CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Valor Balcony question (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/341031-carnival-valor-balcony-question.html)

Cassandra October 11th, 2007 11:53 AM

Carnival Valor Balcony question

Does anyone know who has been on this ship on decks 6, 7 & 8 at the very back end of the ship on both corners, are these balcony rooms? If so, are they larger than the regular balcony rooms? How is the engine noise, if any?

Does anyone know the square footage of the balcony rooms? I looked here & on Carnivals' website & their catalog, & can't find any measurements. So I'm coming to the experts here. :D

Thanks guys!!!!

jleq October 11th, 2007 01:03 PM

This free part of the cruisestaterooms.com tells you a bit about the Valor's balconies:
http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Ma...pscarnival.php

Cassandra October 11th, 2007 03:43 PM

You rock! Great site! Thanks for the info!! :D

nobuns October 12th, 2007 10:29 AM

Valor

We were in room 8164aft and it was smaller than tne other cabins on the aft. But there was no noise. But no matter were you are on the ship there are certain things you are going to miss seeing. :o

AKcruiser October 15th, 2007 12:50 AM

In my humble opinion, the L shaped rooms on the Upper deck are the best cat 8 balcony rooms. The bathroom isn't in the hallway by the cabin door like it is in other rooms. it is by the balcony door. The balcony is double the size of a regular cat 8 room. The room numbers are:6442,6450,6473, 6481

AKcruiser

REDWITCH 13 October 22nd, 2007 03:30 PM

Balconies

I read the information on the extended balconies on the Valor in the back of the ship. The question I have is:
Can all the balconies be connected as one big balcony? Our group has all 6 of them and we would like to know if we can have all the doors opened and we can go from cabin 8450 to cabin 8457?
Is there any way of finding this out?
Thank you
Darlene

SACRUISER October 22nd, 2007 06:47 PM

IF THEY CAN BE OPENED, THEY WILL ONLY DO SO, WHILE IN PORT. INQUIRE WITH THE PURSER'S OFFICE.

REDWITCH 13 October 22nd, 2007 07:31 PM

SACRUISER:
Do you know why while only in Port? I wonder if they will leave them like that if we all ask this? Good question to ask the Purser. Thanks
Darlene

Bobby_G October 22nd, 2007 07:40 PM

Re: Balconies

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDWITCH 13
I read the information on the extended balconies on the Valor in the back of the ship. The question I have is:
Can all the balconies be connected as one big balcony? Our group has all 6 of them and we would like to know if we can have all the doors opened and we can go from cabin 8450 to cabin 8457?
Is there any way of finding this out?
Thank you
Darlene

MOST of the time, your cabin steward will open the partitions for you. I would ask him/her rather than the pursers office.

REDWITCH 13 October 22nd, 2007 07:48 PM

Bobby G:
Our Vacation Planner told us to ask the Cabin Steward also. We do know that the balconies are connecting to one other and can be opened between two, we just don't know if they all can be opened to make one big one??? We are a group of 37 and it sure would be nice to be able to all be together out there.... :roll:

Thanks for the information
Darlene

SACRUISER October 22nd, 2007 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDWITCH 13
SACRUISER:
Do you know why while only in Port? I wonder if they will leave them like that if we all ask this? Good question to ask the Purser. Thanks
Darlene

Not sure why, but that's what I was told when I inquired about having our balcony door opened so we could relax with our friends in the next cabin. In our case it looked like bolts and hinges would need to be reversed to secure the door once it was opened.

REDWITCH 13 October 23rd, 2007 07:29 AM

I see, that puts a different light on this. Here I am thinking that the PARTIIONS can all be removed for one big balcony on the back of the ship (I was mislead) not from anyone here, someone else.

So what you are saying is: The doors may all be able to be opened, just not the removal of the whole section?

Thanks for replying
Darlene

SACRUISER October 23rd, 2007 07:55 AM

Yes, unfortunately the partition frames will still be there.

REDWITCH 13 October 23rd, 2007 07:58 AM

That was most helpful. Thank you so much. I knew I would get the answers I needed. :)
Darlene