Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Familiar Face

Default Online Reservation

Just wondering what online website do most of you use to book your cruise/vacation? I book through Carnivals website. I'm always leery about not booking through the company I am vacationing with because I feel some of those websites are not legit and would loose my money.
Sponsored Links
Old October 15th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

You need to take that leap of faith..There are many many travel sites that have been around for years now, and heave given great service and pricing, which is almost always better than the line will give you.

A ta, will provide you the service you need, if problems arise... will adjust your price, when the cruise line does. Their service is invaluable.

You can transfer your cruise from the line to an agent as well. Check our avertisers, as well as our Cruisemate group cruises, to get the names of web based travel agents..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 15th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

I get great rates on Travelocity and I like the layout a lot better than the Carnival website. The Carnival site needs updating in my eyes.

Carnival Liberty November 30-December 7, 2013
Carnival Liberty
March 2-March 9, 2013

Carnival Legend November 27-December 4, 2011
Carnival Miracle September 28-October 6 2010
Carnival Victory December 9-16, 2007
Carnival Imagination April 28-May 3, 2007
Carnival Fascination April 24-28, 2006
Carnival Fascination July 10-17, 1999
Old October 15th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Admiral

try the big sites (Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, and HotWire) and some of the cruise specific ones ( Cruisecomplete, ECruise, and Cruisesonly, for ex) just to get a feel for price and availability. Some sites throw in extras for certain bookings and there is a price difference sometimes.
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old October 16th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Admiral

I have not used the websites to purchase my cruises in the past. I use them to do my investigations and research and then I call an actual person to schedule the cruise. That way, I have information and they have information and we can meet in the middle.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old October 16th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Online Reservation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLI219
Just wondering what online website do most of you use to book your cruise/vacation? I book through Carnivals website. I'm always leery about not booking through the company I am vacationing with because I feel some of those websites are not legit and would loose my money.
You can surf all the web sites, and check ball park pricing, but they online agencies never advertise their best available price anymore. If you see agencies you feel look like they have something you may be interested, call or e mail to find out what the "true, bottom line price" would be.

If you are booking directly ON any online site, through their booking agency, you're just paying rack rate, and I wouldn't recommend doing that on Carnival's web site, or any other Travel agent or cruise line web site.

Call or email.... make contact with real people, and see what other perks and credits might be available for the sailing you want to go on.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 16th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

I always check online through Carnival, then call my PVP. He ALWAYS gets me better deals...I.E. my room on the Destiny for March was $300 cheaper through my PVP than if I had booked it online.

I'd advise calling.
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old October 16th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

I have used Cruise Value Center's web site to book my last three cruises. They are from my home state of New Jersey and I know they have been around along time as I had booked lots of land trips with them in person years ago. I always got a great deal for the cruise plus they through in free on board credit or insurance to boot. I booked this April 2008 upcoming cruise direct with Carnival and I got nothing for free nor did I get a better price. The online reps at Cruise Value Center always left me nice little emails saying thanks when I made a payment. The Carnival reps I have to admit are not as nice when I make my twice a month payments. In fact the last few times I had to call over again to get the copy of the receipt emailed to me to prove I made a payment. I do understand questions get answered direct from Carnival but I also found the online web site answered my questions in a timely fashion using email. I used Carnival direct this time to see what the difference is and so far I don't see it any better price wise. I have tried to use the entertainment coupons also and they were denied.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old October 17th, 2007, 04:52 AM
Passenger

A reputable Travel/Cruise agent always has access to the best price.