CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Sea Miles Card (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/341288-carnival-sea-miles-card.html)

JLI219 October 17th, 2007 11:19 AM

Carnival Sea Miles Card

Anyone have the Carnival Sea Miles credit card? If yes, do you get much savings with it?

jack124 October 17th, 2007 11:33 AM

i have it and use it for everything where i work and have used it to cruise free in sept, balcony on the triumph. 145000 points apprx. took almost 7 months to pile up, lot of purchases at $1 per point. i pay by card , get reimbursed within two days and head right to the bank to deposit. i pay off the card 100% twice a month and never paid interest. i have checked on the discounts and found close to the same pricing on line. i have also used the card to get $ back on airline tickets ($25 i think). have cruised free 4 times in 3 years.

Ro October 18th, 2007 12:57 AM

I also have the card and have used it to purchase just about everything and still have not gotten anything. When I tried to use the card for a cruise it actually was costing more for the cruise than at the Carnival site. How do you get so much from this card?

Big D October 18th, 2007 03:32 AM

The card basically sucks. If you can run 145,000 through it, you might get something. The points are pathetic compared to other cards.

Ro October 18th, 2007 07:29 AM

Big D you said it correctly the card does suck!

marty30907 October 18th, 2007 07:36 AM

My DW and I both have this card and we had paid them off and will not use them again. We figured that we would have to charge over $100,000 dollars on them (each) in order to get a free 2,000 cruise.

Ro October 18th, 2007 07:39 AM

I am glad you said that Marty because that is actually what I think I will be doing with that Sea Card which is paying it off and cutting it up. Its useless for what most people think it will get them in the long run. I can't figure out how that person on this post got so much unless they charged "huge" amounts of money on it.

jack124 October 18th, 2007 09:47 AM

as parts manager of a large ford dealership, i buy a lot. i pay for as much as i can with the card. supplies from sams club, parts from other dealerships out of state, tools, even let other employees use the card to hide xmas gift purchases. one rule, i get paid in cash before you order or if for work, i get paid in two days. yes, credit card bill is EXTREMELY high, but by banking immediately, i even earn a little(very) interest. it probably is not the best card, i saw a few months ago someone had posted a 5% earnback, but when i contacted the poster, they never got back to me. i figured it was just someone with time on their hands. anyone have a better card, please post details.

NancyB October 18th, 2007 03:05 PM

I had the card also. They were late on applying my payment due to the labor day holiday and charged me $36 late fee. I was very mad. NEVER late and always paid in full. I called, they would not reverse the charge, they would not even look at my previous account payments (always early) so I closed the account. I had put $13000 on it in 6 mos and now THEY lost my business also. The card could work if you owned a business.
But for the working man, IT SUCKS!!! But I do love cruizing on CARNIVAL.
Huge interest rates, but it sounded good. Just not for me. Good Luck to others.
Nancy

CO_Cruiser October 18th, 2007 07:06 PM

I think it would be more beneficial to use other cards.

Any airline partners with the major cards to offer Sky Miles per card. Frontier only requires 15,000 points for a free ticket....so there is a $400 savings right there for your next cruise.

145,000 points????? That is insane. I bet there is only a dozen people a year that even redeem points through them. :shock: