Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Passenger

Default Just returned Legend. Any questions? It was great!

We just returned from our cruise on the Legend Oct 7-14. It was wonderful! Couldn't ask for more. If you didn't have fun on this cruise, it was your own darn fault!

Any questions? We hit Grand Cayman, Cozumel (went to Tulum) Belize (snorkeled) and Roatan (snorkeled).

Totally happy! Have cruised Holland America 3 times and RCCL.

Have fun all!
Old October 17th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Admiral

Welcome home and YAY for having a great time on your cruise.

See any shows? What did you have for dinner? Take any excursions?

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old October 17th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Admiral

You're just confirming what I've been saying for the last few years. Carnival is absolutely the most fun for the buck, and the "Spirit" class ships are the most enjoyable of all the Carnival ships.
So glad you had a great time. We are sailing "Miracle" in just a few days, and "Legend" just before Christmas.

Ken
"Sky"
Old October 17th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Passenger

Default Just returned

Thanks!

We had sooooooo much food, prime rib, filet, beef wellington, lobster and shrimp cocktail every night! Lunches and breakfasts too. It was so good!

We just shopped in Grand Cayman. Got our "t-shirts" etc out of the way. Cozumel we went to Tulum Ruins. It poured rain all day! We were soaked through and through but who cares! We went anyway and had a ball. The cliff over Tulum looks out over the bay. It is gorgeous, even in the rain. The ruins are amazing!

In Belize we went to Goff's Caye to snorkel. It was very cool! We bought our own snorkel on ship for $5. They say they are sanitized but I didn't want that in our mouths. They DO NOT have masks that go over your glasses. But water magnified so it was pretty good. And I am very near-sighted. It also rained on us here. If you go on this, hang on to your snorkel and mask at the island to swim around.

In Roatan we went on the clear kayak (so-so) I was exhausted! Then we snorkeled......It was amazing. We went 2 people with one guide. We actually dove down to the coral too. I couldn't get my big butt to go down far so the guide went down first and once I got a little ways down, he took my hand. It was great!

We took lots of pics with underwater cameras. They would have turned outmuch better if it wasn't so overcast and rainy. If you have a bright day, they will be better. Buy your cameras on ship. They were $9.95 and $10.95. About the same as Wal-Mart.

We saw about every show. Only problem was, the theme was Jazz and we aren't jazz people. But enjoyed in anyway! Good shows! RCCL shows were awful. Comedians were good.

We walked in the Walk for the Cure on the last at sea day.

Brittany went to the Club O2 for 15-17 year olds. She met some kids and had fun! She was out til 1am every night.

We did not want to come home!
Old October 17th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Captain

We hit Grand Cayman, Cozumel (went to Tulum) Belize (snorkeled) and Roatan (snorkeled).

What a GREAT itinerary! Guess I oughta be payin more attention to the Legend these days. Glad you enjoyed!
Glory (eastern) 12/2006
Destiny 01/2009
Old October 17th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Admiral

I feel your pain.. I never wanted to get off the ship either. HAHA

Your cruise sounds amazing..

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old October 21st, 2007, 01:01 PM
Familiar Face

We were on the week before you. Had a good time, the stops were the normal things -Grand Cayman -Pirate Ship Snorkel, great especially with kids the pirates made them scrub the deck and soaked them with sea water. Cozumel, seems like everytime we go there I feel like I've been there done that but this time we went rock climbing and zip lining and even had a resort all to ourselves (12 of us) it was very pleasant. Beize - I don't dive so I elected to stay on the ship with the kids while the wife went airboating she had a great time. We were originally going to Costa Maya but the location was changed due to storm damage to Isla Roatan. Must say I really had no expectaion from this place and when you are in port there is pretty much nothing to do at the dock. But OMG we went to Tamayana beach and what an amazing place. Very quiet and the snorkeling put the movie Blue Lagoon to shame it was so awesome at one point I was reminded of Nemo when you skim through this valley of coral and all of a sudden there is a rush of coolness and you are looking at a sheer crystal blue drop off. Almost forgot to breathe.

Also we had Cabin 6232 and what a pleasant surprise. The balcony is the size of three normal balconies. Lots of room
Carnival Destiny 25Oct08 rm1120
Carnival Legend 30Sept07 rm6232 Great Balcony
Carnival Valor 10Sept06 rm1011
Carnival Holiday 08May06 rmE47
Commodore Enchanted Isle 09Sept98 rm465
Old October 21st, 2007, 03:21 PM
Beginner

We are booked on this ship Jan27/2008. Have cabin #8151. Hope it is as fun as it sounds. Pic's would be nice.
Old October 21st, 2007, 07:40 PM
Admiral

Beau222....I'm so glad you enjoyed Tabyana Beach in Roatan. If anyone is contemplating whether to go to Tabyana Beach, you won't be disappointed. It is beautiful and the snorkeling from the beach was spectacular when we were there. My daughter treated herself to a massage on the beach, we had lunch, drinks in the Tiki bar, there is live music, clean restrooms...just a wonderful day.
Old October 21st, 2007, 10:37 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosetattoo
Beau222....I'm so glad you enjoyed Tabyana Beach in Roatan.
I knew I was not spelling it right. Living near the beach all my life, I almost past this one up, but since the price was very good and the wife persisted we went. Very happy we did
Carnival Destiny 25Oct08 rm1120
Carnival Legend 30Sept07 rm6232 Great Balcony
Carnival Valor 10Sept06 rm1011
Carnival Holiday 08May06 rmE47
Commodore Enchanted Isle 09Sept98 rm465