Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Passenger

Default room question for Liberty

Hi all

Well i got my OV gaur room assignment last week....Im happy but a little confused/worried. Its room 7202 on the Empress Deck, its a forward facing room (location doesnt bother me...boat could rock like a bronco and i wont get sick haha) wtih an obstructed view. However i posted this question on cruisecritic the other day and i was told the room might be a handicap room...just wondering if anyone on here knows otherwise...because on the carnival site it shows it as a normal one with the beds that push together and the handicap ones on the side.

thanks for the help....onllllly 61 more days...
CARNIVAL SENSATION-NOV '08
CARNIVAL FASCINATION- MAY '10
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

If it were a handicap equipped cabin the brochure would mark it as such. Most likely someone had a handicapped cabin nearby, and didn't receall the exact cabin #.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 16th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Passenger

thanks
CARNIVAL SENSATION-NOV '08
CARNIVAL FASCINATION- MAY '10
Old October 16th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Admiral

The handicapped rooms are on both ends. The only thing about your room that differs from other OV rooms (in addition to the obstructed view), is the layout. As soon as you walk into the room, the bed is in front of you as you enter the room, in other OV rooms, the bed is on the right or left wall. Outside this block of rooms is the "secret deck" everyone talks about. It is accessible through Exit doors on the port side and starboard side. Your room steward will request that you always draw your curtains closed at night. There are no lights on this observation deck at night and very few people visit it. During the day, there are lots of people taking photos as the ship departs and enters the different ports. They bang on your window and try to peek in. Other than that, we found these rooms pretty quiet....all the action is taking place on the Lido deck and that's where everyone is.