I worry about booking a wedding in a port versus on the ship is the itinerary changing. I was on the Valor and we were to go to Nassau, St.Thomas, and to St. Martin in this order. It changed to St. Thomas, St. Martin, to Nassua. So there was a slight change.

Jeff

adias.angel October 8th, 2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLI219
Thank you all who've responded so far. The one thing I worry about booking a wedding in a port versus on the ship is the itinerary changing.

It shouldn't be a problem as long as you stay away from hurricane season. January and February would be great times to get deals on cruises. ;)

DreadLockCruiser October 8th, 2007 03:39 PM

I got married on Carnival Sensation. We got married in Port, our wedding was held in a beautiful lounge, nicely decorated for the wedding. We had a small package so our cake cuttin and champane toast was in the same room. After the wedding we had a private portrait session around the ship, I can't tell you how gorgeous my wedding pictures were. This was also both of our third marriages/weddings, we wanted something special, that is exactly what we got. Oh and being a bride who has planned three weddings of my own in my lifetime, that was by far the easiest, most carefree wedding. All of the packages were great value for the money and could be modified to my specific taste.

I think the larger ships do have a chapel.

Feel free to ask any specific questions you might have

JLI219 October 8th, 2007 03:50 PM

Dreadlock Cruiser,

Thanks for the info. What Port did you get married in? Like you, we are looking for something small but also nice. Since your wedding was in port, did you book it through Carnival or separately?

Thanks,
Jeff

DreadLockCruiser October 8th, 2007 03:59 PM

I got married in Port Canaveral. Both our families are from this area and we wanted guest who wouldn't actually be able to sail, to be able to come to the wedding. It wasnt all worryfree, our wedding was postponed a day due to Hurricane Jeanne that caused us to leave the port a day late. I would advise not planning a wedding during hurricane season, destination wedding planners here in the states do not even book weddings then, too many variables, too much stress.

We booked through Carnival Weddings. I got the small package, $800 on top of our cruise fair. That allowed 8 guest, but they were nice to me and let me have 11. I guess it was because most of my guest were going on the cruise with us. Our package included, flowers, cake, music(but I brought my own), Officiant, Decorations, Coordinator, glasses, cake cutter, topper, unity candles, basically everything we needed for a beautiful wedding.

I felt like a princess with 2000 guest giving us well wishes and telling me how beautiful It was...Priceless.

AKcruiser October 15th, 2007 01:19 AM

My neice is getting in St Thomas Jan 2. she choose a beach wedding at Emerald beach Resort. It will be a small wedding with about 11 of us there.

AKcruiser

lifeisschool October 15th, 2007 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreadLockCruiser
After the wedding we had a private portrait session around the ship, I can't tell you how gorgeous my wedding pictures were.
Feel free to ask any specific questions you might have

My dd is having a church wedding in January and will be going on the Ecstasy for her honeymoon. When dh and I were on the Conquest last month, I stumbled upon an actual portrait studio where a bride and groom were getting pics taken. Do you know if Ecstasy has a portrait studio? She would love to bring her wedding dress and get some pics on the ship.

Rirruto October 15th, 2007 08:09 PM

I was on the Imagination in April and walked by the lounge where they have karaoke and they were having the wedding there. It looked like the reception was in the dance club. Not really how I envision my wedding but whatever floats your boat.

suseg October 16th, 2007 06:04 PM

DH and I are planning a Vow Renewal ceremony and reception while on our cruise next year (all of our children and grandchildren will be cruising with us). We will be on the Conquest, leaving from Galveston, as it happens my Matron of Honor lives just across the ferry on the Bolivar Peninsula so we are hoping that we can have the ceremony and reception aboard....before sailing...and that she will be allowed to attend. I haven't read all of the information so I'm not quite sure if non-cruisers are allowed onboard for weddings (I know that they are no longer allowed on for other occassions of "just because") but if she isn't I might just have to pay for her to take the trip with us.