Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Passenger

Default MORE ID Troubles

Geez, I wish I would have know this earlier. I read the website for Texas & did not see anywhere wher it takes 2 - 4 weeks to get your license in the mail. In IN, we got them right there in the office. So now, I have NO picture ID & my cruise leaves Nov 12. I have a temp. license from Texas but they don't put pics on them. They make you give up your old license therefore I have no pic ID. I was goign to apply for my passport today btu can't becuase I dont' have a license. If I don't get my license before the cruise, am I goign to have trouble getting on the ship? I'm gonna call the Carnival but wondered what you all thought. I am wondering if this cruising thing will be worth all this trouble. I would have had to get my TX license anyway but woudln't be stressing about getting it quickly.
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I suggest going to the closest DMV and getting the license there instead of waiting for the mail. I live in a large city and have locations all over where anyone can get, for a fee, a duplicate license.

Same with passports, I have a passport office a block away from where I work, so renewing my passport next year will be a breeze.

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

failing that: I would try and get ANY piece of government issued ID whether it just be an identity card or whatever.
Old October 10th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Admiral

Not to worry, I feel sure that you will have your new TDL in time for your November cruise! I have a TDL, can I go in your place?

Seriously, I really believe it will arrive by then.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old October 11th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Passenger

I did apply in person for my licnse....Texas does not issue them on the spot, they only mail them. I think I should get it before I leave Nov 12th but am worried that that is really close to the 4 week mark.

I did call Carnival & they said to bring my birthcertificate but that I HAD to have a picture id as well....they said to go to a WalGreens and get a picture id there. That doesn't seem like it would work but I will get one if I have to. I do have a copy of my old license though, that may help.
Thanks for all of your help!
Pam
Old October 11th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by spbair
I did apply in person for my licnse....Texas does not issue them on the spot, they only mail them. I think I should get it before I leave Nov 12th but am worried that that is really close to the 4 week mark.

I did call Carnival & they said to bring my birthcertificate but that I HAD to have a picture id as well....they said to go to a WalGreens and get a picture id there. That doesn't seem like it would work but I will get one if I have to. I do have a copy of my old license though, that may help.
Thanks for all of your help!
Pam
If you have your old license with a picture, and proof that you have applied for a new license, I would hope that as long as the birthdates and names are the same as the one on your birth certificate you should be OK.

When we were boarding the Victory last year I was in a panic because I couldn't find my license. I had the birth certificate, and knew I had needed my license to board the plane but was so afraid that I wouldn't be able to get on the ship. My hubby went to talk to security and by the time he came back to tell me that they said as long as I had my BC I would get on, I found the license.

The Walgreen thing seems like an inexpensive way to go just to be safe, though.

Holiday - 1986
Festivale - 1987
Destiny - 2004, 2005, 2006
Victory - 2007

http://community.webshots.com/user/h...host=community - Destiny and Victory photos
on the Victory for our son's 21st bday!