CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Wonderful Things Aboard Carnival Ships (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/341381-wonderful-things-aboard-carnival-ships.html)

HappyJan October 19th, 2007 01:15 PM

Wonderful Things Aboard Carnival Ships

I am interested in knowing if any of you have comments to share about "wonderful things aboard Carnival ships"?

We (party of 7) were on the Carnival Pride in Feb 2003 and it will always remain memorable because it was our first balcony cabin! I have strong memories of these other enjoyable things:

1)The green shower gel (liquid soap). It was in the dispenser in our cabin's bathroom as well as in the showers at the Spa/Gym. The aroma was so refreshing, calming and wonderful.

2) The attentive waitstaff in the Lido Deck buffet. Our party of 7 could always find seating because the waitstaff quickly bussed tables. Upon arriving at the table they were immediately there providing a rolled linen napkin with silverware. I enjoyed this so much because you didn't have to carry the silverware from the buffet line.

3) The atmosphere of the Lido Deck Gym and the adult spa (hottub). It was such a nicely designed facility -- including the four (or was it six?) headed shower stalls (with the green soap, of course!).

I am looking foward to our next cruise to see if they are still use the same green shower gel.

HappyJan
Carnival Liberty February 10, 2008

Michelle1959 October 19th, 2007 01:33 PM

what I loved about our first cruise, on Sensation, was the room service. It was so nice to order in a sandwich, salad or snack and relax, and the wait staff were always nice and attentive, the service always very prompt. I tipped extra, accordingly!

I also loved just being up on deck, looking out at the Atlantic. We loved watching the other ships coming into or out of each port, all the boats, actually, we even loved watching the ferries and mail boat come in to Nassau.

I'm looking forward to spending every possible minute on board out on the decks!

CajunCruiser October 19th, 2007 01:47 PM

We have only cruised twice (3rd booked & working on #4!) and it amazed me on the Ecstasy the attentiveness of our wait staff in the dining room, Loridona actually spoiled us! Each evening, she was able to get the kids (then ages 10/16) to order something from the menu that they'd never had before...and if they would try it for her wether they liked it or not, she'd bring them a special dessert! Last evening of the cruise, camp carnival had their dinner for the kids so my son attended that....she seemed disappointed that he wasn't there...she said she had something for him....she had made many origami animals for him & had a platter of cookies...she said they were just for him...when he returned to the room, she had a note under the cover that she missed seeing his big brown eyes and that she hoped he enjoyed his dining experience with her. She was amazing, I didn't think anyone could top that service. Well, this last trip on the Fantasy, I was proven wrong....again dining staff exceeded expectations again. Kushi was just as good as Loridona, her service, smile, promptness & attentiveness to all 8 of us at the table (this was a cruise for just my boyfriend & myself...and the other guest didn't have their children either)..Kushi spoke to each of us on such a personal level, was entertaining...I just can't say enough.

Don't get me wrong...all of the staff is just wonderful, but these 2 really made my trips enjoyable! I wish I knew what sort of training or class Carnival gives them to remember such detail for each guest...knowing they see soooo many faces each trip and when we get off the boat, they are ready to meet more guest & give them the same level of service. In my "real world of work reality & day to day life" I wish some out there would have just a taste of the training that the crew has had..so that they can be a little more friendly.

rollerdonna October 19th, 2007 10:51 PM

I can think of one wonderful thing - the new Carnival bedding! Those wonderful comfortable beds, and marshmallowy pillows and comforters - I've had the best sleeps on Carnival cruises!

donna

Cruznut2 October 20th, 2007 03:15 PM

Donna, I have to agree with that. I love the comfy bedding.

Laura

ready2board October 20th, 2007 08:19 PM

Nice stories about the great wait staff...I agree the wait staff onboard ships are the best!

I don't think you can train that in to someone...I think for most of them, it comes from the fact they come from countries that have a great deal of respect for children as well as one's elders...Here in the states, we talk a good game about this but it doesn't get practiced as much as in alot of the third world nations...When those folks say family is everthing...They, MEAN it!

Manuel October 20th, 2007 09:13 PM

After reading the above comments, I would have been ready to book a Carnival cruise. Fortunately I don't have to because we made our final payment for our Dec Carnival Liberty cruise.

We cruised on the Carnival Sensation in 2002; the waiter on this cruise was perfect in paying attention to every possible detail.

Manuel

Trip October 20th, 2007 10:27 PM

Truly, all the staff, we came in contact with were excellent, service was outstanding. Our bedding as well was great...

Nothin but blue skies October 20th, 2007 11:47 PM

Almost always have a great personable wait staff and room steward and we love the bedding on Carnival.

Manuel October 21st, 2007 04:07 PM

Do they still have the singing waiters in dining room?

