Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Triumph Dining room questions

Sailing Carnival Triumph. If you have 6:15 dinner time are there specific breakfast and lunch times or is it open seating for breakfast and lunch? Also formal nights attire for children? Also resort casual nights can children wear shorts in the dining room? Which nights are formal nights?
Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Admiral

You may eat breakfast or lunch in the dining room at anytime during the specified dining times in the capers (do read the capers, there is a wealth of info here) For my son I brought a couple pairs of cotton slacks and button down shirts that could be mixed and matched for dinner on non-formal nights. For my daughter I packed sundresses for her to wear. It was simple. I also brought a Tide stain stick, just in case they get something on their clothes so I didn't have to do laundry because they missed their mouths a time or two lol.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 8th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to jack124

formal nights were monday and thursday
Old October 8th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I recommend the dining room for breakfast for sure, as for lunch, go at 11 or wait until 1 or later to have lunch because it is crazy with everyone wanting to eat at 12. In St. Thomas I was back on the ship (after shopping for an hour and a half) and had lunch at early and it was nice because there weren't many people onboard at that time. I left at noon for my 12:30 excursion with a satisfied tummy instead of starving...

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old October 8th, 2007, 05:45 PM
First Mate

The dinning room didn't server lunch on most of the days in port. The buffet and specialty food station were open their usual hours. Dinning room Breakfast was servered every day except the last.

We never had to wait to be seated in the dining rooms and the service was almost always prompt.

It is a good idea to arrive about 5 minutes late for dinner though because a lot of people line up outside waiting for the room to open, but after about 5 minutes you can walk right in without waiting.

I was surprised about how dressed up most everyone was in the dinning room last week on the Triumph. I don't know if people in general are dressing up more, or if it was just the particular crowd on this sailing.