Can anyone that has been on a RCI and CCL cruise tell me about the differences they have found? I just got back from a CCL cruise yesterday and several people on the boat was saying they preferred RCI. I have been on a RCI cruise in the past but wondered if things were different now? Does all the RCI cruises have sail away deck parties?? The last 3 CCL cruises we have been on has not done this and the one big deck party they have doesn't start till 11 30 pm and really only lasts less than a hour. There are always a lot of people still on deck and they just stop the music and dancing. It seems like if a lot of people are stilll paricipating they would keep the party going?
Disney Wonder 04/02
Carnival Pride 12/02
Mariner of the Seas 03/04
Carnival Celebration 03/06
Carnival Fantasy 12/06
Carnival Fantasy 04/07
Carnival Glory 10/07
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2008
Carnival Fascination Oct 2008
Carnival Holiday April 2009
Carnival Dream Dec 2009
Carnival Triumph Jan 2010
Carnival Dream May 2010
Carnival Elation Jan 2011
Carnival Triumph May 2011
Carnival Fascination Feb 2012
Carnival Conquest 12/09/12
Carnival Fascination 01/06/13
I was hoodwinked into think I was stepping up. Turns out they offer the same fine product as Carnival, but they have the nicer ship. And a nicer pool.
Carnival definately has the FUN.
Besides that everything was practically the same, although I find the food on Carnival better.
Past Cruises: Explorer of the Seas 2008 Explorer of the Seas 2007 Carnival Victory 2007 Explorer of the Seas 2006 Legend 2005 Miracle 2004 Disney Wonder 2004; Pride 2003 Legend 2002 Disney Wonder 2002 Destiny 2001 Victory 2000 Triumph 1999 Jubilee 1998 Imagination 1997 Imagination 1996 Fascination 1995 Ecstasy 1993 Fantasy 1990 Jubilee 1990 NCL Seaward 1989 Jubilee 1988
I made a few observations when comparing Carnival to RCCL and I swear they have nothing to do with butt cheeks or dimes.
1.Carnival's food is much better. RCCL's ranch steak should only be used for a door stop, or if your shoes need new soles in an emergency
2. RCCL has a better flow to their buffet with their "station concept" fewer lines and less congestion.
3. RCCL has much nicer pool areas.
4. Carnival had much larger cabins.
5. For kids my children's age (2-7) Carnival's kids clubs are perfect. However, I did appreciate the in-cabin babysitting on RCCL, which we utilized because they didn't encourage the little one's to slumber at late night sitting on RCCL, they were a bunch of party anumals and had activities planned until the wee hours.
6. The hours are more flexible of Carnival's buffet and drink stations and they were much better at keeping things like coffee, cups, silverware etc. stocked.
7. Speaking of coffee...RCCL's has the WORST coffee I have ever tasted in my life and the machines were out of order most of the time, so they put the coffee in these big urns with a flame under it and it was usually cold.