Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 13th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Default need tips for an inner/inner 1a cabin

has anyone here had an upper/lower berth 1a cabin? I'll be on Fascination.
floridanamaw emailed me a photo of that sort of cabin and it looks cute but of course a little smaller than the catetory 6b OV my son and I had on Sensation. What can I expect being in that rear middle hallway?

I got a 137% singles supplement rate to have a cabin to myself. I don't expect to be in there other than to sleep, shower and change clothes.
I hope I don't get a little claustrophobic when I AM in there.

Should I bring along a rolled up poster or two of the ocean to tape on the walls? What do you do for a inner room to make it seem more like an outer room? I'd appreciate any tips!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Beginner

Michelle,
I sailed solo on Sensation in September and had the upper/lower inside cabin. It has plenty of space, drawers, closet, and shelves, you wont need a shoe holder, bungee cord or duct tape(lol) I didnt feel closed in at all, there is a fake window with a curtain next to the bed so you could open the curtain and hang your posters there. Or turn on the tv with the deck cam on and that can be your window. I spent very little time in my cabin but it was quiet, and I slept like a log when I was there. I had a wonderful time cruising solo, I was almost never alone, I met so many people they were almost fighting over me to join them. Definately go to the single meet and greet even if you arent single. I did that the first night and hung out with the people I met there the rest of the cruise. Have a great time!
Bo
Old October 13th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Admiral

Bring/use a night light of some sort . It gets dark. Cabin actuallly seems a litle bigger than a 4a [or similar] cabin. Granted, it's a bit smaller. But without the "footprint" of the additional bed, it seems a bit larger.
Old October 13th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I would suggest upgrading. I will wait for a sale to come on to book my cruise for next September. I want to do the same route again, but I refuse to have anything less than a Cat 8A cabin, even then I want a 8C, 8D, or 8E cabin. The reasoning is, if I wait for a upgrade sale, I can go for much cheaper than booking at the rate they quote.

My most recent cruise was booked six months in advance (much longer than I normall would wait), but there was an amazing sale (8A to 8E upgrade) that could not be passed up and the ship I wanted was on there, so I did it!

I have had an oceanview upper/lower cabin and if you are alone, no worries, if you're with someone, UGH!!!!! bunk beds are not for me! However, in 1991 there wasn't much other options but to book a single share cabin....had a horrible cabin mate!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old October 13th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Admiral

Of all of my cruises listed all but the first two were solo (last one was with a singles cruise but I had my own cabin). About 50% of the time I was upgraded to a Cat 4 something or the other. However, I have always had an inside room on my solo adventures. It was fine. The sleeping was great and that pesky sunshine is not creeping under your curtain to wake you up in the morning.

I doubt if you will be claustrophobic. If you are, turn on the TV to the webcam or just open your cabin door for a spell. However, you will not be in your cabin enough to be bothered.

I personally loved my Cat 1A (1426 - Riviera Deck) on the Liberty. It was at least as large as any other inside or oceanview and may have been larger. It had three closets and a closet of shelves plus the drawers on the desk. There was also an armchair, a minifrig, a tv table and a stool for the desk. From now on it is my cabin location of choice. No more 1a guarantees if I can get this cabin or its sister cabin 1435 on the other side of the ship. Also, on the main deck there are two Cat 1A's that each have two picture windows. They are usually number 2465 and 2462. They are at the very back of the ship. I hear they are also to die for.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)