Manuel

OceanAngel October 21st, 2007 09:06 PM

I have to agree the new beds and comforters are awesome!!

When I sailed on the Miracle in April I was looking forward to that comfy nights sleep. Boy was I shocked when I layed down! LOL They had the new pillows and Comforters but a lumpy HARD matress! :shock:

She was going 2 weeks laer for her dry dock!

I am going on the Celebration in a week, keeping my fingers crossed they have them!

cutiecat October 21st, 2007 09:52 PM

I love the smell of the ocean, the atmosphere on deck and the nightlife, the piano bar, the shows, the food, the staff, the decor, the bedding...I'm not sure I've ever found anything less than wonderful!

(BTW HappyJan, you can buy the same shower gel at WalMart-Dove makes what they use onboard and WalMart makes a much cheaper but equivalent to it. It's called Dove Cool Moisture in the brand name).

Nothin but blue skies October 22nd, 2007 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel
Do they still have the singing waiters in dining room?

Manuel

They have always had them on our Carnival Cruises (9 so far and leaving again Saturday). We enjoy this, although I know that a lot of people don't. Maybe they should split the two dining rooms. One with singing waiters and one without and have the guest sign up for whichever they prefer. LOL

Cruiselady82 October 22nd, 2007 07:18 PM

The thing I loved most when I sailed on the Sensation was the lido deck. Thogh it was cold I still enjoyed looking into the ocean and the smell of the sea. We ate on the lido deck for all meals and I will do that again when I cruise next year. I loved my room steward as my bed was always turned down.

Danielle

mehawk October 22nd, 2007 10:48 PM

What did we enjoy??? It was a cruise!! LOL

crazysis October 29th, 2007 04:35 AM

i have yet to go on my first cruise but in will be on the carnival freedom and after reading everyones posts it looks like i booked the right cruise line for my first cruise. i can hardly wait! will april ever get here?

crazysis October 29th, 2007 04:35 AM

i have yet to go on my first cruise but in will be on the carnival freedom and after reading everyones posts it looks like i booked the right cruise line for my first cruise. i can hardly wait! will april ever get here?

Sammy1954 October 29th, 2007 08:50 AM

Have to say the new bedding is great. I dont sleep much but on my last cruise I hated to get up in the am..
Food has always been good and so was the service.
We have never had to ask for anything other than getting
ice in our room a few times.
Carnival seems to have it all together and they try hard
to make your trip the best each time.
I think some times people just want to much.
have to make your trip unforgetable and not plan for
others to do that for you.
april 26th coming fast 180 days.
8) sammy

irishlizz October 30th, 2007 01:28 PM

#1 is always the crew and staff! Exceptional people all the way around and that makes everything else great.

Other than that all I can say is any day on a cruise ship is a good day. 'Tis the motto we live by!

Emmutt October 30th, 2007 03:42 PM

The crew is certainly very good. Nothing like being pampered a bit while vacationing. The last carnival ship we were on had a Sushi bar which was great.

Floridanamaw October 30th, 2007 04:18 PM

I have to agree with the bedding. I loved it. I enjoyed just sitting on our balcony watching the ocean go by as we sailed from port to port. I enjoy being on one of the open decks at night just walking around with the cool air and the breeze and watching the sunsets.

HappyJan January 3rd, 2008 12:15 PM

Thanks for posting your thoughts.

The holidays are finally behind us and I am getting so excited because our cruise is right around the corner!

To cutiecat -- I took a whiff of Dove Cool Moisture at the store and it was similar but not identical to what I remember from the liquid soap on the Carnival Pride. I'm looking forward to checking it out next month. Thanks for the info, I'll buy some when we return to get me through the post-cruise depression.

HappyJan
Carnival Liberty February 20, 2008

johnsmom January 3rd, 2008 12:57 PM

Oh man!! After reading all of the wonderful things I have to look forward to, I can't wait the 8 days until I leave!! :-P

skymaster January 3rd, 2008 02:07 PM

24X7 Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt! Karaoke almost every night! Friendly and attentive staff, not only in the dining room, but all over the ship. Super entertainment, and entertainers that will actually sit down and talk to you! Great bedding, comfortable cabins, excellent food, and last, but certainly not least, a great value for my money.

Ken
"Sky"

Salty Dog January 3rd, 2008 10:32 PM

The two things I like most on a cruise are the balconys and the food service. I never leave the cabin on a cruise cause I'm ugly and hate it when peple stare at me (I don't even like myself ) When the cabin steward brings my order I go out on the balcony and tell him to leave my order on the table. Still I love cruising. Wished they'd have a masked ball so I could get out for a couple of hours tho.
thanks for listening to me
Mr Hyde

Phil&Liz January 5th, 2008 08:54 PM

We thought the fish & chips area (upstairs from the buffet on the Freedom) was a nice addition.

Phil & Liz