Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Passenger

Default Coral World/Coki Beach

Can you take public transportation to and from Coral World/Coki Beach? Is it scheduled or do you wait till it fills up before taking off? Is Coral World worth the price? Price of public transportation and where to find it?
Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Admiral

We took a cab to Coki Beach/Coral world no problem. $10. You leave when you want to and come back when you want. You catch a cab right off of the dock. They will be there waiting.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old October 9th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Cab costs have gone up recently we discovered and it is now $9 per person from the port to Coki Beach, it is now regulated by the government and the drivers all charge the same. We just went to Coral World and Coki Beach last week and we thoroughly enjoyed both. One of the funnest things we did while we were there is to take dog biscuits with us and feed the fish at the beach. We had tons of cool fish around us and got some great pictures. Coral World has lots of cool things, make sure you stick around and watch them feed the fish.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 9th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenie weenie
Cab costs have gone up recently we discovered and it is now $9 per person from the port to Coki Beach.
I paid $10 pp from town and $11 back to the Caribbean Princess which docks a little further than Carnival ships. We were there the end of January 07

$9 sounds cheap to me.

We also tipped on top of the $10 and $11.
Old October 9th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Passenger

I know you can take taxi's but we have 17 people so that gets expensive. Who knows about public transpotation and has done it? I was glad to hear beenie weenie enjoyed coral world and coki beach as that is where we decided to go also.
Old October 9th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Admiral

I am not aware of any public transportation available to Coki, but what you might consider is contacting a private tour operator such as Sunny Liston tours and see if they will give you a deal on transportation to and from the beach/ They have vehicles more than large enough to handle your group, you just need to negotiate a price so you're not paying so much. They have a pretty good reputation and are easily found online just go to sunnylistontoursdotcom.

Old October 9th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I planned to take a tour that did Coral World, and I followed through. I went to the site, looked at what there is and so on. I was truly disappointed when I got there to find out how small it is. It was a bit boring to see the feeding of the stingray, if I had actually fed the stingray two days before at Half Moon Cay, but the quirks of some of the stingrays made it interesting. One has a habit of squirting water at the feeders if she doesn't get fed.

I was so hyped to see it I was let down when I got there. I walked around and saw everything, but I would definetly not go there again, I'd do a snorkling tour instead.

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old October 9th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Admiral

Ak if you give me a little time I will try to post some of our photos from Coral World here in the gallery. Luckily, you have done your homework and will know that if you prefer to snorkel all you have to do is walk down the steps to the beach and go snorkelling. Coki has some of the best snorkelling around and Peter at Coki Beach Divers will rent equipment to you if you don't bring your own. He also hs a wonderful discover scuba tour and it is fun. Whe we did it last year we saw Barracuda and a moray eel amongst other critters.If you walk all the way to the end of the beach there are some places that rent lounges and will sell you fish food so you can attract lots of fish while you snorkel. I can easily spend the entire day at Coki.
Speaking of the Stingrays at HMC, I was really sad to see they were not allowed to swim freely and were kept in a small pen. We loved swimming with the stingrays and sharks in Belize, but they were wild and great fun. It just made me very sad to see these really cool creatures pinned up. One of the reasons that we liked Coral World so much was that we have two small kids who love being able to get upclose with the marine life, but not so close it is scary. Here they not only got to see these creatures, but got to touch them too. It was great when they sent a diver down to feed the fish while we watched from the underwater observatory. We saw some really cool fish and the kids were hypnotized. They have a couple of pair of Sea Turtles and we loved hearing how they were rescued as hatchlings and came to live at Coral World. The sharks where cool too as they had a reef shark just like the one we saw in HMC and were able to identify it. For us it exciting, but truthfully I can imagine it might be a bit tame for adults travelling together, but for folks like me with small kids and I home school them, so this is extremely educational, it is just what the doctor ordered. Truthfully though I admit it, I enjoyed it too and I am glad to support a group that works to rescue these really cool critters and educate kids.

Old October 10th, 2007, 06:23 AM
Passenger

did the Coral World/Magens Bay excursion in August -- was not impressed with Coral World at all. I was expecting something much more than that. It was okay... but not worth the price in my opinion.
Old October 10th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Passenger

We have 14 people in my group and found www.viscenictours.com, for $300.00 per day, the taxi will pick us up the sec the ship lands and gets us back any time we want. The site indicates that they will go anywhere the group wants. The taxi is ours for the day. After some research, this was a great way to get the group around St. Thomas. VI Scenic Tours. I can let you know how it goes after November 16th. All my research showed that it was $10.00 per person from dock to Coki and $10 per person back. Check it out.